Home > Ativan > Hair loss > Ativan and Hair loss
Review: could Ativan cause Hair loss?
We study 33,026 people who have side effects while taking Ativan from FDA and social media. Among them, 422 have Hair loss. Find out below who they are, when they have Hair loss and more.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who take Ativan and have Hair loss >>>
Ativan (latest outcomes from 35,193 users) has active ingredients of lorazepam. It is often used in stress and anxiety.
Hair loss (latest reports from 229,238 patients) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis, high blood cholesterol, multiple sclerosis, depression.
On Oct, 28, 2014: 33,005 people reported to have side effects when taking Ativan. Among them, 422 people (1.28%) have Hair Loss.
Time on Ativan when people have Hair loss * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Hair loss||33.33%||0.00%||16.67%||0.00%||16.67%||0.00%||33.33% |
Gender of people who have Hair loss when taking Ativan * :
|Hair loss||87.78%||12.22% |
Age of people who have Hair loss when taking Ativan * :
|Hair loss||0.27%||0.00%||0.00%||8.15%||11.41%||38.86%||19.84%||21.47% |
Severity of Hair loss when taking Ativan ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Hair loss||16.67%||16.67%||50.00%||16.67% |
How people recovered from Hair loss ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Hair loss||0.00%||20.00%||80.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Eczema (49 people, 11.61%)
- Anxiety (46 people, 10.90%)
- Breast cancer (39 people, 9.24%)
- Depression (29 people, 6.87%)
- Osteoporosis (24 people, 5.69%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Zometa (129 people, 30.57%)
- Aredia (87 people, 20.62%)
- Zofran (86 people, 20.38%)
- Aspirin (81 people, 19.19%)
- Percocet (79 people, 18.72%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Hair Loss while taking Ativan?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Ativan and have Hair Loss
- support group for people who take Ativan
- support group for people who have Hair Loss
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Ativan, Hair loss
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Lorazepam nearly killed me during cancer treatment
Day 31 of cold turkey and I want to die. It is a roller coaster from body tics and sweats to rage and crying in one day. I felt so good the 4h day of c/t. It was like before my cancer diagnosis. My bowels are better off Lorazepam. I threw up during bowel movements from the pain. Off Lorazepam first ...
- Double vision on levothyroxine
Diagnosed with under active thyroid in January 2011. Noticed onset of double vision in January 2014. Blurred vision and double vision worsened to such an extent that my glasses prescription has changed three times in less than 7 months. All the symptons I experience are a direct result of taking Le ...
- Sleep apnea and vertigo
Previous to Lorazepam, I was taking Mekclezine. Both makes me feel worst longer with vertigo. Usually when I fall asleep without my mouth guard, I get a serious bout of Vertigo for several days and the medications just cause more dizziness and the problem last even longer. I also find when I am u ...
More reviews for: Ativan, Hair loss
On eHealthMe, Ativan (lorazepam) is often used for stress and anxiety. Find out below the conditions Ativan is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Ativan used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
Recent related drug studies:
- A study of drug interactions between Prilosec, Ativan, Vicodin, Naprosyn, Norpramin, Metformin, Robinul, Strattera, Wellbutrin, Flexeril, Lexapro for a patient with Reflux Gastritis, Anxiety, Pain, Arthritis, Depression, Weight Gain, Sweating - Excessive, To Treat Side Effects Of Antidepressants Such As Extreme Fatigue And Inability To Focus, To Treat Weight Gain Side Effects Of Anti Depressants. The patient has Swallowing Painful, Vision Blurred, Anxiety, Oral Pain, Angular Cheilitis, Taste Disturbance, Gum Pain, Tongue Exfoliation, Tongue Irritation, Headache - Migraine Without Aura, Sweating - Excessive, Pain - Muscles, Pain - Joints, Depression, Hair Loss
- A study of drug interactions between Fish Oil, Chromium Picolinate, Progesterone, Claritin Reditabs, Armour Thyroid, Lorazepam for a patient with Short-Term Memory Loss, Exhaustion, Growth Hormone, Allergies, Hypothyroidism, Anxiety Disorder. The patient has Loss Of Hair
- A study of drug interactions between Ibuprofen, Caffeine, Tramadol, Tramadol, Magic Mushrooms, Dextromethorphan Polistirex, Nicotine, Nicotine, Alcohol, Alcohol, Diphenhydramine Hydrochloride, Cannabis, Cannabis Sativa, Cannabis, 5-Hydroxy Tryptophan, Ativan, Ativan, B Complex Vitamin, Melatonin, Spironolactone, Finasteride, Finasteride, Effexor Xr, Effexor Xr, Effexor Xr for a patient with Pain - Muscles, Listless, Generalized Anxiety Disorder, Major Depressive Disorder, Chronic Insomnia, Loss Of Appetite, Panic Attacks, Gender Identity Disorder, Hair Loss. The patient has Tinnitus, Hair Loss, Alopecia, Abnormal Dreams, Derealisation, Depersonalisation, Vasodilatation, Anorgasmia, Asthenia, Nausea, Loss Of Libido, Dissociation, Suicidal Ideation, Suicide Attempt, Apathy, Loss Of Appetite, Loss Of Appetite, Lack Of Strength, Muscle Weakness, Weakness, Orgasmic Dysfunction, Orgasmic Sensation Decreased, Bipolar Ii Disorder, Hypomania, Gender Identity Disorder, Breathing - Slowed Or Stopped, Tachycardia, Chronic Insomnia, Major Depressive Disorder, Visual Impairment, Visual Brightness, Panic Attacks, Generalized Anxiety Disorder, Major Depressive Disorder, Dizziness
More related studies for: Ativan, Hair loss
Recent Ativan related drug comparison:
More related comparison studies for: Ativan, Hair loss
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.