Ativan and Ibs - from FDA reports
Ibs is found among people who take Ativan, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Seroquel, and have Gastroesophageal reflux disease. This review analyzes which people have Ibs with Ativan. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 46,976 people who have side effects when taking Ativan from FDA, and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Jul, 21, 2017
46,976 people reported to have side effects when taking Ativan.
Among them, 151 people (0.32%) have Ibs
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Ativan when people have Ibs *:
- < 1 month: 0.0 %
- 1 - 6 months: 100 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Ibs when taking Ativan *:
- female: 86.67 %
- male: 13.33 %
Age of people who have Ibs when taking Ativan *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 1.61 %
- 20-29: 12.9 %
- 30-39: 4.84 %
- 40-49: 25.81 %
- 50-59: 15.32 %
- 60+: 39.52 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (14 people, 9.27%)
- Multiple Sclerosis (8 people, 5.30%)
- High Blood Cholesterol (7 people, 4.64%)
- Birth Control (7 people, 4.64%)
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (6 people, 3.97%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Seroquel (39 people, 25.83%)
- Zoloft (37 people, 24.50%)
- Ambien (32 people, 21.19%)
- Xanax (27 people, 17.88%)
- Prozac (27 people, 17.88%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Fatigue (40 people, 26.49%)
- Nausea (39 people, 25.83%)
- Chest Pain (37 people, 24.50%)
- Back Pain (37 people, 24.50%)
- Osteoarthritis (34 people, 22.52%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Ibs when taking Ativan?
Ativan has active ingredients of lorazepam. It is often used in stress and anxiety. (latest outcomes from Ativan 49,507 users)
Ibs (irritable bowel syndrome -chronic abdominal pain, discomfort, bloating) has been reported by people with acne, osteoporosis, high blood pressure, depression, pain (latest reports from 24,571 Ibs patients).