Review: could Ativan cause Irritable bowel syndrome?
Summary: Irritable bowel syndrome is found among people who take Ativan, especially for people who are female, 40-49 old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 2 years, also take medication Seroquel, and have Stress and anxiety.
We study 33,066 people who have side effects while taking Ativan from FDA and social media. Among them, 103 have Irritable bowel syndrome. Find out below who they are, when they have Irritable bowel syndrome and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Ativan and have Irritable bowel syndrome >>>
Ativan has active ingredients of lorazepam. It is often used in stress and anxiety. (latest outcomes from 35,243 Ativan users)
Irritable bowel syndrome
Irritable bowel syndrome has been reported by people with acne, osteoporosis, depression, osteopenia, high blood pressure. (latest reports from 15,696 Irritable bowel syndrome patients)
On Mar, 29, 2015: 33,058 people reported to have side effects when taking Ativan. Among them, 104 people (0.31%) have Irritable Bowel Syndrome.
Time on Ativan when people have Irritable bowel syndrome * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Irritable bowel syndrome||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||50.00%||0.00%||0.00%||50.00% |
Gender of people who have Irritable bowel syndrome when taking Ativan * :
|Irritable bowel syndrome||88.89%||11.11% |
Age of people who have Irritable bowel syndrome when taking Ativan * :
|Irritable bowel syndrome||0.00%||0.00%||1.09%||18.48%||8.70%||27.17%||17.39%||27.17% |
Severity of Irritable bowel syndrome when taking Ativan ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Irritable bowel syndrome||0.00%||75.00%||25.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Irritable bowel syndrome ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Irritable bowel syndrome||0.00%||33.33%||66.67% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Anxiety (28 people, 26.92%)
- Pain (15 people, 14.42%)
- Bipolar disorder (11 people, 10.58%)
- Depression (8 people, 7.69%)
- Contraception (6 people, 5.77%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Seroquel (34 people, 32.69%)
- Zoloft (32 people, 30.77%)
- Ambien (26 people, 25.00%)
- Prozac (26 people, 25.00%)
- Valium (25 people, 24.04%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of ativan and irritable bowel syndrome on
Do you have Irritable Bowel Syndrome while taking Ativan?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Ativan and have Irritable Bowel Syndrome
- support group for people who take Ativan
- support group for people who have Irritable Bowel Syndrome
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Simethicone, Albuterol, Symbicort, Ritalin, Megace, Pepcid, Claritin, Morphine, Ativan, Remeron, Tarceva for a 58-year old man with Bloating, Copd, Shortness Of Breath, Stimulants, Nasal Allergies, Allergies, Genital Pain, Anxiety, Depression, Lung Cancer. The patient has Fat Tissue Increased, Depression, Nightmares
- A study of side effects of Ativan for a 80-year old man with Anxiety Disorder. The patient has Hiccups
- A study of drug interactions between Prozac, Ativan for a 69-year old woman with PTSD, Panic Attacks. The patient has Indigestion
- A study of drug interactions between Donepezil, Ativan, Enulose, Megace for a 96-year old woman with Short-Term Memory Loss, Sedation, Postoperative Constipation, Bedsore.
- A study of drug interactions between Ativan, Adderall for a 61-year old man with Insomnia, Lethargy.
Recent Ativan related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Lorazepam, Clonazepam for a 31-year old man who has Been Prescribed For 10 Years
- Comparions of Flecainide Acetate, Levothyroxine Sodium, Hydrocodone Compound, Haloperidol, Ativan for a 94-year old woman who has Dementia
- Comparions of Abilify, Effexor, Lorazepam for a 29-year old man who has Schizophrenia, Paranoid Type
- Comparions of Ativan, Buspirone Hcl for a 39-year old woman who has Adjustment Disorder With Mixed Anxiety And Depressed Mood
- Comparions of Methscopolamine Bromide, Lorazepam, Hydromorphone Hydrochloride, Morphine for a 85-year old man who has COPD
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.