Ativan and Dementia - from FDA reports
Dementia is found among people who take Ativan, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Seroquel, and have Hypercalcaemia of malignancy. This review analyzes which people have Dementia with Ativan. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 46,976 people who have side effects when taking Ativan from FDA, and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Jul, 21, 2017
46,976 people reported to have side effects when taking Ativan.
Among them, 179 people (0.38%) have Dementia
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Ativan when people have Dementia *:
- < 1 month: 45.45 %
- 1 - 6 months: 9.09 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 9.09 %
- 2 - 5 years: 9.09 %
- 5 - 10 years: 18.18 %
- 10+ years: 9.09 %
Gender of people who have Dementia when taking Ativan *:
- female: 62.5 %
- male: 37.5 %
Age of people who have Dementia when taking Ativan *:
- 0-1: 0.7 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 1.4 %
- 20-29: 0.7 %
- 30-39: 1.4 %
- 40-49: 9.79 %
- 50-59: 11.19 %
- 60+: 74.83 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Hypercalcaemia Of Malignancy (16 people, 8.94%)
- Multiple Myeloma (14 people, 7.82%)
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (12 people, 6.70%)
- Metastases To Bone (11 people, 6.15%)
- Deep Venous Thrombosis (11 people, 6.15%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Seroquel (41 people, 22.91%)
- Prilosec (38 people, 21.23%)
- Coumadin (37 people, 20.67%)
- Lasix (36 people, 20.11%)
- Aspirin (33 people, 18.44%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Weakness (59 people, 32.96%)
- Fall (59 people, 32.96%)
- Anaemia (43 people, 24.02%)
- Nausea And Vomiting (42 people, 23.46%)
- Confusional State (41 people, 22.91%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Dementia when taking Ativan?
Ativan has active ingredients of lorazepam. It is often used in stress and anxiety. (latest outcomes from Ativan 49,507 users)
Dementia (madness) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, high blood pressure, multiple sclerosis, depression, rheumatoid arthritis (latest reports from 19,504 Dementia patients).