Home > Ativan > Shortness of breath > Ativan and Shortness of breath
Review: could Ativan cause Shortness of breath (Breathing difficulty)?
Summary: Shortness of breath is found among people who take Ativan, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Zometa, and have Pain.
We study 33,026 people who have side effects while taking Ativan from FDA and social media. Among them, 2,394 have Shortness of breath. Find out below who they are, when they have Shortness of breath and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Ativan and have Shortness of breath >>>
Ativan (latest outcomes from 35,196 users) has active ingredients of lorazepam. It is often used in stress and anxiety.
Shortness of breath
Shortness of breath (latest reports from 164,498 patients) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, asthma, rheumatoid arthritis, pain, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease.
On Nov, 25, 2014: 33,026 people reported to have side effects when taking Ativan. Among them, 2,394 people (7.25%) have Shortness Of Breath.
Time on Ativan when people have Shortness of breath * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Shortness of breath||25.00%||51.19%||0.00%||5.95%||9.52%||0.00%||8.33% |
Gender of people who have Shortness of breath when taking Ativan * :
|Shortness of breath||63.62%||36.38% |
Age of people who have Shortness of breath when taking Ativan * :
|Shortness of breath||0.05%||0.09%||0.82%||3.98%||10.85%||19.96%||26.37%||37.87% |
Severity of Shortness of breath when taking Ativan ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Shortness of breath||14.29%||42.86%||14.29%||28.57% |
How people recovered from Shortness of breath ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Shortness of breath||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Pain (301 people, 12.57%)
- Anxiety (283 people, 11.82%)
- Depression (226 people, 9.44%)
- Multiple myeloma (203 people, 8.48%)
- Hypertension (139 people, 5.81%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Zometa (552 people, 23.06%)
- Aspirin (522 people, 21.80%)
- Ambien (426 people, 17.79%)
- Aredia (403 people, 16.83%)
- Lasix (394 people, 16.46%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Shortness Of Breath while taking Ativan?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Ativan and have Shortness Of Breath
- support group for people who take Ativan
- support group for people who have Shortness Of Breath
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Can i take my ativan if i'm taking phenteremine?
(Asked by a 40 year old woman who has Anxiety, and takes Ativan)
I just started taking phenteremine and I can't sleep. I take it at 6 am
Am I able to take an Ativan at bed time?
- What could be causing eye pain and headacne and bright glaring light on the right side only?
(Asked by a 66 year old man who has Occular Migraine, and takes Warfarin Sodium, Lunesta, Trental, Fosinopril Sodium, Ativan, Celexa, Simvastatin, Neurontin, Lortab, Combivent Respimat)
Senitive to light, can't spend long on computer or cell phone. Diagnosed with anklylosing spondylosis
- I have been taking iophen cnr liquid for about 6 years now almost every day and now i'm wondering if it has any long term side effects cause im taking it for breathing problems doesnt seem to working
(Asked by a 21 year old woman who has Breathing Difficulty)
Ok so I've been taking this medicine for 5 to 6 years now almost every day several times a day for a terrible cough I have and breathing issue but under some further investigation I've found that this medication may be making my breathing issues worse when I was told that it would make them better. ...
- Have you or someone who has taken ativan, lorazepam or orfidal developed and form of cancer? esp. esophageal or stomach cancer
(Asked by a 60 year old man who has Esophageal Cancer, and takes Ativan, Lorazepam)
suspect long term prescription (years) of Lorazepam may have been causal to esophageal cancer Ativan, Lorazepam or Orfidal are all basically the same formula - please be specific in your answer
- Can long term use of vicodin cause hallucinations?
(Asked by a 88 year old woman who has Shortness Of Breath, Confusion, Sleepy, and takes Vicodin)
My 87 yr Mom has taken copious amts of Vicodin for 25+ yrs for arthritis & surgery pain management. Recently, Mom said the "carpet bubbles up 3-4 ft & trips her". Are hallucinations like this a sign of serious drug abuse? Is Mom's life in danger of drug overdose?
More questions for: Ativan, Shortness of breath
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Faslodex driven hell
(Posted by a 60 year old woman who has Depression, Stamina, Breathing Difficulty, Muscle Pain, Bone And Joint Pain, Cough, and takes Faslodex)
I have metastatic breast cancer...which has spread to my bones. Needless to say...I'm not a happy camper. Faslodex was my oncologist’s drug of choice for me. I've been on it since July 28, 2014....My first month was loading dosage...and each month that has followed I receive two injections in m ...
- Lorazepam nearly killed me during cancer treatment
(Posted by a 66 year old woman who has Insomnia, Bowel Movement Irregularity, Withdrawal Syndrome, and takes Wellbutrin Sr, Prozac, Lorazepam)
Day 31 of cold turkey and I want to die. It is a roller coaster from body tics and sweats to rage and crying in one day. I felt so good the 4h day of c/t. It was like before my cancer diagnosis. My bowels are better off Lorazepam. I threw up during bowel movements from the pain. Off Lorazepam first ...
- Sleep apnea and vertigo
(Posted by a 57 year old woman who has Vertigo And Sleep Apnea, and takes Lorazepam)
Previous to Lorazepam, I was taking Mekclezine. Both makes me feel worst longer with vertigo. Usually when I fall asleep without my mouth guard, I get a serious bout of Vertigo for several days and the medications just cause more dizziness and the problem last even longer. I also find when I am u ...
- Valtrex 3 months systemic candida
(Posted by a 20 year old woman who has Systemic Candida Caused By Valtres, and takes Lorazepam, Diflucan, Valtrex)
NOTE: IF YOU TAKE VALTREX FOR WHATEVER REASON, EITHER TAKE GOOD PROBIOTICS, OR GET ON A CANDIDA DIET. A MUST. You don't want to run the risk of messing up your colon with leaky gut syndrome after the yeast has done its damage. Please read the following story.
My daughter has been autism spectru ...
- Horrible vivid nightmares
(Posted by a 67 year old woman who has Panic Attack, Makes Heart Pound, and takes Lorazepam, Lorazepam)
was prescribed lorazepam for panic attacks. it finally dawned on me at 5:15 a.m.
what was going on. every time I took this drug I had the most vivid horrible nightmare.it woke me up and could not go back to sleep. my husband got up with me and was scared for me. he is sitting up with me because I ...
More reviews for: Ativan, Shortness of breath
- A study of side effects of Ritalin for a patient with ADHD. The patient has Insomnia Related To Another Mental Condition (sleeplessness related to another mental condition), Chapped Hands (dry and cracker hands), Fear, Focus, Shivering (felling of cold), Numbness In Hands Or Feet, Cold Sweat, Compulsions (performing an act persistently and repetitively), Panic Attacks, Costochondritis (chest wall pain), Stubbornness (dark personality traits), Restless Legs Syndrome (a powerful urge to move your legs), Fear Of Crowded Places, Fear Of Public Speaking (fear to go in social), Shortness Of Breath, Anxiety, Apprehension, Feeling Uptight, Jitters, Stress, Stress And Anxiety, Tension
Comments: Hands and feet always cold, even in hot weather. Smallest toe specifically gets numb. Feeling overwhelmed in large crowds or small spaces. Overthinking and anxiety all the time. Sweating even in cold weather. Panic attacks weekly. Get scared easily, jump when a loud sudden noise appears. Can't sleep ...
- A study of side effects of Xanax for a patient with Backaches And Stress. The patient has Shortness Of Breath
Comments: I have used oxycodone, methodone, Ibuprofen, tylenol and i have symptoms of back and stomache aches, headaches, weakness, and shortness of breath. I know i have luekopenia i was told by the Dr i seen at emergency.
- A study of side effects of Ibuprofen for a patient with Musculoskeletal Discomfort. The patient has Breathlessness
Comments: i have had breathlessness for about 7 weeks now, i have had an ecg and tested for asthma and both came back normal. it all started from doing weights in the gym and the breathlessness is affecting my active life.
- A study of side effects of Lorazepam for a patient with Post-traumatic Stress Disorder. The patient has Bleeding Time Abnormal, Stomach Pain, Pain Exacerbated
Comments: late period pregnancy symptoms off lorazapam soon as i took it 30 minutes later then had severe pain craps have not had craps since last miscarriage and lots of bright red blood severe exhaustion, and feels like last lime i miscarried.
- A study of side effects of Lipitor for a patient with Coronary Artery Atherosclerosis. The patient has Shortness Of Breath
Comments: I have copd and also take symbicort and spireva for the copd. I am on Metropolol
and isosorbide and was prescribed 80 mg Lipitor daily. The stiff hear was diagnosed after the Lipitor was prescribed.
More related studies for: Ativan, Shortness of breath
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.