Home > Ativan > Lower blood pressure > Ativan and Lower blood pressure
Review: could Ativan cause Lower blood pressure (Hypotension)?
Summary: Lower blood pressure is found among people who take Ativan, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Lasix, and have Pain.
We study 33,026 people who have side effects while taking Ativan from FDA and social media. Among them, 1,576 have Lower blood pressure. Find out below who they are, when they have Lower blood pressure and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Ativan and have Lower blood pressure >>>
Ativan (latest outcomes from 35,196 users) has active ingredients of lorazepam. It is often used in stress and anxiety.
Lower blood pressure
Lower blood pressure (abnormally low blood pressure) (latest reports from 106,762 patients) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, pain, multiple sclerosis, osteoporosis, depression.
On Nov, 28, 2014: 33,026 people reported to have side effects when taking Ativan. Among them, 1,576 people (4.77%) have Lower Blood Pressure.
Time on Ativan when people have Lower blood pressure * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Lower blood pressure||58.70%||20.65%||0.00%||1.09%||13.04%||0.00%||6.52% |
Gender of people who have Lower blood pressure when taking Ativan * :
|Lower blood pressure||58.31%||41.69% |
Age of people who have Lower blood pressure when taking Ativan * :
|Lower blood pressure||0.14%||0.42%||2.22%||3.54%||5.97%||16.11%||25.42%||46.18% |
Severity of Lower blood pressure when taking Ativan ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Lower blood pressure||50.00%||25.00%||0.00%||25.00% |
How people recovered from Lower blood pressure ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Lower blood pressure||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Pain (132 people, 8.38%)
- Multiple myeloma (122 people, 7.74%)
- Depression (102 people, 6.47%)
- Anxiety (101 people, 6.41%)
- Hypertension (96 people, 6.09%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Lasix (371 people, 23.54%)
- Aspirin (365 people, 23.16%)
- Zofran (268 people, 17.01%)
- Protonix (221 people, 14.02%)
- Decadron (205 people, 13.01%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Lower Blood Pressure while taking Ativan?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Ativan and have Lower Blood Pressure
- support group for people who take Ativan
- support group for people who have Lower Blood Pressure
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Can i take my ativan if i'm taking phenteremine? (1 answer)
(Asked by a 40 year old woman who has Anxiety, and takes Ativan)
I just started taking phenteremine and I can't sleep. I take it at 6 am
Am I able to take an Ativan at bed time?
- How to deal with low blood pressure caused by metformin
(Asked by a 75 year old man who has Low Blood Pressure, and takes Metformin)
I was on Accupril 5 mg for more than 10 years with little or no side effects. I was diagnosed with early Type 2 diabetes and the doctor prescribed Metformin 500 mg 2 tablets a day. After about 3 months, the blood pressure was too low 88 Sistolic 45 diastolic and suffered syncope.
I reduced Accupr ...
- What could be causing eye pain and headacne and bright glaring light on the right side only?
(Asked by a 66 year old man who has Occular Migraine, and takes Warfarin Sodium, Lunesta, Trental, Fosinopril Sodium, Ativan, Celexa, Simvastatin, Neurontin, Lortab, Combivent Respimat)
Senitive to light, can't spend long on computer or cell phone. Diagnosed with anklylosing spondylosis
- Have you or someone who has taken ativan, lorazepam or orfidal developed and form of cancer? esp. esophageal or stomach cancer
(Asked by a 60 year old man who has Esophageal Cancer, and takes Ativan, Lorazepam)
suspect long term prescription (years) of Lorazepam may have been causal to esophageal cancer Ativan, Lorazepam or Orfidal are all basically the same formula - please be specific in your answer
- Should a person with the history of itp take the drug meloxicam
(Asked by a 54 year old woman who takes Lithium Carbonate, Lorazepam, Simvastatin, Sumatriptan, Meloxicam)
I am the one in the books on the study of ITP. in 1976 I had my spleen removed as the result of the disease. at that time I was 16. now I am 54 and scarred that if I take any kind of blood thinner this may cause the disease to return. Should I be taking Meloxicam with it being somewhat of a blood ...
More questions for: Ativan, Lower blood pressure
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Lorazepam nearly killed me during cancer treatment
(Posted by a 66 year old woman who has Insomnia, Bowel Movement Irregularity, Withdrawal Syndrome, and takes Wellbutrin Sr, Prozac, Lorazepam)
Day 31 of cold turkey and I want to die. It is a roller coaster from body tics and sweats to rage and crying in one day. I felt so good the 4h day of c/t. It was like before my cancer diagnosis. My bowels are better off Lorazepam. I threw up during bowel movements from the pain. Off Lorazepam first ...
- Heavy sweating during sleep
(Posted by a 62 year old man who has Stent 3 Years Ago RCA, Heart Attack, Prostate Infection, Fractures Nonunion, Tachycardia, Low Blood Pressure, Sweating - Excessive, and takes Saw Palmetto Berry, Valium, Norco, Soma)
Pain killers like Tylenol 3, vicodin 20 years, Valium and Soma 12 years. Sweat heavy during sleep.
- Sleep apnea and vertigo
(Posted by a 57 year old woman who has Vertigo And Sleep Apnea, and takes Lorazepam)
Previous to Lorazepam, I was taking Mekclezine. Both makes me feel worst longer with vertigo. Usually when I fall asleep without my mouth guard, I get a serious bout of Vertigo for several days and the medications just cause more dizziness and the problem last even longer. I also find when I am u ...
- Valtrex 3 months systemic candida
(Posted by a 20 year old woman who has Systemic Candida Caused By Valtres, and takes Lorazepam, Diflucan, Valtrex)
NOTE: IF YOU TAKE VALTREX FOR WHATEVER REASON, EITHER TAKE GOOD PROBIOTICS, OR GET ON A CANDIDA DIET. A MUST. You don't want to run the risk of messing up your colon with leaky gut syndrome after the yeast has done its damage. Please read the following story.
My daughter has been autism spectru ...
- Horrible vivid nightmares
(Posted by a 67 year old woman who has Panic Attack, Makes Heart Pound, and takes Lorazepam, Lorazepam)
was prescribed lorazepam for panic attacks. it finally dawned on me at 5:15 a.m.
what was going on. every time I took this drug I had the most vivid horrible nightmare.it woke me up and could not go back to sleep. my husband got up with me and was scared for me. he is sitting up with me because I ...
More reviews for: Ativan, Lower blood pressure
- A study of side effects of Lorazepam for a patient with Post-traumatic Stress Disorder. The patient has Bleeding Time Abnormal, Stomach Pain, Pain Exacerbated
Comments: late period pregnancy symptoms off lorazapam soon as i took it 30 minutes later then had severe pain craps have not had craps since last miscarriage and lots of bright red blood severe exhaustion, and feels like last lime i miscarried.
- A study of side effects of Methamphetamine Hydrochloride for a patient with Low Blood Pressure. The patient has Lower Blood Pressure (abnormally low blood pressure)
Comments: when i use meth i used to have a high blood pressure like u would obviously have , but in the last several months i have been using and have had low blood pressure... what would be causing this new weird symptom?
- A study of drug interactions between Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen, Morphine, Fluoxetine, Bupropion Hydrochloride, Ativan for a patient with Pain, Depression, Nausea Post Chemotherapy. The patient has
Comments: Given Ativan during all phases of triple negative inflammatory breast cancer treatment. Given with chemo, before surgery, before scopings, and for home use. Other than what the hospital and cancer center gave to me during treatment. Took 1-2 mg/night for nearly two years. Had nearly every side effec ...
- A study of drug interactions between Prozac, Ativan for a patient with Major Depressive Disorder, Anxiety Disorder. The patient has Anxiety, Apprehension, Feeling Uptight, Jitters, Stress, Stress And Anxiety, Tension, Backache, Sexual Dysfunction, Depression Suicidal, Restlessness Aggravated
Comments: I was on abilify along with these meds at first, and started right away on 40 mg of prozac, but lowered it to 20, because of feeling really sick and weird, same with the abilify. but now i am still feeling sick, confused, and extremely depressed/anxious. just maybe a bit less.
- A study of drug interactions between Pentazocine Injection, Lidocaine Hydrochloride, Ibuprofen, Losartan, Aspirin, Buspirone Hydrochloride, Levothyroxine Thyroid, Metoprolol Tartrate, Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen for a patient with Motor Dysfunction, Pain, Swelling Of A Joint, Blood Pressure Fluctuation, Heart Block Congenital, Anxiety Disorder, Thyroid Mass, High Blood Pressure. The patient has Pain In Right Arm, Pain Exacerbated, Nausea, Hypothyroidic Goitre, Urinary Frequency Or Urgency, Decreased Appetite, Blood Test Abnormal, Heartbeat Sensations, Low Blood Pressure, Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness, Weakness, Back Pain - Low, Neck, Shoulder And Arm Syndrome, Headache - Migraine With Aura
Comments: Thyroid blood work 639 now on synthetic thyroid medication but blood pressure is dropping lower as time is passing. I have severe headaches and migraines. My lower right back is hurting bad. Hydrocodone edges not even help the pain. They saw my thyroid enlarged in cat scan . I am going for a son ...
More related studies for: Ativan, Lower blood pressure
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.