Review: could Ativan cause Cerebral atrophy?
Summary: Cerebral atrophy is found among people who take Ativan, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Aredia, and have Multiple myeloma.
We study 33,058 people who have side effects while taking Ativan from FDA and social media. Among them, 116 have Cerebral atrophy. Find out below who they are, when they have Cerebral atrophy and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Ativan and have Cerebral atrophy >>>
Ativan has active ingredients of lorazepam. It is often used in stress and anxiety. (latest outcomes from 35,231 Ativan users)
Cerebral atrophy (decrement in size of brain) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, osteoporosis, depression, multiple sclerosis, pain. (latest reports from 3,484 Cerebral atrophy patients)
On Mar, 27, 2015: 33,058 people reported to have side effects when taking Ativan. Among them, 116 people (0.35%) have Cerebral Atrophy.
Time on Ativan when people have Cerebral atrophy * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Cerebral atrophy||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Cerebral atrophy when taking Ativan * :
|Cerebral atrophy||42.02%||57.98% |
Age of people who have Cerebral atrophy when taking Ativan * :
|Cerebral atrophy||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||9.52%||31.43%||59.05% |
Severity of Cerebral atrophy when taking Ativan ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Cerebral atrophy||0.00%||0.00%||100.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Cerebral atrophy ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Cerebral atrophy||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Multiple myeloma (29 people, 25.00%)
- Depression (20 people, 17.24%)
- Pain (16 people, 13.79%)
- Hypertension (15 people, 12.93%)
- Oedema (12 people, 10.34%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aredia (52 people, 44.83%)
- Zometa (52 people, 44.83%)
- Prednisone (38 people, 32.76%)
- Coumadin (37 people, 31.90%)
- Levaquin (36 people, 31.03%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Cerebral Atrophy while taking Ativan?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Ativan and have Cerebral Atrophy
- support group for people who take Ativan
- support group for people who have Cerebral Atrophy
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Zoloft, Ativan, Methadone Hydrochloride, Percocet, Tizanidine Hydrochloride for a 37-year old woman with PTSD, Spinal Cord Injury Cervical, Spinal Osteoarthritis. The patient has Restlessness Aggravated, Restless Legs Syndrome, Movement - Uncontrollable, Pain - Leg, Nausea And Vomiting, Vomiting, Abdominal Pain
- A study of drug interactions between Ativan, Bupropion Hydrochloride, Latuda, Vyvanse, Zopiclone, Gabapentin, Seroquel for a 21-year old woman with Panic Attack, Depression, Bipolar Disorder, Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder, Insomnia, Anxiety Disorder, Bipolar Ii Disorder. The patient has Anxiety, Apathy, Hypomania, Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder, Tremor, Memory Impairment
- A study of drug interactions between Melatonin, Valerian, Effexor Xr, Ativan, Thorazine for a 42-year old woman with Chronic Insomnia, Insomnia, Depression Suicidal, Anxiety. The patient has Weakness, Fatigue, Lower Blood Pressure, Dry Eyes
- A study of drug interactions between Aspirin, Ativan, Lisinopril, Zoloft, Simvastatin, Janumet for a 64-year old woman with Heartburn Prevention, Insomnia, High Blood Cholesterol, Chronic Depression, Diabetes. The patient has Photosensitivity Reaction
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin D, Fludrocortisone Acetate, Gabapentin, Lorazepam, Hydrocortisone, Norco, Duloxetine Hydrochloride, Metoprolol Succinate, Levothyroxine Sodium for a 43-year old woman with C4 Level, Addison's Disease, Pain, Generalised Anxiety Disorder, Chronic Pain, Fibromyalgia, Tachycardia, Hypothyroidism. The patient has Lactation - Abnormal
Recent Ativan related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Abilify, Effexor, Lorazepam for a 29-year old man who has Schizophrenia, Paranoid Type
- Comparions of Ativan, Buspirone Hcl for a 39-year old woman who has Adjustment Disorder With Mixed Anxiety And Depressed Mood
- Comparions of Methscopolamine Bromide, Lorazepam, Hydromorphone Hydrochloride, Morphine for a 85-year old man who has COPD
- Comparions of Singulair, Ativan, Wellbutrin Sr, Celebrex, Claritin for a 44-year old woman who has Chronic Thyroiditis
- Comparions of Lorazepam, Triamterene And Hydrochlorothiazide for a 51-year old woman who has Anxiety Disorder
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.