Review: could Ativan cause Ammonia increased?
Summary: Ammonia increased is found among people who take Ativan, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Ambien, and have Gingivitis.
We study 33,058 people who have side effects while taking Ativan from FDA and social media. Among them, 33 have Ammonia increased. Find out below who they are, when they have Ammonia increased and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Ativan and have Ammonia increased >>>
Ativan has active ingredients of lorazepam. It is often used in stress and anxiety. (latest outcomes from 35,231 Ativan users)
Ammonia increased has been reported by people with hepatitis c, hepatic neoplasm malignant, convulsion, epilepsy, high blood pressure. (latest reports from 2,908 Ammonia increased patients)
On Mar, 17, 2015: 33,058 people reported to have side effects when taking Ativan. Among them, 33 people (0.10%) have Ammonia Increased.
Time on Ativan when people have Ammonia increased * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Ammonia increased||100.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Ammonia increased when taking Ativan * :
|Ammonia increased||56.25%||43.75% |
Age of people who have Ammonia increased when taking Ativan * :
|Ammonia increased||0.00%||0.00%||6.25%||9.38%||9.38%||25.00%||34.38%||15.62% |
Severity of Ammonia increased when taking Ativan ** :
How people recovered from Ammonia increased ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Gingivitis (4 people, 12.12%)
- Extrapyramidal disorder (1 people, 3.03%)
- Hypertension (1 people, 3.03%)
- Diabetes mellitus (1 people, 3.03%)
- Depression (1 people, 3.03%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Ambien (8 people, 24.24%)
- Depakote (7 people, 21.21%)
- Keppra (7 people, 21.21%)
- Klonopin (5 people, 15.15%)
- Lactulose (5 people, 15.15%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of ativan and ammonia increased on
Do you have Ammonia Increased while taking Ativan?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Ativan and have Ammonia Increased
- support group for people who take Ativan
- support group for people who have Ammonia Increased
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Claritin, Lorazepam, Pantoprazole, Metoprolol Succinate, Biotin, Zoloft, Gabapentin for a 19-year old girl with Allergy, Anxiety Disorder, Acid Reflux, Tachycardia, Keratosis Pilaris, Migraine With Aura. The patient has Blurred Vision, Double Vision, Cold Exposure - Extremities, Sweating Decreased, Sweating, Seizure - Tonic-clonic, Brain Injury, Gastroparesis, Low Blood Pressure, Dizziness, Tachycardia
- A study of drug interactions between Zoloft, Ativan, Methadone Hydrochloride, Percocet, Tizanidine Hydrochloride for a 37-year old woman with PTSD, Spinal Cord Injury Cervical, Spinal Osteoarthritis. The patient has Restlessness Aggravated, Restless Legs Syndrome, Movement - Uncontrollable, Pain - Leg, Nausea And Vomiting, Vomiting, Abdominal Pain
- A study of drug interactions between Ativan, Bupropion Hydrochloride, Latuda, Vyvanse, Zopiclone, Gabapentin, Seroquel for a 21-year old woman with Panic Attack, Depression, Bipolar Disorder, Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder, Insomnia, Anxiety Disorder, Bipolar Ii Disorder. The patient has Anxiety, Apathy, Hypomania, Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder, Tremor, Memory Impairment
- A study of drug interactions between Melatonin, Valerian, Effexor Xr, Ativan, Thorazine for a 42-year old woman with Chronic Insomnia, Insomnia, Depression Suicidal, Anxiety. The patient has Weakness, Fatigue, Lower Blood Pressure, Dry Eyes
- A study of drug interactions between Aspirin, Ativan, Lisinopril, Zoloft, Simvastatin, Janumet for a 64-year old woman with Heartburn Prevention, Insomnia, High Blood Cholesterol, Chronic Depression, Diabetes. The patient has Photosensitivity Reaction
Recent Ativan related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Abilify, Effexor, Lorazepam for a 29-year old man who has Schizophrenia, Paranoid Type
- Comparions of Ativan, Buspirone Hcl for a 39-year old woman who has Adjustment Disorder With Mixed Anxiety And Depressed Mood
- Comparions of Methscopolamine Bromide, Lorazepam, Hydromorphone Hydrochloride, Morphine for a 85-year old man who has COPD
- Comparions of Singulair, Ativan, Wellbutrin Sr, Celebrex, Claritin for a 44-year old woman who has Chronic Thyroiditis
- Comparions of Lorazepam, Triamterene And Hydrochlorothiazide for a 51-year old woman who has Anxiety Disorder
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.