Review: could Ativan cause Hair loss?
Summary: Hair loss is found among people who take Ativan, especially for people who are female, 40-49 old, also take medication Zometa, and have Eczema.
We study 33,066 people who have side effects while taking Ativan from FDA and social media. Among them, 424 have Hair loss. Find out below who they are, when they have Hair loss and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Ativan and have Hair loss >>>
Ativan has active ingredients of lorazepam. It is often used in stress and anxiety. (latest outcomes from 35,243 Ativan users)
Hair loss has been reported by people with high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis, high blood cholesterol, multiple sclerosis, depression. (latest reports from 42,762 Hair loss patients)
On Mar, 30, 2015: 33,058 people reported to have side effects when taking Ativan. Among them, 424 people (1.28%) have Hair Loss.
Time on Ativan when people have Hair loss * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Hair loss||25.00%||0.00%||25.00%||0.00%||12.50%||0.00%||37.50% |
Gender of people who have Hair loss when taking Ativan * :
|Hair loss||87.83%||12.17% |
Age of people who have Hair loss when taking Ativan * :
|Hair loss||0.27%||0.00%||0.00%||8.11%||11.35%||38.92%||20.00%||21.35% |
Severity of Hair loss when taking Ativan ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Hair loss||12.50%||37.50%||37.50%||12.50% |
How people recovered from Hair loss ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Hair loss||0.00%||14.29%||85.71% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Eczema (49 people, 11.56%)
- Anxiety (48 people, 11.32%)
- Breast cancer (39 people, 9.20%)
- Depression (29 people, 6.84%)
- Osteoporosis (24 people, 5.66%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Zometa (129 people, 30.42%)
- Aredia (87 people, 20.52%)
- Zofran (86 people, 20.28%)
- Aspirin (81 people, 19.10%)
- Percocet (79 people, 18.63%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of ativan and hair loss on
Do you have Hair Loss while taking Ativan?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Ativan and have Hair Loss
- support group for people who take Ativan
- support group for people who have Hair Loss
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Implanon for a 26-year old woman with Birth Control. The patient has Hair Loss
- A study of drug interactions between Daytrana, Lorazepam, Lexapro, Risperdal for a 27-year old woman with ADHD, Anxiety, Major Depression, Depression. The patient has Thinking Slowed, Tingling And Numbness, Memory Loss
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin E, Selenium, Lorazepam, Pantoprazole for a 67-year old woman with Circulation Problems, For Thyroid Problem, Panic Attacks, Stomach (h-pyloris).
- A study of side effects of Hydralazine Hydrochloride for a 56-year old man with High Blood Pressure. The patient has Hair Loss
- A study of drug interactions between Hydromorphone Hydrochloride, Bisacodyl, Piperine, Curcumin, Fish Oil, Ativan, Coreg, Prilosec Otc, Wellbutrin Xl, Oxycodone for a 39-year old woman with Chronic Pain, Constipation, Adjuvant For Curcumin, Depression, Inflammatory Pain, Anxiety Disorder, Atrial Tachycardia, Ulcer - Peptic, Breakthrough Pain. The patient has Tricuspid Regurgitation, Chronic Mitral Valve Regurgitation, Heart Murmurs, Ventricular Extrasystoles, Palpitations
Recent Ativan related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Mesalamine, Lorazepam for a 69-year old woman who has Mood Disorder
- Comparions of Esgic-plus, Ativan for a 56-year old woman who has Anxiety
- Comparions of Lorazepam, Clonazepam for a 31-year old man who has Been Prescribed For 10 Years
- Comparions of Flecainide Acetate, Levothyroxine Sodium, Hydrocodone Compound, Haloperidol, Ativan for a 94-year old woman who has Dementia
- Comparions of Abilify, Effexor, Lorazepam for a 29-year old man who has Schizophrenia, Paranoid Type
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.