Augmentin '125' and Pancytopenia - from FDA reports
Pancytopenia is found among people who take Augmentin '125', especially for people who are male, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Aredia, and have Multiple myeloma. This review analyzes which people have Pancytopenia with Augmentin '125'. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 10,373 people who have side effects when taking Augmentin '125' from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Sep, 28, 2017
10,373 people reported to have side effects when taking Augmentin '125'.
Among them, 325 people (3.13%) have Pancytopenia
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Augmentin '125' when people have Pancytopenia *:
- < 1 month: 97.33 %
- 1 - 6 months: 2.67 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Pancytopenia when taking Augmentin '125' *:
- female: 39.68 %
- male: 60.32 %
Age of people who have Pancytopenia when taking Augmentin '125' *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 2.05 %
- 10-19: 3.75 %
- 20-29: 2.39 %
- 30-39: 1.71 %
- 40-49: 11.6 %
- 50-59: 22.53 %
- 60+: 55.97 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Multiple Myeloma (96 people, 29.54%)
- High Blood Pressure (21 people, 6.46%)
- Metastases To Bone (12 people, 3.69%)
- Preventive Health Care (11 people, 3.38%)
- Nausea (11 people, 3.38%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Aredia (132 people, 40.62%)
- Zometa (125 people, 38.46%)
- Decadron (83 people, 25.54%)
- Protonix (81 people, 24.92%)
- Prednisone (78 people, 24.00%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Osteonecrosis Of Jaw (141 people, 43.38%)
- Pain (131 people, 40.31%)
- Stress And Anxiety (127 people, 39.08%)
- Pneumonia (125 people, 38.46%)
- Fever (124 people, 38.15%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Pancytopenia when taking Augmentin '125'?
- Check symptoms - is pancytopenia caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsPancytopenia and drugs with ingredients of amoxicillin; clavulanate potassium.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMePancytopenia and Augmentin '125' from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Augmentin '125' has active ingredients of amoxicillin; clavulanate potassium. It is often used in sinusitis. (latest outcomes from Augmentin '125' 10,452 users)
Pancytopenia (medical condition in which there is a reduction in the number of red and white blood cells, as well as platelets) has been reported by people with multiple myeloma, rheumatoid arthritis, high blood pressure, preventive health care, hepatitis c (latest reports from 39,208 Pancytopenia patients).
Browse all side effects of Augmentin '125'a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with PancytopeniaPancytopenia
Could your condition cause PancytopeniaPancytopenia
What would happen?
Questions to the study
My name is Jeff and I have had Congenital Neutropenia my whole life. In the last year, I have been diagnosed with Hypothyroidism and started on a synthetic replacement. A couple of months ago I had severe abdominal pain that led me to the Emergency room. They did a bunch of labs and found ...
User reviews to the study
this is reg my father in law who underwent bypass surgery and liver lobectomy(suspected hepato cellular carcinoma grade III). two yours taking medication including aspirin for the cardiac and diabetes problems. (no chemotherapy). now experience severe pancytopenia where platelet count is 6000, ...
I have a mild increase in pancytopenia since using semi+permanent hair dye especially thrombocytopenia. I have this dye every 5 weeks which is a blond color. I have not yet tried stopping it to see if the counts increase. I had a very mild thrombocytopenia dating back many years prior to using ...