Review: could Ativan cause Encephalopathy - hepatic (Hepatic encephalopathy)?
Summary: Encephalopathy - hepatic is found among people who take Ativan, especially for people who are male, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Lasix, and have Hepatic neoplasm malignant.
We study 33,058 people who have side effects while taking Ativan from FDA and social media. Among them, 38 have Encephalopathy - hepatic. Find out below who they are, when they have Encephalopathy - hepatic and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Ativan and have Encephalopathy - hepatic >>>
Ativan has active ingredients of lorazepam. It is often used in stress and anxiety. (latest outcomes from 35,231 Ativan users)
Encephalopathy - hepatic
Encephalopathy - hepatic (functioning of the brain is affected by hepatic infection) has been reported by people with hepatic neoplasm malignant, high blood pressure, hepatitis c, hiv infection, diabetes. (latest reports from 5,454 Encephalopathy - hepatic patients)
On Mar, 2, 2015: 33,055 people reported to have side effects when taking Ativan. Among them, 38 people (0.11%) have Encephalopathy - Hepatic.
Time on Ativan when people have Encephalopathy - hepatic * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Encephalopathy - hepatic||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Encephalopathy - hepatic when taking Ativan * :
|Encephalopathy - hepatic||27.78%||72.22% |
Age of people who have Encephalopathy - hepatic when taking Ativan * :
|Encephalopathy - hepatic||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||7.14%||25.00%||14.29%||39.29%||14.29% |
Severity of Encephalopathy - hepatic when taking Ativan ** :
How people recovered from Encephalopathy - hepatic ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hepatic neoplasm malignant (5 people, 13.16%)
- Pain (4 people, 10.53%)
- Bile duct cancer (3 people, 7.89%)
- Bronchitis (2 people, 5.26%)
- Insomnia (1 people, 2.63%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Lasix (16 people, 42.11%)
- Lactulose (11 people, 28.95%)
- Prilosec (10 people, 26.32%)
- Compazine (10 people, 26.32%)
- Oxycontin (9 people, 23.68%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Encephalopathy - Hepatic while taking Ativan?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Ativan and have Encephalopathy - Hepatic
- support group for people who take Ativan
- support group for people who have Encephalopathy - Hepatic
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Ativan for a 41-year old woman with Anxiety. The patient has Hair Loss
- A study of drug interactions between Claritin, Lorazepam, Pantoprazole, Metoprolol Succinate, Biotin, Zoloft, Gabapentin for a 19-year old girl with Allergy, Anxiety Disorder, Acid Reflux, Tachycardia, Keratosis Pilaris, Migraine With Aura. The patient has Blurred Vision, Double Vision, Cold Exposure - Extremities, Sweating Decreased, Sweating, Seizure - Tonic-clonic, Brain Injury, Gastroparesis, Low Blood Pressure, Dizziness, Tachycardia
- A study of drug interactions between Zoloft, Ativan, Methadone Hydrochloride, Percocet, Tizanidine Hydrochloride for a 37-year old woman with PTSD, Spinal Cord Injury Cervical, Spinal Osteoarthritis. The patient has Restlessness Aggravated, Restless Legs Syndrome, Movement - Uncontrollable, Pain - Leg, Nausea And Vomiting, Vomiting, Abdominal Pain
- A study of drug interactions between Ativan, Bupropion Hydrochloride, Latuda, Vyvanse, Zopiclone, Gabapentin, Seroquel for a 21-year old woman with Panic Attack, Depression, Bipolar Disorder, Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder, Insomnia, Anxiety Disorder, Bipolar Ii Disorder. The patient has Anxiety, Apathy, Hypomania, Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder, Tremor, Memory Impairment
- A study of drug interactions between Melatonin, Valerian, Effexor Xr, Ativan, Thorazine for a 42-year old woman with Chronic Insomnia, Insomnia, Depression Suicidal, Anxiety. The patient has Weakness, Fatigue, Lower Blood Pressure, Dry Eyes
Recent Ativan related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Abilify, Effexor, Lorazepam for a 29-year old man who has Schizophrenia, Paranoid Type
- Comparions of Ativan, Buspirone Hcl for a 39-year old woman who has Adjustment Disorder With Mixed Anxiety And Depressed Mood
- Comparions of Methscopolamine Bromide, Lorazepam, Hydromorphone Hydrochloride, Morphine for a 85-year old man who has COPD
- Comparions of Singulair, Ativan, Wellbutrin Sr, Celebrex, Claritin for a 44-year old woman who has Chronic Thyroiditis
- Comparions of Lorazepam, Triamterene And Hydrochlorothiazide for a 51-year old woman who has Anxiety Disorder
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.