Review: could Ativan cause Panic attack (Panic disorder)?
Summary: Panic attack is found among people who take Ativan, especially for people who are female, 40-49 old, have been taking the drug for 2 - 5 years, also take medication Xanax, and have Stress and anxiety.
We study 33,028 people who have side effects while taking Ativan from FDA and social media. Among them, 444 have Panic attack. Find out below who they are, when they have Panic attack and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Ativan and have Panic attack >>>
Ativan has active ingredients of lorazepam. It is often used in stress and anxiety. (latest outcomes from Ativan 35,203 users)
Panic attack has been reported by people with depression, stress and anxiety, quit smoking, panic disorder, pain.(latest reports from Panic attack 23,380 patients)
On Dec, 6, 2014: 33,028 people reported to have side effects when taking Ativan. Among them, 444 people (1.34%) have Panic Attack.
Time on Ativan when people have Panic attack * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Panic attack||17.86%||10.71%||0.00%||10.71%||42.86%||3.57%||14.29% |
Gender of people who have Panic attack when taking Ativan * :
|Panic attack||65.94%||34.06% |
Age of people who have Panic attack when taking Ativan * :
|Panic attack||0.00%||0.00%||2.39%||13.03%||21.28%||28.46%||19.95%||14.89% |
Severity of Panic attack when taking Ativan ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Panic attack||16.67%||33.33%||33.33%||16.67% |
How people recovered from Panic attack ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Panic attack||0.00%||75.00%||25.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Anxiety (114 people, 25.68%)
- Depression (64 people, 14.41%)
- Pain (52 people, 11.71%)
- Panic attack (37 people, 8.33%)
- Smoking cessation therapy (28 people, 6.31%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Xanax (125 people, 28.15%)
- Seroquel (99 people, 22.30%)
- Ambien (74 people, 16.67%)
- Neurontin (71 people, 15.99%)
- Celexa (70 people, 15.77%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Panic Attack while taking Ativan?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Ativan and have Panic Attack
- support group for people who take Ativan
- support group for people who have Panic Attack
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Can i take my ativan if i'm taking phenteremine? (1 answer)
(Asked by a 40 year old woman who has Anxiety, and takes Ativan)
I just started taking phenteremine and I can't sleep. I take it at 6 am
Am I able to take an Ativan at bed time?
- Can you take iodine with sertraline ?
(Asked by a 68 year old man who has Panic Attacks, and takes Sertraline)
Can you take iodine with Sertraline ? I want to make sure that the Sertraline will still be effective
- What could be causing eye pain and headacne and bright glaring light on the right side only?
(Asked by a 66 year old man who has Occular Migraine, and takes Warfarin Sodium, Lunesta, Trental, Fosinopril Sodium, Ativan, Celexa, Simvastatin, Neurontin, Lortab, Combivent Respimat)
Senitive to light, can't spend long on computer or cell phone. Diagnosed with anklylosing spondylosis
- Have you or someone who has taken ativan, lorazepam or orfidal developed and form of cancer? esp. esophageal or stomach cancer
(Asked by a 60 year old man who has Esophageal Cancer, and takes Ativan, Lorazepam)
suspect long term prescription (years) of Lorazepam may have been causal to esophageal cancer Ativan, Lorazepam or Orfidal are all basically the same formula - please be specific in your answer
- Should a person with the history of itp take the drug meloxicam
(Asked by a 54 year old woman who takes Lithium Carbonate, Lorazepam, Simvastatin, Sumatriptan, Meloxicam)
I am the one in the books on the study of ITP. in 1976 I had my spleen removed as the result of the disease. at that time I was 16. now I am 54 and scarred that if I take any kind of blood thinner this may cause the disease to return. Should I be taking Meloxicam with it being somewhat of a blood ...
More questions for: Ativan, Panic attack
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Lorazepam nearly killed me during cancer treatment
(Posted by a 66 year old woman who has Insomnia, Bowel Movement Irregularity, Withdrawal Syndrome, and takes Wellbutrin Sr, Prozac, Lorazepam)
Day 31 of cold turkey and I want to die. It is a roller coaster from body tics and sweats to rage and crying in one day. I felt so good the 4h day of c/t. It was like before my cancer diagnosis. My bowels are better off Lorazepam. I threw up during bowel movements from the pain. Off Lorazepam first ...
- Lipitor and panic attack insomnia
(Posted by a 55 year old man who has Anxiety, Panic Attack, Insomnia, and takes Lipitor)
My doctor put me on generic lipitor my triglycerides were slightly high 158 vs 150 goal and cholesterol not bad 128/28 although my ratio is bad. After less than a week on the medicine I woke up at 3 am wide awake and unable to calm down. I had anxiety issues several years go but have been off t ...
- Sleep apnea and vertigo
(Posted by a 57 year old woman who has Vertigo And Sleep Apnea, and takes Lorazepam)
Previous to Lorazepam, I was taking Mekclezine. Both makes me feel worst longer with vertigo. Usually when I fall asleep without my mouth guard, I get a serious bout of Vertigo for several days and the medications just cause more dizziness and the problem last even longer. I also find when I am u ...
- Valtrex 3 months systemic candida
(Posted by a 20 year old woman who has Systemic Candida Caused By Valtres, and takes Lorazepam, Diflucan, Valtrex)
NOTE: IF YOU TAKE VALTREX FOR WHATEVER REASON, EITHER TAKE GOOD PROBIOTICS, OR GET ON A CANDIDA DIET. A MUST. You don't want to run the risk of messing up your colon with leaky gut syndrome after the yeast has done its damage. Please read the following story.
My daughter has been autism spectru ...
- Horrible vivid nightmares
(Posted by a 67 year old woman who has Panic Attack, Makes Heart Pound, and takes Lorazepam, Lorazepam)
was prescribed lorazepam for panic attacks. it finally dawned on me at 5:15 a.m.
what was going on. every time I took this drug I had the most vivid horrible nightmare.it woke me up and could not go back to sleep. my husband got up with me and was scared for me. he is sitting up with me because I ...
More reviews for: Ativan, Panic attack
- A study of drug interactions between Curcumin, Metoprolol Tartrate, Avapro, Protonix, Lasix, Ativan, Coumadin for a patient with Joint Stiffness, High Blood Cholesterol, Ulcer - Stomach, Swelling Of The Ankles - Feet - Legs, Anxiety, Blood Clot In The Legs. The patient has Hallucination, Visual, Dizziness
Comments: Has complained of dizziness since she has been on all her meds and has fallen several times.. Have been concerned about her dizziness and have brought it up to her Dr.'s but since all her med's can make you dizzy they don't seem to be concerned and aren't willing to change any of them. Just started ...
- A study of side effects of Ritalin for a patient with ADHD. The patient has Insomnia Related To Another Mental Condition (sleeplessness related to another mental condition), Chapped Hands (dry and cracker hands), Fear, Focus, Shivering (felling of cold), Numbness In Hands Or Feet, Cold Sweat, Compulsions (performing an act persistently and repetitively), Panic Attacks, Costochondritis (chest wall pain), Stubbornness (dark personality traits), Restless Legs Syndrome (a powerful urge to move your legs), Fear Of Crowded Places, Fear Of Public Speaking (fear to go in social), Shortness Of Breath, Anxiety, Apprehension, Feeling Uptight, Jitters, Stress, Stress And Anxiety, Tension
Comments: Hands and feet always cold, even in hot weather. Smallest toe specifically gets numb. Feeling overwhelmed in large crowds or small spaces. Overthinking and anxiety all the time. Sweating even in cold weather. Panic attacks weekly. Get scared easily, jump when a loud sudden noise appears. Can't sleep ...
- A study of side effects of Allegra-d 12 Hour for a patient with Hives. The patient has Anxiety, Panic Attacks
Comments: I have anxiety accompanied by panic attacks which started about 2 years ago. The severity of the anxiety and frequency of the panic attacks has incresed over time. I now have a panic attack nearly every day and am curious whether or not Allegra is contributing to the escalation of my symptoms.
- A study of side effects of Lorazepam for a patient with Post-traumatic Stress Disorder. The patient has Bleeding Time Abnormal, Stomach Pain, Pain Exacerbated
Comments: late period pregnancy symptoms off lorazapam soon as i took it 30 minutes later then had severe pain craps have not had craps since last miscarriage and lots of bright red blood severe exhaustion, and feels like last lime i miscarried.
- A study of drug interactions between Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen, Morphine, Fluoxetine, Bupropion Hydrochloride, Ativan for a patient with Pain, Depression, Nausea Post Chemotherapy.
Comments: Given Ativan during all phases of triple negative inflammatory breast cancer treatment. Given with chemo, before surgery, before scopings, and for home use. Other than what the hospital and cancer center gave to me during treatment. Took 1-2 mg/night for nearly two years. Had nearly every side effec ...
More related studies for: Ativan, Panic attack
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.