Review: could Augmentin '125' cause Pancytopenia?
Summary: Pancytopenia is found among people who take Augmentin '125', especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Aredia, and have Multiple myeloma.
We study 10,459 people who have side effects while taking Augmentin '125' from FDA and social media. Among them, 334 have Pancytopenia. Find out below who they are, when they have Pancytopenia and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Augmentin '125' and have Pancytopenia >>>
Augmentin '125' has active ingredients of amoxicillin; clavulanate potassium. It is often used in infection. (latest outcomes from 10,504 Augmentin '125' users)
Pancytopenia (medical condition in which there is a reduction in the number of red and white blood cells, as well as platelets) has been reported by people with multiple myeloma, rheumatoid arthritis, high blood pressure, hepatitis c, hiv infection. (latest reports from 27,150 Pancytopenia patients)
On Apr, 28, 2015: 10,459 people reported to have side effects when taking Augmentin '125'. Among them, 334 people (3.19%) have Pancytopenia.
Time on Augmentin '125' when people have Pancytopenia * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Pancytopenia when taking Augmentin '125' * :
Age of people who have Pancytopenia when taking Augmentin '125' * :
Severity of Pancytopenia when taking Augmentin '125' ** :
How people recovered from Pancytopenia ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Multiple myeloma (97 people, 29.04%)
- Hypertension (20 people, 5.99%)
- Nausea (13 people, 3.89%)
- Prophylaxis (13 people, 3.89%)
- Metastases to bone (12 people, 3.59%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aredia (131 people, 39.22%)
- Zometa (124 people, 37.13%)
- Thalidomide (84 people, 25.15%)
- Decadron (82 people, 24.55%)
- Protonix (82 people, 24.55%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of Augmentin '125' and pancytopenia on
Do you have Pancytopenia while taking Augmentin '125'?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Augmentin '125' and have Pancytopenia
- support group for people who take Augmentin '125'
- support group for people who have Pancytopenia
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Amoxicillin And Clavulanate Potassium for a 2-year old boy with Infection - Ear. The patient has Bone And Joint Pain
- A study of drug interactions between Lisinopril And Hydrochlorothiazide, Tacrolimus, Amoxicillin And Clavulanate Potassium, Amlodipine Besylate for a 66-year old woman with Hypertension, Lichen Planus, Sinusitis. The patient has Skin Burning Sensation
- A study of drug interactions between Probiotics, Ferrous Fumarate, Multivitamin, Amoxicillin And Clavulanate Potassium, Effexor Xr, Maxalt-mlt, Ibuprofen, Estrogel, Progesterone, Veramyst, Singulair, Spiriva, Aspirin, Atenolol, Ranolazine for a 53-year old woman with Vaginal Yeast Infection, Restless Leg Syndrome, General Physical Health Deterioration, Sinusitis Bacterial, Depression Postmenopausal, Migraine Without Aura, Headache, Menopause, Allergic Sinusitis, Asthma Late Onset, Blood Cholesterol Abnormal, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Non-cardiac Chest Pain. The patient has Uti - Chronic Or Recurrent, Bacterial Rhinitis, Stress Incontinence, Tingling And Numbness, Hypoglycaemia
- A study of side effects of Amoxicillin And Clavulanate Potassium for a 26-year old man with Sinusitis. The patient has Pain - Penis
- A study of side effects of Augmentin '875' for a 29-year old woman with Sinusitis. The patient has Dry Mouth
Recent Augmentin '125' related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.