Home > Ativan > Palpitations > Ativan and Palpitations
Review: could Ativan cause Palpitations (Heart palpitations)?
We study 33,026 people who have side effects while taking Ativan from FDA and social media. Among them, 736 have Palpitations. Find out below who they are, when they have Palpitations and more.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who take Ativan and have Palpitations >>>
Ativan (latest outcomes from 35,193 users) has active ingredients of lorazepam. It is often used in stress and anxiety.
Palpitations (feelings or sensations that your heart is pounding or racing) (latest reports from 315,935 patients) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, depression, osteoporosis, high blood cholesterol, pain.
On Oct, 28, 2014: 33,005 people reported to have side effects when taking Ativan. Among them, 737 people (2.23%) have Palpitations.
Time on Ativan when people have Palpitations * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Palpitations when taking Ativan * :
Age of people who have Palpitations when taking Ativan * :
Severity of Palpitations when taking Ativan ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Palpitations ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Anxiety (136 people, 18.45%)
- Depression (49 people, 6.65%)
- Pain (43 people, 5.83%)
- Osteoporosis (39 people, 5.29%)
- Sleep disorder (32 people, 4.34%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (147 people, 19.95%)
- Ambien (111 people, 15.06%)
- Xanax (93 people, 12.62%)
- Neurontin (93 people, 12.62%)
- Lasix (91 people, 12.35%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Palpitations while taking Ativan?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Ativan and have Palpitations
- support group for people who take Ativan
- support group for people who have Palpitations
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Ativan, Palpitations
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Lorazepam nearly killed me during cancer treatment
Day 31 of cold turkey and I want to die. It is a roller coaster from body tics and sweats to rage and crying in one day. I felt so good the 4h day of c/t. It was like before my cancer diagnosis. My bowels are better off Lorazepam. I threw up during bowel movements from the pain. Off Lorazepam first ...
- Palpitations when eating raw garlic
After symptoms of a cold, I've been drinking the famous "garlic honey lemon" mixture to try to get rid of the cold and it actually worked pretty well.
The first morning it didn't feel very nice to drink but I was ok.
From day 2, I started to feel heartburn and heart palpitations, with a sort of he ...
- Sleep apnea and vertigo
Previous to Lorazepam, I was taking Mekclezine. Both makes me feel worst longer with vertigo. Usually when I fall asleep without my mouth guard, I get a serious bout of Vertigo for several days and the medications just cause more dizziness and the problem last even longer. I also find when I am u ...
More reviews for: Ativan, Palpitations
On eHealthMe, Ativan (lorazepam) is often used for stress and anxiety. Find out below the conditions Ativan is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Ativan used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
Recent related drug studies:
- A study of side effects of Lorazepam for a patient with Panic Disorder. The patient has Heart Palpitations (feelings or sensations that your heart is pounding or racing)
- A study of drug interactions between Lorazepam, ASA, Glucosamine And Chondroitin Sulfate And MSM, Vitamin D, Omega-9 Fatty Acids, Omega 6, Omega-3, Calcium Magnesium Inositol Hexaphosphate, Multivitamin, CoQ10, Diltiazem Hydrochloride, Atenolol, Atorvastatin Calcium, Lisinopril, Nexium for a patient with Anxiety, Jet Lag, Healthy Living, Health, Osteopenia, General Physical Condition, Blood Pressure Increased, High Blood Cholesterol, Gerd. The patient has Heart Palpitations
More related studies for: Ativan, Palpitations
Recent Ativan related drug comparison:
More related comparison studies for: Ativan, Palpitations
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Ibuprofen, Vitamin B12, Atorvastatin Calcium, Vitamin D, Levothyroxine Sodium, Fioricet, Dexilant, Prozac for a 68-year old woman who has Bone And Joint Pain, Fatigue, High Blood Cholesterol, Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness, Thyroid Disorder, Migraine, GERD, Depression (1 hour ago)
- Vitamin D for a 26-year old woman who has Vitamin D Deficiency (1 hour ago)
- Alprazolam for a 45-year old woman who has Initial Insomnia (1 hour ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Atorvastatin Calcium
- Vitamin B12
- Bone And Joint Pain
Recent user comments
- "She has never had any behavior problems until 2 month ... " (4 hours ago)
- "I've taken oxybutynin for 20+ years. Some 10 years ag ... " (4 hours ago)
im not sure if l-lycine or l-arginine are re ... " (4 hours ago)
- Autoimmune Thrombocytopenia
- Cd4 Lymphocytes Decreased
- Venlafaxine Hydrochloride