Ativan and Irritable bowel syndrome - from FDA reports
Irritable bowel syndrome is found among people who take Ativan, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Seroquel, and have Stress and anxiety . We study 43,709 people who have side effects while taking Ativan from FDA. Among them, 142 have Irritable bowel syndrome. Find out below who they are, when they have Irritable bowel syndrome and more.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
Ativan has active ingredients of lorazepam. It is often used in stress and anxiety. (latest outcomes from Ativan 47,112 users)
Irritable Bowel Syndrome
Irritable bowel syndrome has been reported by people with acne, osteoporosis, high blood pressure, depression, multiple sclerosis (latest reports from 22,700 Irritable bowel syndrome patients).
On Jan, 23, 2017
43,709 people reported to have side effects when taking Ativan.
Among them, 142 people (0.32%) have Irritable Bowel Syndrome
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Ativan when people have Irritable Bowel Syndrome *:
- < 1 month: 0.0 %
- 1 - 6 months: 100 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Irritable Bowel Syndrome when taking Ativan *:
- female: 87.23 %
- male: 12.77 %
Age of people who have Irritable Bowel Syndrome when taking Ativan *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 1.69 %
- 20-29: 13.56 %
- 30-39: 5.08 %
- 40-49: 25.42 %
- 50-59: 15.25 %
- 60+: 38.98 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Stress And Anxiety (37 people, 26.06%)
- Pain (20 people, 14.08%)
- Depression (17 people, 11.97%)
- Gastrooesophageal Reflux Disease (13 people, 9.15%)
- Bipolar Disorder (13 people, 9.15%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Seroquel (39 people, 27.46%)
- Zoloft (35 people, 24.65%)
- Ambien (31 people, 21.83%)
- Xanax (27 people, 19.01%)
- Prozac (26 people, 18.31%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Stress And Anxiety (69 people, 48.59%)
- Depression (63 people, 44.37%)
- High Blood Pressure (55 people, 38.73%)
- Insomnia (40 people, 28.17%)
- Nausea (38 people, 26.76%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Irritable bowel syndrome when taking Ativan?
- Check symptoms - is irritable bowel syndrome caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- More tools...
Browse all side effects of Ativana b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with Irritable bowel syndromeIrritable bowel syndrome
Could your condition cause Irritable bowel syndromeIrritable bowel syndrome
Can you answer these questions?
A bad fall in 2006. Required pain management MRIS, numerous tests and a cervical and lumbar surgery in 2007 to correct. Two Rear end car accidents while I was at a stop light. One in 2011 and one in 2015. I already had spinal stenosis and degenerative disc desease genetically passed on. Problems ...
You may be interested in these reviews
Since taking ativan 2 months ago... been having crazy suicidal thoughts :( very powerful very scary very confusing! I never thought ativan could do this... my own fault for thinking that I guess.. Scared!
I suffer from IBS and Fibromyalgia and COPD and Sciatica and find that some medication like some pain killers can cause me bouts of Diarrhea I do not like taking medication so try to take very little if I can