Review: could Atenolol cause Upset stomach (Nausea and vomiting)?
Summary: Upset stomach is found among people who take Atenolol, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 2 - 5 years, also take medication Aspirin, and have High blood pressure.
We study 80,107 people who have side effects while taking Atenolol from FDA and social media. Among them, 939 have Upset stomach. Find out below who they are, when they have Upset stomach and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Atenolol and have Upset stomach >>>
Atenolol has active ingredients of atenolol. It is often used in high blood pressure. (latest outcomes from 82,782 Atenolol users)
Upset stomach has been reported by people with high blood pressure, pain, type 2 diabetes, depression, rheumatoid arthritis. (latest reports from 142,502 Upset stomach patients)
On Apr, 2, 2015: 80,090 people reported to have side effects when taking Atenolol. Among them, 2,509 people (3.13%) have Upset Stomach.
Time on Atenolol when people have Upset stomach * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Upset stomach||14.55%||9.09%||1.82%||16.36%||30.91%||21.82%||5.45% |
Gender of people who have Upset stomach when taking Atenolol * :
|Upset stomach||67.30%||32.70% |
Age of people who have Upset stomach when taking Atenolol * :
|Upset stomach||0.21%||0.47%||0.68%||1.75%||5.70%||11.20%||23.46%||56.53% |
Severity of Upset stomach when taking Atenolol ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Upset stomach||25.00%||50.00%||25.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Upset stomach ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Upset stomach||0.00%||25.00%||75.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypertension (449 people, 17.90%)
- Depression (193 people, 7.69%)
- Pain (156 people, 6.22%)
- Anxiety (134 people, 5.34%)
- Smoking cessation therapy (94 people, 3.75%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (710 people, 28.30%)
- Simvastatin (312 people, 12.44%)
- Lisinopril (312 people, 12.44%)
- Furosemide (274 people, 10.92%)
- Hydrochlorothiazide (255 people, 10.16%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of atenolol and upset stomach on
Do you have Upset Stomach while taking Atenolol?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Atenolol and have Upset Stomach
- support group for people who take Atenolol
- support group for people who have Upset Stomach
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin B12, Simvastatin, Norvasc, Atenolol for a 58-year old woman with Nerve Pain, Hypertension, High Cholesterol, Hypertension, High Blood Pressure. The patient has Gastric Ph, Breast Pain, Gnawing, Bloating, Heartburn
- A study of side effects of Atenolol for a 54-year old woman with Palpitations. The patient has Pain
- A study of side effects of Oxymorphone Hydrochloride for a 50-year old man with Pain. The patient has Emesis
- A study of drug interactions between Lomotil, Celexa, Gemfibrozil, Lisinopril, Atenolol, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Prilosec for a 48-year old woman with Incontinence, Depression, High Blood Cholesterol, High Blood Pressure, Insomnia, Gerd. The patient has Loss Of Hair
- A study of side effects of Atenolol for a 39-year old woman with Tachycardia. The patient has Tingling Pain In Lower Back And Hip..muscle Spasms In Legs And Back
Recent Atenolol related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Naproxen, Chlorpromazine Hydrochloride, Prochlorperazine, Atenolol, Cyclobenzaprine Hydrochloride for a 59-year old woman who has Irregular Heartbeat
- Comparions of Atenolol, Omeprazole for a 83-year old man who has High Blood Pressure
- Comparions of Marijuana, Arginine, Atenolol for a 64-year old man who has Blood Pressure
- Comparions of Atenolol, Carvedilol for a 49-year old man who has Heart Failure
- Comparions of Nitroglycerin, Aspirin, Flagyl, Atenolol, Simvastatin for a 36-year old woman who has Infection
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.