Review: could Augmentin xr cause Loose bowel movements (Diarrhea)?
Summary: Loose bowel movements is found among people who take Augmentin xr, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Vicodin, and have Sinusitis.
We study 246 people who have side effects while taking Augmentin xr from FDA and social media. Among them, 40 have Loose bowel movements. Find out below who they are, when they have Loose bowel movements and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Augmentin xr and have Loose bowel movements >>>
Augmentin Xr has active ingredients of amoxicillin; clavulanate potassium. It is often used in sinusitis. (latest outcomes from 401 Augmentin Xr users)
Loose bowel movements
Loose bowel movements (weak bowel movement) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis, pain, depression, osteoporosis. (latest reports from 139,352 Loose bowel movements patients)
On Apr, 19, 2015: 246 people reported to have side effects when taking Augmentin xr. Among them, 39 people (15.85%) have Loose Bowel Movements.
Time on Augmentin xr when people have Loose bowel movements * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Loose bowel movements||83.33%||8.33%||0.00%||4.17%||4.17%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Loose bowel movements when taking Augmentin xr * :
|Loose bowel movements||55.26%||44.74% |
Age of people who have Loose bowel movements when taking Augmentin xr * :
|Loose bowel movements||0.00%||0.00%||6.06%||0.00%||21.21%||15.15%||21.21%||36.36% |
Severity of Loose bowel movements when taking Augmentin xr ** :
How people recovered from Loose bowel movements ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Sinusitis (6 people, 15.38%)
- Infection (4 people, 10.26%)
- Acute sinusitis (3 people, 7.69%)
- Cellulitis (3 people, 7.69%)
- Ear infection (2 people, 5.13%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Vicodin (4 people, 10.26%)
- Lipitor (4 people, 10.26%)
- Prednisone (3 people, 7.69%)
- Rocephin (3 people, 7.69%)
- Ativan (2 people, 5.13%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of Augmentin xr and loose bowel movements on
Do you have Loose Bowel Movements while taking Augmentin Xr?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Augmentin xr and have Loose Bowel Movements
- support group for people who take Augmentin xr
- support group for people who have Loose Bowel Movements
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Flomax for a 63-year old man with BPH. The patient has Diarrhea
- A study of side effects of Ashwagandha for a 70-year old woman with Inflammatory Pain. The patient has Loose Bowel Movements
- A study of side effects of Tramadol for a 45-year old woman with Pain - Back. The patient has Headache - Mixed Tension Migraine, Diarrhea, Blood Pressure Diastolic Increased
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin E, Vitamin C, Aloe, Toprol-xl, Synthroid for a 80-year old woman with General Health, Heartburn, Hypertension, Hypothyroidism. The patient has Feeling Cold, Frequent Bowel Movements, Lightheadedness - Fainting, Tingling Of Head And Body
- A study of side effects of Amoxicillin And Clavulanate Potassium for a 26-year old man with Sinusitis. The patient has Pain - Penis
Recent Augmentin xr related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.