Home > Ativan > Ibs > Ativan and Ibs
Review: could Ativan cause Ibs (Irritable bowel syndrome)?
We study 33,005 people who have side effects while taking Ativan from FDA and social media. Among them, 103 have Ibs. Find out below who they are, when they have Ibs and more.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who take Ativan and have Ibs >>>
Ativan (latest outcomes from 35,183 users) has active ingredients of lorazepam. It is often used in stress and anxiety.
Ibs (irritable bowel syndrome -chronic abdominal pain, discomfort, bloating) (latest reports from 71,331 patients) has been reported by people with acne, osteoporosis, depression, osteopenia, high blood pressure.
On Sep, 17, 2014: 33,005 people reported to have side effects when taking Ativan. Among them, 103 people (0.31%) have Ibs.
Time on Ativan when people have Ibs * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Ibs when taking Ativan * :
Age of people who have Ibs when taking Ativan * :
Severity of Ibs when taking Ativan ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Ibs ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Anxiety (28 people, 27.18%)
- Pain (15 people, 14.56%)
- Bipolar disorder (10 people, 9.71%)
- Depression (8 people, 7.77%)
- Irritable bowel syndrome (6 people, 5.83%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Seroquel (33 people, 32.04%)
- Zoloft (32 people, 31.07%)
- Prozac (26 people, 25.24%)
- Ambien (26 people, 25.24%)
- Valium (25 people, 24.27%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Ibs while taking Ativan?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- group for people who take Ativan and have Ibs
- group for people who take Ativan
- group for people who have Ibs
Comments from related studies:
From this study (1 day ago):
I started taking garcinia cambogia to lose some weight, but three days after taking it I began to have diarreah, green stool, and awful sharp stomach pains.
From this study (3 days ago):
seems to black out standing up after bowel movements but not always.
nurse14 on Aug, 27, 2014:
Hi I am a RN and the symptoms you are describing are very dangerous!! Your heart rate is dropping so low due to pressure on the vagus nerve when you are exerting yourself during a bowel movement. Please call your doctor as soon as possible or go to the ER, as you can fall and seriously get hurt!!
From this study (5 days ago):
mostly head tremor; also right hand and right arm; the tremor begins when I rest, when Im Trying to sleep lay in bed
Post a new comment OR Read more comments
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Ativan, Ibs
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Sleep apnea and vertigo
Previous to Lorazepam, I was taking Mekclezine. Both makes me feel worst longer with vertigo. Usually when I fall asleep without my mouth guard, I get a serious bout of Vertigo for several days and the medications just cause more dizziness and the problem last even longer. I also find when I am u ...
- Valtrex 3 months systemic candida
NOTE: IF YOU TAKE VALTREX FOR WHATEVER REASON, EITHER TAKE GOOD PROBIOTICS, OR GET ON A CANDIDA DIET. A MUST. You don't want to run the risk of messing up your colon with leaky gut syndrome after the yeast has done its damage. Please read the following story.
My daughter has been autism spectru ...
- How an integrative wellness approach cured me of insomnia, ibs, and more
For 10+ years, I suffered with insomnia and a host of other problems including intestinal distress, headaches, psoriasis, anxiety, cognitive issues, hypothyroid, chronic itching, restless leg, etc. Traditional medicine, aka taking drugs, was not working to heal me. Since childhood, I’ve had IBS, h ...
More reviews for: Ativan, Ibs
On eHealthMe, Ativan (lorazepam) is often used for stress and anxiety. Find out below the conditions Ativan is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Ativan used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Sertraline, Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen, Lisinopril for a 68-year old man who has Depression, Pain, Blood Pressure Increased (60 seconds ago)
- Alendronate Sodium, Sertraline, Gabapentin, Metoprolol Tartrate for a 76-year old woman who has Bone Density Decreased, Depression, Fibromyalgia, A Fib (6 minutes ago)
- Ibuprofen, Tramadol, Prazosin Hydrochloride, Simvastatin, Cyclobenzaprine Hydrochloride, Nabumetone, Mirtazapine for a 36-year old man who has Inflammation Localised, Pain, Nightmares, Hyperlipidemia, Muscle Spasms, Pain - Bones, Depression (6 minutes ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Primary Biliary Cirrhosis
- Fibromyalgia and Hyponatraemia
- Hair Loss and Gabapentin
- Arthritis - Osteoarthritis and Keppra
Recent user comments
- "Acute onset. August LFT's normal, Mirtazapine added S ... " (7 minutes ago)
- "also prescribed levothyroxine sodium but had to take ... " (56 minutes ago)
- "also prescribed synthroid but had to take self off. b ... " (57 minutes ago)
- Atrial Fibrillation
- Linaria Vulgaris