Home > Atenolol > Myasthenic syndrome > Atenolol and Myasthenic syndrome
Review: could Atenolol cause Myasthenic syndrome (Lambert-Eaton Syndrome)?
We study 80,023 people who have side effects while taking Atenolol from FDA and social media. Among them, 37 have Myasthenic syndrome. Find out below who they are, when they have Myasthenic syndrome and more.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who take Atenolol and have Myasthenic syndrome >>>
Atenolol (latest outcomes from 82,698 users) has active ingredients of atenolol. It is often used in high blood pressure.
Myasthenic syndrome (a group of conditions characterized by muscle weakness (myasthenia) that worsens with physical exertion) (latest reports from 3,881 patients) has been reported by people with depression, pain, high blood pressure, epilepsy, headache.
On Oct, 31, 2014: 80,023 people reported to have side effects when taking Atenolol. Among them, 37 people (0.05%) have Myasthenic Syndrome.
Time on Atenolol when people have Myasthenic syndrome * :
Gender of people who have Myasthenic syndrome when taking Atenolol * :
|Myasthenic syndrome||76.32%||23.68% |
Age of people who have Myasthenic syndrome when taking Atenolol * :
|Myasthenic syndrome||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||6.06%||18.18%||75.76% |
Severity of Myasthenic syndrome when taking Atenolol ** :
How people recovered from Myasthenic syndrome ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Pain (2 people, 5.41%)
- Pain exacerbated (1 people, 2.70%)
- Bone pain (1 people, 2.70%)
- Hyperacidity (1 people, 2.70%)
- Myocardial ischaemia (1 people, 2.70%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (9 people, 24.32%)
- Diltiazem (6 people, 16.22%)
- Prevacid (6 people, 16.22%)
- Norvasc (5 people, 13.51%)
- Lasix (5 people, 13.51%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Myasthenic Syndrome while taking Atenolol?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Atenolol and have Myasthenic Syndrome
- support group for people who take Atenolol
- support group for people who have Myasthenic Syndrome
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Has anyone had tingling in hands, arms, feet, legs from lisinopril that did not go away when they quit taking it? if you got rid of the tingles, how did you do it?
After 9 months on Atenolol I started getting tingling in my left hand. Also had a pulmonary embolism. A doc switched me to Lisinopril and the tingling moved to my legs, feet, both hands and arms. My calf muscles are very tight and my legs ache. Plus dizziness and other things. After 3 years of ...
- I have recently developed blurred vision after taking vagifem for 2 months. will it go away if i discontinue the med?
I am 57 yrs old & began taking vagifem for painful intercourse issues. This is my second try on a med as dr first prescibed premarin cream but I developed vaginitis & had severe headaches. I have been taking the vagifem "vagina pill" for approx 2 months & aside from my hot flashes at night being wor ...
- Wondering if dexilant is causing my problem
have had my prostate checked by urologist and prostate is slightly enlarged but not enough to cause problems.urinary track ok,bladder ok etc.
drank a liter of water and bladder emptied ok in test.
seem to urinate good after consuming coffee or beer but lately having more whiskey than beer.
when I ...
- What can cause shortage of breath on exertion?
My main problem besides the general aches and stiffness which tends to happen as you age, is a shortness of breath if I am sitting doing nothing i don't seem to notice any problem with my breathing, but as soon as I get up and walk I really struggle .This problem appeared about two year ago , when I ...
- How long can multaq cause loose bowels?
I started multaq one week ago, and have had loose bowels since. Is this an ongoing side effect, and if so, what do others do to deal with this sort of intrusion in one's life????? This has limited my activities considerably !!
- Is clomid safe to take while on seroquel, valium, achiphex, & methadone 35mg?
i am worried about taking clomid w any of this meds., especially seroquel. Though, I do not take on regular basis.
- Is atenolol safe long term
I have been taking Atenolol 100 for 10 years is this safe or am I heading for trouble?
- Can curcumin c3 complex cause very dry mouth?
I have been takingall the above drugs since being diagnosed with Sarcoidosis in 1998-99. The only variation is prednisone which I take only when I have a flare. Itook my first Curcumin C3 Complex capsule 3 days ago. 500mg. I decided to start with one a day for awhile. After a few hours I had the dry ...
- Can i take naproxen with garcinia cambogia
I am looking for answers for what meds not to take with garcinia cambogia. I take metformin Lipitor naproxen and atenenol. Will it be safe to take garcenia cambogia?
- Has rabeprazole been researched for triggering enuresis in new-use patients?
I was diagnosed with Acid Reflux disease about 18 months ago, and prescribed the PPI: Rabeprazole. I began using the PPI after supper. Within several days, I began to have bed-wetting, several nights in a row. Since this had happened to me previously, years before, when prescribed 'Celexa'(Citalo ...
More questions for: Atenolol, Myasthenic syndrome
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Victoza and liver cancer (cholangiocarcinoma)
My husband was recently diagnosed with stage 4 liver cancer after taking Victoza for several years. The doctor discontinued the Victoza when the cancer was diagnosed but he actually started feeling better after he stopped it until the cancer started progressing. Since cholangiocarcinoma nd pancreati ...
- Melatonin reduces essential tremor of the hand
After taking Melatonin 1mg as a sleep aid for several nights, I noticed that my essential tremor of the hand was showing improvement. Within a week the tremor was almost unnoticeable, and I could print and write neatly, even when slightly stressed at work. I haven't seen this response reported any ...
- Losartan cause deep vein thrombosis
have had two knee surgeries ,a lumbar decompression, after this three surgeries start taken Losartan potassium and two months later have had a lumbar fusion after this I suffered a Deep Vein Thrombosis, continues taken Losartan for more of year and half, I notice is a bad combination when my ...
- Platelet count decreased in celebrex
I have suffered with back pain since 1952 when I fell 45 feet after accident as tree trimmer. I had lumbar lamenectomy for stenosis, L3, L4 and L5 in 2008, I have had cervical lamenectomy in 1982 for injuries sustained as a Police Officer, have suffered other injuries in career which contributed to ...
- 25 pound weight gain on ranexa
I was at a steady weight at 150 pounds until I developed Prinzmetal's Angina. I was put on 500 mg. of Ranexa twice a day and up to another 500 to 1,000 if needed. Usually the 500 twice a day works. I have always been on a low carb fish and vegetarian diet. I have slowly put on 25 extra pounds since ...
More reviews for: Atenolol, Myasthenic syndrome
On eHealthMe, Atenolol (atenolol) is often used for high blood pressure. Find out below the conditions Atenolol is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Atenolol used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
Related drug studies for: Atenolol, Myasthenic syndrome
Recent Atenolol related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Atenolol, Cardura, Norvasc, Maxide, Losartan for a 64-year old man who has HBP
- Comparions of Cozaar, Tenormin, Norvasc for a 57-year old woman who has Hypertension
- Comparions of Metoprolol Succinate, Atenolol for a 64-year old woman who has Blood Pressure Increased
- Comparions of Atenolol, Hydrochlorothiazide, Amlodipine Besylate, Diovan for a 71-year old woman who has Hypertension
- Comparions of Atenolol, Ramipril, Pravastatin Sodium, Celebrex, Acetaminophen for a 69-year old man who has Hypertension
- Comparions of Toprol-xl, Atenolol for a 72-year old woman who has Hypertensive Cardiomegaly
- Comparions of Candesartan Cilexetil; Hydrochlorothiazide, Atenolol for a 53-year old woman who has Hypertension
- Comparions of Synthroid, Atenolol, Lipitor, Plavix for a 82-year old woman who has TIA
- Comparions of Lisinopril, Atenolol for a 57-year old man who has Blood Pressure
- Comparions of Atenolol, Amlodipine Besylate for a 67-year old woman who has Blood Pressure Increased
More related comparison studies for: Atenolol, Myasthenic syndrome
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Vitamin D, Atorvastatin Calcium, Methadone Hydrochloride, Indomethacin for a 39-year old woman who has High Blood Cholesterol, Pain, Gout (23 minutes ago)
- Haloperidol for a 61-year old woman who has Generalised Anxiety Disorder (39 minutes ago)
- Iron Dextran, Vitamin B12, Methadone Hydrochloride, Venlafaxine Hydrochloride, Nuvigil for a 46-year old woman who has Anemia, Anemia - B12 Deficiency, Neuropathy, Depression, Narcolepsy (1 hour ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Vitamin D and Painful Response To Normal Stimuli
- Toe Swelling and Indomethacin
- Toe Swelling and Gout
- Methadone Hydrochloride and Toe Swelling
- Toe Swelling and Pain
Recent user comments
- "Diagnosed with Gout about 5 weeks ago,Prescribed Indo ... " (24 minutes ago)
- "I did call my doctors office about it and they deny k ... " (4 hours ago)
- "I have been experiencing some chest discomfort on and ... " (8 hours ago)
- Acne Cosmetica
- Urination Difficulty With Flow
- Endometrial Cancer
- Respiratory Sighs