Home > Atenolol > Neuropathy peripheral > Atenolol and Neuropathy peripheral
Review: could Atenolol cause Neuropathy peripheral?
Summary: Neuropathy peripheral is found among people who take Atenolol, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 2 - 5 years, also take medication Zometa, and have Hypertension.
We study 80,038 people who have side effects while taking Atenolol from FDA and social media. Among them, 663 have Neuropathy peripheral. Find out below who they are, when they have Neuropathy peripheral and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Atenolol and have Neuropathy peripheral >>>
Atenolol (latest outcomes from 82,711 users) has active ingredients of atenolol. It is often used in high blood pressure.
Neuropathy peripheral (surface nerve damage) (latest reports from 27,652 patients) has been reported by people with multiple myeloma, osteoporosis, high blood pressure, depression, pain.
On Nov, 26, 2014: 80,038 people reported to have side effects when taking Atenolol. Among them, 663 people (0.83%) have Neuropathy Peripheral.
Time on Atenolol when people have Neuropathy peripheral * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Neuropathy peripheral||23.08%||0.00%||0.00%||15.38%||30.77%||23.08%||7.69% |
Gender of people who have Neuropathy peripheral when taking Atenolol * :
|Neuropathy peripheral||56.38%||43.62% |
Age of people who have Neuropathy peripheral when taking Atenolol * :
|Neuropathy peripheral||0.00%||1.44%||0.00%||0.90%||6.85%||14.95%||24.14%||51.71% |
Severity of Neuropathy peripheral when taking Atenolol ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Neuropathy peripheral||0.00%||50.00%||50.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Neuropathy peripheral ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Neuropathy peripheral||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypertension (101 people, 15.23%)
- Multiple myeloma (80 people, 12.07%)
- Pain (71 people, 10.71%)
- Depression (62 people, 9.35%)
- Anxiety (54 people, 8.14%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Zometa (236 people, 35.60%)
- Aspirin (227 people, 34.24%)
- Lipitor (184 people, 27.75%)
- Lasix (172 people, 25.94%)
- Aredia (155 people, 23.38%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Neuropathy Peripheral while taking Atenolol?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Atenolol and have Neuropathy Peripheral
- support group for people who take Atenolol
- support group for people who have Neuropathy Peripheral
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Is there a support group in the us for people with insulinomas?
(Asked by a 44 year old woman who has Insulinoma, Pancreatic Abdominal Resection, Neuropathy - Facial, Neuropathy - Brachial Plexus, Neuropathy Peripheral, Muscle Cramps, Cataract Surgery, Strabismus, Aorto-duodenal Fistula, Pancreatic Neuroendocrine Tumour, Antiphospholipid Syndrome, Lupus, Posterior Spinal Fusion, Bone Degeneration, Osteoarthritis, Bradycardia, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Islets Of Langerhans)
SUPPORT GROUP IN UNITED STATES!!!
Hi, the only support group that I've been able to find for people with insulinomas is located in the UK... just wondering if there is one in the US. I had pancreatic surgery to remove my first insulinoma in 2012, we're thinking there's another because I'm stil ...
- What does emphysemic change in the lungs mean
(Asked by a 68 year old man who has Neuropathy Peripheral, and takes Tramadol)
Doctor told me I have emphysema changes in my lungs.could this be causing my nausea every day all day?
- Can gabapentin cause bladder distension? there is no urinary symptom .
(Asked by a 72 year old man who has Neuropathy Peripheral, Renal Failure - Chronic, Bladder Distension, and takes Pyridoxine, Methylcobalamin, Alpha - Lipoic Acid, Gabapentin)
Existing illness are Chronic renal failure (after hydro uretero nephrosis due to BPH) and peripheral neuropathy (vit B6 deficiency ) after ATT are the major problems along with BP .At present , the problem is that creatinine gas risen from 1,1 to 1.5 in 6 months .Since 6 months , I am taking medicin ...
- Has anyone had tingling in hands, arms, feet, legs from lisinopril that did not go away when they quit taking it? if you got rid of the tingles, how did you do it?
(Asked by a 51 year old woman who has Muscle Pain, Muscle Tightness, Tingling And Numbness, and takes Atenolol, Lisinopril )
After 9 months on Atenolol I started getting tingling in my left hand. Also had a pulmonary embolism. A doc switched me to Lisinopril and the tingling moved to my legs, feet, both hands and arms. My calf muscles are very tight and my legs ache. Plus dizziness and other things. After 3 years of ...
- I have recently developed blurred vision after taking vagifem for 2 months. will it go away if i discontinue the med?
(Asked by a 58 year old woman who has High Blood Cholesterol; High Blood Pressure, and takes Atenolol)
I am 57 yrs old & began taking vagifem for painful intercourse issues. This is my second try on a med as dr first prescibed premarin cream but I developed vaginitis & had severe headaches. I have been taking the vagifem "vagina pill" for approx 2 months & aside from my hot flashes at night being wor ...
More questions for: Atenolol, Neuropathy peripheral
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Victoza and liver cancer (cholangiocarcinoma)
(Posted by a 59 year old man who has Anaemia Vitamin B12 Deficiency, Sleep Apnea, Hypertension, Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus, Cholangiocarcinoma (liver Cancer), and takes Diovan, Atenolol, Metformin, Victoza)
My husband was recently diagnosed with stage 4 liver cancer after taking Victoza for several years. The doctor discontinued the Victoza when the cancer was diagnosed but he actually started feeling better after he stopped it until the cancer started progressing. Since cholangiocarcinoma nd pancreati ...
- Melatonin reduces essential tremor of the hand
(Posted by a 64 year old woman who has Essential Tremor, and takes Fish Oil, Vitamin D, Atenolol, Melatonin)
After taking Melatonin 1mg as a sleep aid for several nights, I noticed that my essential tremor of the hand was showing improvement. Within a week the tremor was almost unnoticeable, and I could print and write neatly, even when slightly stressed at work. I haven't seen this response reported any ...
- Losartan cause deep vein thrombosis
(Posted by a 47 year old woman who has Anemia, Knee Pain, Back Pain, Knee Injury - Meniscus, Back Injury, High Blood Pressure, Chronic Dvt , and takes Methocarbamol, Warfarin Sodium, Clonidine, Atenolol)
have had two knee surgeries ,a lumbar decompression, after this three surgeries start taken Losartan potassium and two months later have had a lumbar fusion after this I suffered a Deep Vein Thrombosis, continues taken Losartan for more of year and half, I notice is a bad combination when my ...
- Idiopathic insomnolence
(Posted by a 44 year old man who has Insomnolence, Narcolepsy, Iga Nephropathy, Neuropathy Peripheral, and takes Modafinil)
In 1997 I was diagnosed with Narcolepsy with an intolerance to Dexamp(hetamine) tablets.
After 3 years of nose operations, and sleep tests to remove other potential issues (lung problems or apnoea) I have finally been re-diagnosed (2013) with idiopathic insomnolence.
Modaphinil caused a rea ...
- Platelet count decreased in celebrex
(Posted by a 79 year old man who has Osteoarthritis, Back Pain - Low, and takes Celebrex, Atenolol, Oxycodone)
I have suffered with back pain since 1952 when I fell 45 feet after accident as tree trimmer. I had lumbar lamenectomy for stenosis, L3, L4 and L5 in 2008, I have had cervical lamenectomy in 1982 for injuries sustained as a Police Officer, have suffered other injuries in career which contributed to ...
More reviews for: Atenolol, Neuropathy peripheral
- A study of drug interactions between Atenolol, Diamox for a patient with Hypertension, Pseudotumor Cerebri. The patient has White Blood Cell Count
Comments: Doctors asked if I had an infection. I saw an infectious disease doctor and he tested everything and said no infections, hidden or obvious. WBC and platelet counts elevate when i am on diamox. Doctors do not beleive me since diamox is known to decrease WBC, however, when I weaned myself off it slow ...
- A study of drug interactions between Aspirin, CoQ10, Cinnamon, Vitamin D, Cranberry, Zocor, Atenolol, Xanax for a patient with Heart Artery Dilatation, Supplementation Therapy, Blood Glucose Increased, Vitamin B-12 Level, Urinary Tract Pain, High Blood Cholesterol, Heart Palpitations, Anxiety. The patient has Nipple Discharge - Abnormal
Comments: Just noticed a few tiny dots of nipple discharge from clear to light brown when one nipple is squeezed. NOTE: One year ago had small red blood dots from OTHER nipple, spontaneous. Had many tests (see below) and saw a breast surgeon --- result: bleeding thought to be due to trauma (stabbed myself ...
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin D, Vitamin E, Vitamin C, Potassium Gluconate, Butrans, Androgel, Viibryd, Livalo, Tribenzor, Nexium, Metformin, Lantus, Atenolol, Lovaza, Allopurinol for a patient with General Physical Health Deterioration, General Physical Condition, Muscle Weakness, Pain, Testosterone, Depression, High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides, High Blood Pressure, Gerd, Diabetes, High Blood Cholesterol, High Blood Sugar, Gout. The patient has Diabetes Mellitus, Erectile Dysfunction, Peripheral Neuropathy
Comments: Concern about allopurinol having exacerbated peripheral neuropathy
Also concerned about drugs and their interactions causing ED if I stop taking blood pressure meds incidence of ED is reduced considerably.
- A study of side effects of Atenolol for a patient with Hypertension. The patient has Coloración Rojiza En Las Extremedidas
Comments: Tomo medio atenolol 0,50 junto a medio losartan todas las mañanas desde hace 7 años,pero desde hace tres meses presento coloración rojiza en las extremidades, que al presionar con los dedos quedan blancas y se agudiza cuando las piernas están mucho de pie. el diagnóstico fue livedo reticularis ...
- A study of drug interactions between Atenolol, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride for a patient with High Blood Pressure, Chronic Migrains. The patient has
Comments: I have suffered severely with migraines since I was 12 years old. The doctor put me on these two medications because of high blood pressure and because they both aid in preventing migraines. How safe is it to take these long term and why do I have such a hard time to lose weight? I'm thinking it is ...
More related studies for: Atenolol, Neuropathy peripheral
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.