Home > Atripla > Lipodystrophy acquired > Atripla and Lipodystrophy acquired
Review: could Atripla cause Lipodystrophy acquired?
Summary: Lipodystrophy acquired is reported only by a few people who take Atripla.
We study 1,593 people who have side effects while taking Atripla from FDA and social media. Find out below who they are, when they have Lipodystrophy acquired and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Atripla and have Lipodystrophy acquired >>>
Atripla (latest outcomes from 1,910 users) has active ingredients of efavirenz; emtricitabine; tenofovir disoproxil fumarate. It is often used in hiv infection.
Lipodystrophy acquired (a regional loss of subcutaneous adipose tissue which usually starts in the face, extends downward acquired) (latest reports from 1,507 patients) has been reported by people with hiv infection, acquired immunodeficiency syndrome, antiretroviral therapy, diabetes, osteoporosis.
On Nov, 28, 2014: 1,593 people reported to have side effects when taking Atripla. Among them, 1 people (0.06%) has Lipodystrophy Acquired.
Time on Atripla when people have Lipodystrophy acquired * :
Gender of people who have Lipodystrophy acquired when taking Atripla * :
|Lipodystrophy acquired||100.00%||0.00% |
Age of people who have Lipodystrophy acquired when taking Atripla * :
Severity of Lipodystrophy acquired when taking Atripla ** :
How people recovered from Lipodystrophy acquired ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Pain (1 people, 100.00%)
- Gastrooesophageal reflux disease (1 people, 100.00%)
- Depression (1 people, 100.00%)
- Hypertension (1 people, 100.00%)
- Hiv infection (1 people, 100.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Tylox (1 people, 100.00%)
- Paracetamol (1 people, 100.00%)
- Omeprazole (1 people, 100.00%)
- Pantoprazole (1 people, 100.00%)
- Truvada (1 people, 100.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Lipodystrophy Acquired while taking Atripla?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Atripla and have Lipodystrophy Acquired
- support group for people who take Atripla
- support group for people who have Lipodystrophy Acquired
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Tomo atripla hace año y medio puedo tomar espirulina o clorofila liquida?
(Asked by a 27 year old man who takes Atripla)
'm taking atripla since February 2013 my cd4 is 590 hp and is undetectable I want to know if my power combo can take spirulina tablets and / or liquid chlorophyll because I read that help strengthen the immune system and provide vitamins that are affected by HIV. in short there is any likelihood tha ...
- Tomo atripla hace año y medio puedo tomar espirulina o clorofila liquida???
(Asked by a 27 year old man who takes Atripla)
estoy tomando atripla desde febrero de 2013 mi cd4 es de 590 y cv es indetectable me interesa saber si combinado a mi alimentación puedo tomar comprimidos de alga espirulina y/o clorofila liquida ya que he leído que ayudan a reforzar el sistema inmunológico y aportan vitaminas que son afectadas p ...
- May i take viagra while taking atripla?
(Asked by a 48 year old man who has Erectile Disfunction, and takes Atripla)
I have been taking duovir 6 months now and my doc decided to change me to atripla, I will start taking it today. May I take viagra while in atripla treatment? If yes what should be the safe viagra dose and how often should I take?
- Can u take both efavirenz and raltegravir everyday for hiv infection?
(Asked by a 55 year old man who has Hiv Infection, and takes Efavirenz; Emtricitabine; Tenofovir Disoproxil Fumarate)
i am wondering how good is to reduce viral load and increase cd4 count if the hiv patient swallows or intakes a pill of efavirenz and a pill of raltegravir everyday? This is something i havent found any information in many hiv data pages i have checked. Does anybody know if this combo of Efavirenz + ...
- I'm on atripla and bactrim can i take adipex for weight loss or what could i take for weight loss that want interfere with the atripla?
(Asked by a 36 year old woman who has AIDS, and takes Atripla )
I'm trying to lose weight and I'm on Atripla and Bactrim I want to go to a perfessional weight loss clinic for Adipex. Would Adipex hurt me or interfere with Atripla or would could someone suggest. Thank-you
More questions for: Atripla, Lipodystrophy acquired
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Atripla burning sensation in throat
(Posted by a 52 year old man who has Throat Burning Sensation, and takes Atripla)
When I take Atripla and inadvertently chew it or hold it in my mouth too long so that the enteric coating dissolves, it causes a noticeable burning sensation in my throat when I swallow it. The sensation lasts for an hour or so before fading away.
More reviews for: Atripla, Lipodystrophy acquired
- A study of side effects of Atripla for a patient with HIV. The patient has Flank Pain (a distressing sensation experienced around the lower back and the upper abdomen)
Comments: no painful urination, recent urine specimen revealed protein in urine (sign of infection?). I had a urinary tract infection, it was treated & resolved (to my knowledge). I don't drink alcohol, at all, or smoke. I do not take any OTC meds.
- A study of drug interactions between Complera, Efavirenz; Emtricitabine; Tenofovir Disoproxil Fumarate, Lamivudine; Tenofovir Disoproxil Fumarate, Efavirenz/lamivudine/tenofovir Disoproxil Fumarate for a patient with Myositis, Chronic Kidney Disease. The patient has Myositis, Neuropathy, Chronic Pain, Chronic Kidney Disease
Comments: I was prescribed tenofovir since 2006 in many of the combination medications for hIV treatment. doctors did not inform me of the risks. In May of 2014 I was diagnosed with CKD 3. Tis wen un checks all theses years. I was taken off Atripla "to see if my leg pain would go away" and restarted 3 months ...
- A study of side effects of Efavirenz; Emtricitabine; Tenofovir Disoproxil Fumarate for a patient with Hiv Wasting Syndrome. The patient has Blister (small pocket of fluid within the upper layers of the skin caused by forceful rubbing (friction), burning, freezing, chemical exposure)
Comments: i can feel an electric sensation in my nerves and I got a headache and a blisters appeared so near where i can feel this sensation, i get a headache and i feel pain in my left eye. i dont feel pain in the blisters, is just an electric sensation.
- A study of side effects of Atripla for a patient with HIV. The patient has Abdominal Pain Lower
Comments: Ever since i started Atripla i have been suffering from a severe Abdominal pain lower and a watery discharge. Could Atripla be the cause because i have tried so many things to help me but the pain and discharge comes back in atleast 3 to 2 days.
Please help because it even gets worse when i have an ...
- A study of side effects of Atripla for a patient with HIV. The patient has
Comments: When I got tested my CD4 count was 38,I have nea bn sick..my doctor recommended I take Atripla..I'm on my 3rd month on,have had the dizzy spells $ headaches which managable..have'nt gained any weight..I wud like to find out how long b4 - gain weight $ am worried if I'd gain it in da wrong places or ...
More related studies for: Atripla, Lipodystrophy acquired
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.