Review: could Ativan cause Panic attack?
(By eHealthMe on Feb, 27, 2014)
Severity ratings: 2.8/4
On a scale of 1 to 4: 1=least, 2=moderate, 3=severe, 4=most severe
We study 32,833 people who take Ativan. Among them, 427 have Panic attack. See who they are, when they have Panic attack and more. This review is based on reports from FDA and social media, and is updated regularly.
For patients like me, how are my drugs? On eHealthMe, you can research 300 million drug outcomes from FDA and social media. We use data reported since 1977 till to date. All studies are personalized to gender and age. Start now >>>
Ativan (latest outcomes from 35,079 users) has active ingredients of lorazepam. It is often used in stress and anxiety, generalized anxiety disorder. Commonly reported side effects of Ativan include nausea, nausea aggravated, stress and anxiety, fatigue, anxiety aggravated.
Panic attack (latest reports from 117,288 patients) has been reported by people with depression, stress and anxiety, quit smoking, panic disorder, pain.
On Feb, 8, 2014: 31,726 people reported to have side effects when taking Ativan. Among them, 421 people (1.33%) have Panic Attack.
Time on Ativan when people have Panic attack * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Panic attack||14.81%||11.11%||0.00%||11.11%||44.44%||3.70%||14.81% |
Gender of people who have Panic attack when taking Ativan * :
|Panic attack||64.77%||35.23% |
Age of people who have Panic attack when taking Ativan * :
|Panic attack||0.00%||0.00%||2.52%||13.45%||21.85%||27.17%||19.61%||15.41% |
Severity of Panic attack when taking Ativan ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Panic attack||0.00%||40.00%||40.00%||20.00% |
How people recovered from Panic attack ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Panic attack||0.00%||100.00%||0.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Anxiety (112 people, 26.60%)
- Depression (63 people, 14.96%)
- Pain (51 people, 12.11%)
- Panic attack (36 people, 8.55%)
- Smoking cessation therapy (28 people, 6.65%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Xanax (121 people, 28.74%)
- Seroquel (96 people, 22.80%)
- Ambien (74 people, 17.58%)
- Celexa (69 people, 16.39%)
- Neurontin (67 people, 15.91%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related topic: Ativan, Panic attack
You can also:
On eHealthMe, Ativan (lorazepam) is often used for stress and anxiety. Find out below the conditions Ativan is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Ativan used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Browse Ativan side effects from A to Z:
Browse Ativan drug interactions with drugs from A to Z:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
Comments from related studies:
From this study (3 weeks ago):
panic attacks are first thing in the morning,with a feeling of floating and unsteadiness
From this study (2 months ago):
I have had severe panic attacks, Since December 24th I have had 9 attacks.
From this study (6 months ago):
due to the above drugs mentioned along with associated symptoms . it is noted the at I have a pineal brain cyst 6mm in size. not advancing. the guess that I was born with it. however, after talking to the skull base organization action out in Los Angeles.
a major car accident in June 14th was reported as 'unknown cause possible seizure. I'm ask in more in depth testing
Post a new comment OR Read more comments
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
- Has anyone had negative experiences with simvastin or with omerprazole?
I have been diagnosed as having diabetes but at this point I am not taking any meds for it, my numbers are excellent. I was not on a cholestral or blood pressure med until I was diagnosed with diabetes.
- What medications cause hair loss
Been experiencing hair loss for several months and the loss has increased the last couple of months. My doctor ran thyroid test and it was normal. The loss has been gradual and it is not breaking off, but coming out at the root.
- Will ativan make tinnitus worse?
I have tinnitus and need to know if i take ativan will it make tinnitus worse? Tinnitus is ringing in the ears. thank you.
More questions for: Ativan, Panic attack
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- 91 year old when awaken in morning confused
91 year old with emphysema. Uses Nebulizer 3x daily, oxygen, zocor, levothyroid wakes up in morning increasingly confused. Clears during day.
- Fibromyalgia & related health issues
Fibromyalgia dx after pregnancy of only child at 42/other dx followed and seem to be in conjunction. heart issues did not appear until after the use of fibro meds- cymbalta, lyrica, neurontin, and more. had 1 seizure believed to be related to seretonin syndrome/years and years of mistreatment by doc ...
- Understanding and living with cancer
After having one treatment of Gemzar, I had a sever reaction, which caused me to have many seizures. This caused me to developed PRES, which in turn has caused me to have brain damage.When I came out of my induced coma I did not know where I was, nor did I know who my family members were. I could no ...
More reviews for: Ativan, Panic attack
Recent related drug studies:
- A study of drug interactions between Ativan, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride for a patient with Panic Attack. The patient has Panic Attack (Panic disorder), Tunnel Vision, Heart Pounding Or Racing (Heart palpitations)
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin D, Ambien, Levothyroxine Sodium, Furosemide, Xarelto, Meloxicam, Lyrica, Tramadol, Seroquel, Pristiq, Lamictal, Lorazepam, Vyvanse for a patient with Deficiency Anaemia Nos, Insomnia, Thyroiditis Chronic, Urinary Hesitation, Pulmonary Embolism, Myofascial Pain Syndrome, Polyarthralgia, Bipolar 2, Unipolar Depression, Seizure - Temporal Lobe, Panic Attack, Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder. The patient has Ptsd (Post-traumatic stress disorder), Borderline Personality Disorder, Body Dysmorphic Disorder (Somatoform pain disorder), Body Temperature Fluctuation, Fever, Developmental Coordination Disorder Nos, Insomnia Exacerbated, Short-term Memory Loss (Memory loss), Panic Disorder, Anxiety Disorder (Generalized anxiety disorder), Weight Increased, Confusion, Drug-induced Tremor, Fatigue Aggravated, Frequent Headaches (Headache)
- A study of drug interactions between Prozac, Lithium Carbonate, Lorazepam for a patient with Depression, Mood Disorder, Anxiety. The patient has Reglan, Agitation, Panic Disorder, Anxiety (Stress and anxiety), Muscle Spasms
More related studies for: Ativan, Panic attack
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.