Home > Atenolol > Tinnitus > Atenolol and Tinnitus
Review: could Atenolol cause Tinnitus?
We study 80,023 people who have side effects while taking Atenolol from FDA and social media. Among them, 424 have Tinnitus. Find out below who they are, when they have Tinnitus and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Atenolol and have Tinnitus >>>
Atenolol (latest outcomes from 82,698 users) has active ingredients of atenolol. It is often used in high blood pressure.
Tinnitus (a ringing in the ears) (latest reports from 115,378 patients) has been reported by people with depression, high blood pressure, osteoporosis, high blood cholesterol, stress and anxiety.
On Oct, 26, 2014: 80,023 people reported to have side effects when taking Atenolol. Among them, 430 people (0.54%) have Tinnitus.
Time on Atenolol when people have Tinnitus * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Tinnitus when taking Atenolol * :
Age of people who have Tinnitus when taking Atenolol * :
Severity of Tinnitus when taking Atenolol ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Tinnitus ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypertension (71 people, 16.51%)
- Depression (31 people, 7.21%)
- Anxiety (24 people, 5.58%)
- Muscle spasms (20 people, 4.65%)
- Gastrooesophageal reflux disease (15 people, 3.49%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (92 people, 21.40%)
- Zocor (66 people, 15.35%)
- Lisinopril (53 people, 12.33%)
- Lipitor (47 people, 10.93%)
- Zometa (36 people, 8.37%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Tinnitus while taking Atenolol?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Atenolol and have Tinnitus
- support group for people who take Atenolol
- support group for people who have Tinnitus
Comments from related studies:
From this study (8 months ago):
it is constant most of the time and will just stop for a few days or weeks at a time.
From this study (9 months ago):
Tinnitus started noticeably last two years
From this study (12 months ago):
Items in section 3 are currently under evaluation. Most began to emerge, subtly, approximately 11 years ago and have intensified over the past 2-3 years. Myelomalacia involving a 9.5-cm segment of the posterior column of the spinal cord was demonstrated on MRI 2 weeks ago.
Post a new comment OR Read more comments
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
- Tinnitus sufferers using buspar ,did ringing get worse
I am on Zoloft & ringing has been bad last 7 days..dr thinks BuSpar would be milder, just heard scary stories of worse ringing...any help appreciated
- Omeprazole or pantoprazole?
I take an oral contraceptive, Diane-35 ED, which is not in the list of drugs to choose from on this site.
Recently, the medication I was taking for my stomach ulcer (Omeprazole) became unavailable in my country of residence and was replaced by Patoprazole. I started taking it yesterday morning a ...
- Has anyone had tingling in hands, arms, feet, legs from lisinopril that did not go away when they quit taking it? if you got rid of the tingles, how did you do it?
After 9 months on Atenolol I started getting tingling in my left hand. Also had a pulmonary embolism. A doc switched me to Lisinopril and the tingling moved to my legs, feet, both hands and arms. My calf muscles are very tight and my legs ache. Plus dizziness and other things. After 3 years of ...
More questions for: Atenolol, Tinnitus
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Still ill after several years
I became ill several years ago.
It all started with a head cold that lasted a few months and left me with Tinnitus and chronic sinusitis.
After a nose operation and many visits to the doc and hospital, I am no closer to felling better or being cured.
My doc gave me Beconase Aq at first and th ...
- Melatonin reduces essential tremor of the hand
After taking Melatonin 1mg as a sleep aid for several nights, I noticed that my essential tremor of the hand was showing improvement. Within a week the tremor was almost unnoticeable, and I could print and write neatly, even when slightly stressed at work. I haven't seen this response reported any ...
- Losartan cause deep vein thrombosis
have had two knee surgeries ,a lumbar decompression, after this three surgeries start taken Losartan potassium and two months later have had a lumbar fusion after this I suffered a Deep Vein Thrombosis, continues taken Losartan for more of year and half, I notice is a bad combination when my ...
More reviews for: Atenolol, Tinnitus
On eHealthMe, Atenolol (atenolol) is often used for high blood pressure. Find out below the conditions Atenolol is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Atenolol used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Zantac, Miralax for a 1-year old girl who has Reflux - Infants, Constipation (16 minutes ago)
- Myrbetriq, Estrace, Levothyroxine Sodium, Omeprazole for a 67-year old woman who has Oab, Thinning Vaginal Walls, Hypothroidism, Barrett's Esophagus (58 minutes ago)
- Venlafaxine Hydrochloride, Prazosin Hydrochloride for a 46-year old woman who has Depression, PTSD (1 hour ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Bell'S Palsy and Zoloft
- Multiple Sclerosis and Alopecia Universalis
- Mirena and Coagulopathy
- Slapped Cheek
- Abdominal Pain and Premarin
Recent user comments
- "It has been almost two months that abovementoined sym ... " (2 hours ago)
- "Wondering if possible i could have candida. i have ce ... " (3 hours ago)
- "Within a week after starting Meloxicam I developed a ... " (4 hours ago)
- Allegra (sanofi Aventis Us) 60mg
- Allegra Sanofi Aventis Us 60mg
- Renal Failure
- Dreams Bad
- Candesartan Cilexetil