Home > Atenolol > Peripheral neuropathy > Atenolol and Peripheral neuropathy
Review: could Atenolol cause Peripheral neuropathy?
Summary: Peripheral neuropathy is found among people who take Atenolol, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 5 - 10 years, also take medication Aspirin, and have Neuropathy.
We study 80,038 people who have side effects while taking Atenolol from FDA and social media. Among them, 92 have Peripheral neuropathy. Find out below who they are, when they have Peripheral neuropathy and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Atenolol and have Peripheral neuropathy >>>
Atenolol (latest outcomes from 82,711 users) has active ingredients of atenolol. It is often used in high blood pressure.
Peripheral neuropathy (damage to nerves of the peripheral nervous system) (latest reports from 10,507 patients) has been reported by people with multiple myeloma, high blood cholesterol, diabetes, high blood pressure, pain.
On Nov, 13, 2014: 80,038 people reported to have side effects when taking Atenolol. Among them, 190 people (0.24%) have Peripheral Neuropathy.
Time on Atenolol when people have Peripheral neuropathy * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Peripheral neuropathy||0.00%||0.00%||20.00%||0.00%||10.00%||40.00%||30.00% |
Gender of people who have Peripheral neuropathy when taking Atenolol * :
|Peripheral neuropathy||48.98%||51.02% |
Age of people who have Peripheral neuropathy when taking Atenolol * :
|Peripheral neuropathy||0.00%||1.20%||0.00%||0.00%||0.60%||10.84%||27.11%||60.24% |
Severity of Peripheral neuropathy when taking Atenolol ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Peripheral neuropathy||0.00%||63.64%||36.36%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Peripheral neuropathy ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Peripheral neuropathy||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Neuropathy (13 people, 6.84%)
- Hypertension (11 people, 5.79%)
- Blood cholesterol increased (11 people, 5.79%)
- Depression (7 people, 3.68%)
- Rheumatoid arthritis (6 people, 3.16%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (30 people, 15.79%)
- Lipitor (25 people, 13.16%)
- Neurontin (19 people, 10.00%)
- Acetylsalicylic acid srt (17 people, 8.95%)
- Lasix (17 people, 8.95%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Peripheral Neuropathy while taking Atenolol?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Atenolol and have Peripheral Neuropathy
- support group for people who take Atenolol
- support group for people who have Peripheral Neuropathy
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Can an im phenergan injection cause neuropathy, where the injection was given?
(Asked by a 38 year old woman who has Neuropathy, and takes Phenergan)
I was given a phenergan injection in PACU. Once I was discharged and home, I felt numbness in my leg where the injection was given. I called my MD and was told the numbness was from the position my leg was in during surgery. It has now been 5 months and my upper thigh has neuropathy. Can Phenerga ...
- Has anyone had tingling in hands, arms, feet, legs from lisinopril that did not go away when they quit taking it? if you got rid of the tingles, how did you do it?
(Asked by a 51 year old woman who has Muscle Pain, Muscle Tightness, Tingling And Numbness, and takes Atenolol, Lisinopril )
After 9 months on Atenolol I started getting tingling in my left hand. Also had a pulmonary embolism. A doc switched me to Lisinopril and the tingling moved to my legs, feet, both hands and arms. My calf muscles are very tight and my legs ache. Plus dizziness and other things. After 3 years of ...
- What are effects of gabapentin when taking stress test?
(Asked by a 78 year old woman who has Neuropathy, and takes Gabapentin, Amlodipine Besylate, Hydrochlorothiazide)
I am seeing a neurologist, and have been referred to a cardiologist before final diagnosis. My initial test was good, but the cardiologist recommended I have a stress test to complete his evaluation.
- I have recently developed blurred vision after taking vagifem for 2 months. will it go away if i discontinue the med?
(Asked by a 58 year old woman who has High Blood Cholesterol; High Blood Pressure, and takes Atenolol)
I am 57 yrs old & began taking vagifem for painful intercourse issues. This is my second try on a med as dr first prescibed premarin cream but I developed vaginitis & had severe headaches. I have been taking the vagifem "vagina pill" for approx 2 months & aside from my hot flashes at night being wor ...
- Wondering if dexilant is causing my problem
(Asked by a 61 year old man who has Do Not Urinate Much In Evening, Have To Urinate 3 Or 4 Times At Night, and takes Methocarbamol And Aspirin, Pseudoephedrine Hydrochloride, Ibuprofen, Rosuvastatin Calcium, Atenolol, Ramipril, Amlodipine, Dexilant )
have had my prostate checked by urologist and prostate is slightly enlarged but not enough to cause problems.urinary track ok,bladder ok etc.
drank a liter of water and bladder emptied ok in test.
seem to urinate good after consuming coffee or beer but lately having more whiskey than beer.
when I ...
More questions for: Atenolol, Peripheral neuropathy
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Victoza and liver cancer (cholangiocarcinoma)
(Posted by a 59 year old man who has Anaemia Vitamin B12 Deficiency, Sleep Apnea, Hypertension, Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus, Cholangiocarcinoma (liver Cancer), and takes Diovan, Atenolol, Metformin, Victoza)
My husband was recently diagnosed with stage 4 liver cancer after taking Victoza for several years. The doctor discontinued the Victoza when the cancer was diagnosed but he actually started feeling better after he stopped it until the cancer started progressing. Since cholangiocarcinoma nd pancreati ...
- Adderall xr 30 mg and peripheral neuropathy
(Posted by a 19 year old girl who has Peripheral Neuropathy, and takes Adderall Xr 30)
I have been taking adderall xr 30 mg for the past five years, with some breaks. I started showing symptoms of peripheral neuropathy the second year. This year (my 5th year on adderall) has been the worst and most difficult for my peripheral neuropathy. I also suffer from major depressive disorder an ...
- Lyrica varied widely
(Posted by a 69 year old woman who has Peripheral Neuropathy, Chronic Pain, Bright-red Rash, Swelling Of Ankles, Weight Gain, and takes Lyrica)
I was prescribed Lyrica for treatment of chronic pain. It was ineffective, but it knocked out the symptoms of interstitial. However, it also caused rapid weight gain (I went from 110 to 130 lbs. in just a few weeks) and my ankles started to swell. The pain doctor advised me to discontinue the dru ...
- I need advise, badly ckd!!
(Posted by a 49 year old woman who has Constipation, Peripheral Neuropathy, Orthostatic Hypotension, Chronic Kidney Disease, and takes Milk Thistle, Zolpidem, Melatonin, Xanax, Adderall 30, Zorvolex)
The orthostatic BP started in mid April, I was only dizzy upon wakening then it would subside. I have never been a big breakfast eater so I started doing that. We were in Disney later in April and I was extremely fatigued, to the point of not wanting to walk, Disney would be the first time I passe ...
- Melatonin reduces essential tremor of the hand
(Posted by a 64 year old woman who has Essential Tremor, and takes Fish Oil, Vitamin D, Atenolol, Melatonin)
After taking Melatonin 1mg as a sleep aid for several nights, I noticed that my essential tremor of the hand was showing improvement. Within a week the tremor was almost unnoticeable, and I could print and write neatly, even when slightly stressed at work. I haven't seen this response reported any ...
More reviews for: Atenolol, Peripheral neuropathy
- A study of side effects of Pravastatin Sodium for a patient with High Blood Cholesterol. The patient has Peripheral Neuropathy Aggravated (damage to nerves of the peripheral nervous system)
Comments: I have been on Pravastatin for 10+ years and have suffered from peripheral neuropathy for 10+ years. It recently got much worse when I took a particular antibiotic for a sinus infection, progressing from my feet - ankles to my feet - just above my knees.
- A study of drug interactions between Atenolol, Diamox for a patient with Hypertension, Pseudotumor Cerebri. The patient has White Blood Cell Count
Comments: Doctors asked if I had an infection. I saw an infectious disease doctor and he tested everything and said no infections, hidden or obvious. WBC and platelet counts elevate when i am on diamox. Doctors do not beleive me since diamox is known to decrease WBC, however, when I weaned myself off it slow ...
- A study of drug interactions between Aspirin, CoQ10, Cinnamon, Vitamin D, Cranberry, Zocor, Atenolol, Xanax for a patient with Heart Artery Dilatation, Supplementation Therapy, Blood Glucose Increased, Vitamin B-12 Level, Urinary Tract Pain, High Blood Cholesterol, Heart Palpitations, Anxiety. The patient has Nipple Discharge - Abnormal
Comments: Just noticed a few tiny dots of nipple discharge from clear to light brown when one nipple is squeezed. NOTE: One year ago had small red blood dots from OTHER nipple, spontaneous. Had many tests (see below) and saw a breast surgeon --- result: bleeding thought to be due to trauma (stabbed myself ...
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin D, Vitamin E, Vitamin C, Potassium Gluconate, Butrans, Androgel, Viibryd, Livalo, Tribenzor, Nexium, Metformin, Lantus, Atenolol, Lovaza, Allopurinol for a patient with General Physical Health Deterioration, General Physical Condition, Muscle Weakness, Pain, Testosterone, Depression, High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides, High Blood Pressure, Gerd, Diabetes, High Blood Cholesterol, High Blood Sugar, Gout. The patient has Diabetes Mellitus, Erectile Dysfunction, Peripheral Neuropathy
Comments: Concern about allopurinol having exacerbated peripheral neuropathy
Also concerned about drugs and their interactions causing ED if I stop taking blood pressure meds incidence of ED is reduced considerably.
- A study of side effects of Atenolol for a patient with Hypertension. The patient has Coloración Rojiza En Las Extremedidas
Comments: Tomo medio atenolol 0,50 junto a medio losartan todas las mañanas desde hace 7 años,pero desde hace tres meses presento coloración rojiza en las extremidades, que al presionar con los dedos quedan blancas y se agudiza cuando las piernas están mucho de pie. el diagnóstico fue livedo reticularis ...
More related studies for: Atenolol, Peripheral neuropathy
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.