Review: could Ativan cause Panic attack (Panic disorder)?
Summary: Panic attack is found among people who take Ativan, especially for people who are female, 40-49 old, have been taking the drug for 2 - 5 years, also take medication Xanax, and have Stress and anxiety.
We study 33,058 people who have side effects while taking Ativan from FDA and social media. Among them, 444 have Panic attack. Find out below who they are, when they have Panic attack and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Ativan and have Panic attack >>>
Ativan has active ingredients of lorazepam. It is often used in stress and anxiety. (latest outcomes from 35,231 Ativan users)
Panic attack has been reported by people with depression, stress and anxiety, quit smoking, panic disorder, pain. (latest reports from 24,834 Panic attack patients)
On Mar, 1, 2015: 33,055 people reported to have side effects when taking Ativan. Among them, 444 people (1.34%) have Panic Attack.
Time on Ativan when people have Panic attack * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Panic attack||17.86%||10.71%||0.00%||10.71%||42.86%||3.57%||14.29% |
Gender of people who have Panic attack when taking Ativan * :
|Panic attack||65.94%||34.06% |
Age of people who have Panic attack when taking Ativan * :
|Panic attack||0.00%||0.00%||2.39%||13.03%||21.28%||28.46%||19.95%||14.89% |
Severity of Panic attack when taking Ativan ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Panic attack||16.67%||33.33%||33.33%||16.67% |
How people recovered from Panic attack ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Panic attack||0.00%||75.00%||25.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Anxiety (114 people, 25.68%)
- Depression (64 people, 14.41%)
- Pain (52 people, 11.71%)
- Panic attack (37 people, 8.33%)
- Smoking cessation therapy (28 people, 6.31%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Xanax (125 people, 28.15%)
- Seroquel (99 people, 22.30%)
- Ambien (74 people, 16.67%)
- Neurontin (71 people, 15.99%)
- Celexa (70 people, 15.77%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of ativan and panic attack on
Do you have Panic Attack while taking Ativan?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Ativan and have Panic Attack
- support group for people who take Ativan
- support group for people who have Panic attack
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Aspirin, Ativan, Lisinopril, Zoloft, Simvastatin, Janumet for a 64-year old woman with Heartburn Prevention, Insomnia, High Blood Cholesterol, Chronic Depression, Diabetes. The patient has Photosensitivity Reaction
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin D, Fludrocortisone Acetate, Gabapentin, Lorazepam, Hydrocortisone, Norco, Duloxetine Hydrochloride, Metoprolol Succinate, Levothyroxine Sodium for a 43-year old woman with C4 Level, Addison's Disease, Pain, Generalised Anxiety Disorder, Chronic Pain, Fibromyalgia, Tachycardia, Hypothyroidism. The patient has Lactation - Abnormal
- A study of drug interactions between Nuvigil, Prazosin Hydrochloride, Viagra, Vitamin D, Prednisone, Pravastatin Sodium, Lisinopril, Bystolic, Zolpidem, Vitamin C, Lexapro, Lorazepam, Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen for a 68-year old man with Tiredness, Ptsd, Erectile Dysfunction, General Physical Condition, Polymyalgia Rheumatica, High Blood Cholesterol, Blood Pressure Increased, Coronary Artery Disease, Sleep Disorder Due To General Medical Condition, Insomnia Type, Generalized Anxiety Disorder, Depression Suicidal, Anxiety Disorder, Chronic Pain. The patient has Tinnitus, Sleep Apnea, Erectile Dysfunction, Elevated Mood, Polymyalgia Rheumatica, Coronary Artery Disease, Major Depressive Disorder, Ptsd
- A study of drug interactions between Wellbutrin, Ativan, Seroquel, Lamictal, Trileptal for a 65-year old woman with Bipolar Disorder. The patient has Vertigo, Vomiting, Nausea, Ataxia, Double Vision
Recent Ativan related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.