Review: could Atenolol cause Sexual dysfunction (Erection problems)?
Summary: Sexual dysfunction is found among people who take Atenolol, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 5 - 10 years, also take medication Aspirin, and have Erection problems.
We study 80,107 people who have side effects while taking Atenolol from FDA and social media. Among them, 412 have Sexual dysfunction. Find out below who they are, when they have Sexual dysfunction and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Atenolol and have Sexual dysfunction >>>
Atenolol has active ingredients of atenolol. It is often used in high blood pressure. (latest outcomes from 82,782 Atenolol users)
Sexual dysfunction (difficulty experienced by an individual or a couple during any stage of a normal sexual activity) has been reported by people with depression, high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol, pain, hair loss. (latest reports from 32,173 Sexual dysfunction patients)
On Apr, 3, 2015: 80,090 people reported to have side effects when taking Atenolol. Among them, 422 people (0.53%) have Sexual Dysfunction.
Time on Atenolol when people have Sexual dysfunction * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Sexual dysfunction||0.00%||6.25%||3.12%||3.12%||25.00%||34.38%||28.12% |
Gender of people who have Sexual dysfunction when taking Atenolol * :
|Sexual dysfunction||4.58%||95.42% |
Age of people who have Sexual dysfunction when taking Atenolol * :
|Sexual dysfunction||0.00%||0.00%||1.08%||0.54%||2.69%||10.22%||29.30%||56.18% |
Severity of Sexual dysfunction when taking Atenolol ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Sexual dysfunction||3.23%||32.26%||54.84%||9.68% |
How people recovered from Sexual dysfunction ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Sexual dysfunction||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Erectile dysfunction (99 people, 23.46%)
- Hypertension (59 people, 13.98%)
- Depression (35 people, 8.29%)
- Blood cholesterol increased (27 people, 6.40%)
- Anxiety (21 people, 4.98%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (105 people, 24.88%)
- Viagra (104 people, 24.64%)
- Levitra (90 people, 21.33%)
- Lisinopril (64 people, 15.17%)
- Lipitor (53 people, 12.56%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Sexual Dysfunction while taking Atenolol?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Atenolol and have Sexual Dysfunction
- support group for people who take Atenolol
- support group for people who have Sexual Dysfunction
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Atenolol for a 49-year old man with HBP.
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin D, Atenolol, Vitamin B12 for a 58-year old woman with Low Egfr, Blood Pressure Increased. The patient has Oesophagitis Ulcerative, Diverticulitis Intestinal, Fibromyalgia, Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness
- A study of drug interactions between Tamsulosin, Latanoprost, Atenolol, Amlodipine for a 81-year old man with Frequent Or Urgent Urination, Eye Degenerative Disorder, Hypertension. The patient has Muscle Pain, Feeling Hot, Diabetes Mellitus, Swelling Face, Puffy Face
- A study of drug interactions between Carvedilol, Crestor, Levothyroxine Sodium for a 75-year old man with High Blood Pressure, Heart Disease, Hypothyroidism. The patient has Impotence
- A study of drug interactions between Norvasc, Multivitamin, Horse Chestnut, Omega 3, Saw Palmetto, Metformin, Aspirin, Atenolol, Glimepiride, Hydrochlorothiazide, Fosinopril Sodium for a 71-year old man with High Blood Pressure, Deficiency, Swelling Of The Ankles - Feet - Legs, Blood Cholesterol Abnormal, Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia, Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus, Ischaemic Heart Disease. The patient has Peripheral Artery Disease, Coronary Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, High Blood Sugar
Recent Atenolol related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.