Home > Atripla > Lipodystrophy acquired > Atripla and Lipodystrophy acquired
Review: could Atripla cause Lipodystrophy acquired?
We study 1,592 people who have side effects while taking Atripla from FDA and social media. Find out below who they are, when they have Lipodystrophy acquired and more.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who take Atripla and have Lipodystrophy acquired >>>
Atripla (latest outcomes from 1,909 users) has active ingredients of efavirenz; emtricitabine; tenofovir disoproxil fumarate. It is often used in hiv infection.
Lipodystrophy acquired (a regional loss of subcutaneous adipose tissue which usually starts in the face, extends downward acquired) (latest reports from 6,380 patients) has been reported by people with hiv infection, acquired immunodeficiency syndrome, antiretroviral therapy, diabetes, osteoporosis.
On Sep, 21, 2014: 1,588 people reported to have side effects when taking Atripla. Among them, 1 people (0.06%) has Lipodystrophy Acquired.
Time on Atripla when people have Lipodystrophy acquired * :
Gender of people who have Lipodystrophy acquired when taking Atripla * :
|Lipodystrophy acquired||100.00%||0.00% |
Age of people who have Lipodystrophy acquired when taking Atripla * :
Severity of Lipodystrophy acquired when taking Atripla ** :
How people recovered from Lipodystrophy acquired ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Pain (1 people, 100.00%)
- Gastrooesophageal reflux disease (1 people, 100.00%)
- Depression (1 people, 100.00%)
- Hypertension (1 people, 100.00%)
- Hiv infection (1 people, 100.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Tylox (1 people, 100.00%)
- Paracetamol (1 people, 100.00%)
- Omeprazole (1 people, 100.00%)
- Pantoprazole (1 people, 100.00%)
- Truvada (1 people, 100.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Lipodystrophy Acquired while taking Atripla?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- group for people who take Atripla and have Lipodystrophy Acquired
- group for people who take Atripla
- group for people who have Lipodystrophy Acquired
Comments from related studies:
From this study (7 days ago):
no painful urination, recent urine specimen revealed protein in urine (sign of infection?). I had a urinary tract infection, it was treated & resolved (to my knowledge). I don't drink alcohol, at all, or smoke. I do not take any OTC meds.
From this study (1 month ago):
I was prescribed tenofovir since 2006 in many of the combination medications for hIV treatment. doctors did not inform me of the risks. In May of 2014 I was diagnosed with CKD 3. Tis wen un checks all theses years. I was taken off Atripla "to see if my leg pain would go away" and restarted 3 months later on Complera and within days I started suffering from full body pain. The doctors insisted i stay on the medication. Then i was prescribed Stribild in 2013 and my GFR declined to 36. No doctor has yet to warm me of any side effects even when i ask they say there are no side effects. How can someone go to a doctor 6 times a year and have blood drawn 6 times or more a year and they not know you have a kidney problem.? No attorney will take my case.
Post a new comment OR Read more comments
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
- Tomo atripla hace año y medio puedo tomar espirulina o clorofila liquida?
'm taking atripla since February 2013 my cd4 is 590 hp and is undetectable I want to know if my power combo can take spirulina tablets and / or liquid chlorophyll because I read that help strengthen the immune system and provide vitamins that are affected by HIV. in short there is any likelihood tha ...
- Tomo atripla hace año y medio puedo tomar espirulina o clorofila liquida???
estoy tomando atripla desde febrero de 2013 mi cd4 es de 590 y cv es indetectable me interesa saber si combinado a mi alimentación puedo tomar comprimidos de alga espirulina y/o clorofila liquida ya que he leído que ayudan a reforzar el sistema inmunológico y aportan vitaminas que son afectadas p ...
- May i take viagra while taking atripla?
I have been taking duovir 6 months now and my doc decided to change me to atripla, I will start taking it today. May I take viagra while in atripla treatment? If yes what should be the safe viagra dose and how often should I take?
More questions for: Atripla, Lipodystrophy acquired
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Atripla burning sensation in throat
When I take Atripla and inadvertently chew it or hold it in my mouth too long so that the enteric coating dissolves, it causes a noticeable burning sensation in my throat when I swallow it. The sensation lasts for an hour or so before fading away.
More reviews for: Atripla, Lipodystrophy acquired
On eHealthMe, Atripla (efavirenz; emtricitabine; tenofovir disoproxil fumarate) is often used for hiv infection. Find out below the conditions Atripla is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Atripla used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Bactrim for a 58-year old man who has UTI (5 minutes ago)
- Vitamin D, Folic Acid, B Complex Vitamin, Acyclovir, Imuran, Mestinon for a 31-year old woman who has AAT Deficiency, Myasthenia Gravis, Vitamin B-1 Deficiency, Oral Herpes (29 minutes ago)
- Aloe Vera, Alpha - Lipoic Acid, Cod Liver Oil, Magnesium, Zinc Sulfate, Vitamin C, Omega-3 Fatty Acid, Soya, Oil Of Evening Primrose, Vitamin E, Cymbalta, Gabapentin, Co-codamol for a 54-year old woman who has Enzyme Supplementation, Neuropathy - Peripheral, Arthritis - Osteoarthritis, Vanadyl Sulphate, PMS (42 minutes ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Blister and Gabapentin
- Urinary Tract Infection and Micardis
- Atrial Flutter and Multiple Sclerosis
- Esophageal Spasm and Dystonia
Recent user comments
- "I feel as if I have a lump in my throat, as if someth ... " (42 minutes ago)
- "Took Nexium for one week. After four days started bre ... " (3 hours ago)
- "he was fine till he took prednizone 10 days died the ... " (3 hours ago)
- Ill Defined Disorder
- Adderall Xr 25
- Post Polio Syndrome