Atripla and Heartburn - from FDA reports
Heartburn is found among people who take Atripla, especially for people who are male, 50-59 old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Amlodipine, and have Primary pulmonary hypertension. This review analyzes which people have Heartburn with Atripla. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 4,295 people who have side effects when taking Atripla from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Oct, 21, 2017
4,295 people reported to have side effects when taking Atripla.
Among them, 17 people (0.4%) have Heartburn
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Atripla when people have Heartburn *:
- < 1 month: 50 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 50 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Heartburn when taking Atripla *:
- female: 23.53 %
- male: 76.47 %
Age of people who have Heartburn when taking Atripla *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 11.11 %
- 50-59: 66.67 %
- 60+: 22.22 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Primary Pulmonary Hypertension (3 people, 17.65%)
- Type 2 Diabetes (1 person, 5.88%)
- Hepatic Cirrhosis (1 person, 5.88%)
- Fibromyalgia (1 person, 5.88%)
- Chest Pain (1 person, 5.88%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Xifaxan (3 people, 17.65%)
- Uptravi (3 people, 17.65%)
- Remodulin (3 people, 17.65%)
- Magnesium (3 people, 17.65%)
- Amlodipine (3 people, 17.65%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Nausea And Vomiting (5 people, 29.41%)
- Nausea (4 people, 23.53%)
- Infusion Site Pain (3 people, 17.65%)
- Indigestion (3 people, 17.65%)
- Lymph Follicular Hypertrophy (2 people, 11.76%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Heartburn when taking Atripla?
- Check symptoms - is heartburn caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsHeartburn and drugs with ingredients of efavirenz; emtricitabine; tenofovir disoproxil fumarate.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeHeartburn and Atripla from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Atripla has active ingredients of efavirenz; emtricitabine; tenofovir disoproxil fumarate. It is often used in hiv infection. (latest outcomes from Atripla 4,842 users)
Heartburn has been reported by people with osteoporosis, gastroesophageal reflux disease, high blood pressure (latest reports from 144,260 Heartburn patients).
Browse all side effects of Atriplaa b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with HeartburnHeartburn
Could your condition cause HeartburnHeartburn
What would happen?
Questions to the study
Been take atripla for 10 yrs. After moving fom Florida to Texas 7 yrs ago I have had gradual loss of appetite. Now 7 yrs later I'm noticing the problem....what to do, atripla has had me undetectable for ten years don't really want to switch meds, don't know if it's the meds or move?
User reviews to the study
I had taken antibiotic containing Amoxicyllin (2 times 3 days) in July 2016 for a Throat infection. I started having GERD symptoms from Oct-Nov 2016. Learnt from various forums that Amoxicyllin can cause GERD, hence wanted to know more on how to recover from it and want to know success stories.
Just to say since taking Nortriptyline I have had severe acid reflux and indigestion I tried Nexium but I had to stop taking them because of side effects and when I did stop it became a nightmare with rebound acid reflux so I now take gaviscon double action chewable tablets. I took nortriptyline ...
Age 65, have IBS-C with GERD since 1982. Now that I have serious pain issues and vicodin was reformulated into garbage, I am being told to take dilaudid which is causing the IBS to worsen, especially the GERD as I can control the constipation with Miralax and fiber.