Atenolol and Liver disorder - from FDA reports
Liver disorder is found among people who take Atenolol, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for 5 - 10 years, also take medication Lipitor, and have Diabetes. This review analyzes which people have Liver disorder with Atenolol. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 113,829 people who have side effects when taking Atenolol from FDA, and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Jul, 20, 2017
113,829 people reported to have side effects when taking Atenolol.
Among them, 239 people (0.21%) have Liver disorder
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Atenolol when people have Liver disorder *:
- < 1 month: 0.0 %
- 1 - 6 months: 33.33 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 33.33 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 33.33 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Liver disorder when taking Atenolol *:
- female: 63.2 %
- male: 36.8 %
Age of people who have Liver disorder when taking Atenolol *:
- 0-1: 0.53 %
- 2-9: 0.53 %
- 10-19: 0.53 %
- 20-29: 1.6 %
- 30-39: 2.13 %
- 40-49: 12.23 %
- 50-59: 24.47 %
- 60+: 57.98 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Diabetes (23 people, 9.62%)
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (22 people, 9.21%)
- Depression (18 people, 7.53%)
- Preventive Health Care (11 people, 4.60%)
- Pain (11 people, 4.60%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Lipitor (32 people, 13.39%)
- Lisinopril (28 people, 11.72%)
- Omeprazole (27 people, 11.30%)
- Aspirin (27 people, 11.30%)
- Hydrochlorothiazide (21 people, 8.79%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Weakness (36 people, 15.06%)
- Nausea (35 people, 14.64%)
- Malaise (33 people, 13.81%)
- Fatigue (33 people, 13.81%)
- Nausea And Vomiting (29 people, 12.13%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Liver disorder when taking Atenolol?
Atenolol has active ingredients of atenolol. It is often used in high blood pressure. (latest outcomes from Atenolol 118,966 users)
Liver disorder (liver diseases) has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, high blood pressure, multiple sclerosis, preventive health care, depression (latest reports from 28,487 Liver disorder patients).