Home > Augmentin > Pruritus > Augmentin and Pruritus
Review: could Augmentin cause Pruritus (Itching)?
We study 18,836 people who have side effects while taking Augmentin from FDA and social media. Among them, 1,072 have Pruritus. Find out below who they are, when they have Pruritus and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Augmentin and have Pruritus >>>
Augmentin (latest outcomes from 19,409 users) has active ingredients of amoxicillin; clavulanate potassium. It is often used in sinusitis.
Pruritus (severe itching of the skin) (latest reports from 546,002 patients) has been reported by people with high blood cholesterol, high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis, pain, multiple sclerosis.
On Nov, 1, 2014: 18,836 people reported to have side effects when taking Augmentin. Among them, 1,107 people (5.88%) have Pruritus.
Time on Augmentin when people have Pruritus * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Pruritus when taking Augmentin * :
Age of people who have Pruritus when taking Augmentin * :
Severity of Pruritus when taking Augmentin ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Pruritus ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Sinusitis (52 people, 4.70%)
- Bronchitis (48 people, 4.34%)
- Pain (45 people, 4.07%)
- Prophylaxis (39 people, 3.52%)
- Erysipelas (25 people, 2.26%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Augmentin '125' (666 people, 60.16%)
- Aspirin (90 people, 8.13%)
- Lasix (80 people, 7.23%)
- Nexium (71 people, 6.41%)
- Zometa (70 people, 6.32%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Pruritus while taking Augmentin?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Augmentin and have Pruritus
- support group for people who take Augmentin
- support group for people who have Pruritus
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Do the side effects of prolia either stop or lessen over the 6 month period between injections?
I am wondering if the side effects of Prolia go away or lessen during the six months it is taken for.
- Can acute pre pyloric gastritis cause hemorrhoids?
Itching,constipation, blood in stools,straining
the sensation of incomplete bowel evacuation.Burning sensation.
- Does anyone have sever itching at night
severe stinging and itching more at night and increased urination during the night. Problem falling asleep and staying asleep. Also have weird dreams and sometimes breathleness
- Can i take augmentin with tegretol?
I have epilepsy and I am taking Tregretol 200mg & tropirol. I want to know taking augmentin is good for with these tablets. I have to take augmentin for sneeze.
- How to overcome sleep disorder fr sjs ?
My husband is recovering fr sjs and is facing sleep disorder since one month ago. Pls help us..
- Do you have sacroiliitis and ibs
After a course of Augmentin antibiotics, I started having severe symptoms of IBS. It has continued for 2 years. I have also suffered from chronic sacroiliitis for almost 2 years. Can the 2 conditions be connected?
- I was diagnosed with low risk prostate cancer 6 years ago, and food allergies 4 years ago. i was told that with cancer, i should not be taking claritin.
I have severe itching and forever scratching myself. I take Claritin to ease the itchiness. Since I also have prostate cancer, I was told that I should not be taking an antishistamine because it would cause cancer to spread. Any comments on that?
- I cut 1/3 of my oxycontin sr 15 mg pills in half, to minimize intake. any problem with that?
Keflex for skin lesions.
Oxycontin has robbed me of short-term memory, and makes me tired. The foot Edema is so bad my big shoe hits the gas and brake pedals at the same time, so I can't drive with my shoe on.
I want Resiniferatoxin to permanently kill my low back pain, but the Opiate industry ...
- Can lyrica stop itching
my doctor tells me my itching is caused by my back pain
- I suddenly have severe all over body itching and i'm seeing, in my internet research, that metformin could be the cause. can it begin suddenly after using for quite awhile?
I've been on metformin for about a year, but suddenly in the past week and a half I have intense/severe itching on various places on my body. It started on my hands/palms then my feet then all over anywhere. Itching so severe it is keeping me awake at night. Help please!
More questions for: Augmentin, Pruritus
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Rash from eating kale
I ate kale for the first time on Monday. I only had a small bowl of fresh mixed green salad, so it wasn't entirely Kale. By Tuesday, I had a small rash on my left hip. I ignored it at first. Thursday evening, I decided to eat a large kale salad with other veggies and salmon, all of which I have ...
- Double vision on levothyroxine
Diagnosed with under active thyroid in January 2011. Noticed onset of double vision in January 2014. Blurred vision and double vision worsened to such an extent that my glasses prescription has changed three times in less than 7 months. All the symptons I experience are a direct result of taking Le ...
- Bone pain localized to poison ivy rash
I am having a moderate to strong reaction to poison ivy exposure. I have a localized rash with blistering, swelling and inflammation similar to cellulitis. The rash has been progressing for about a week. The blisters are not weeping or oozing. The area is cleaned daily with neem oil soap. Coincid ...
- How an integrative wellness approach cured me of insomnia, ibs, and more
For 10+ years, I suffered with insomnia and a host of other problems including intestinal distress, headaches, psoriasis, anxiety, cognitive issues, hypothyroid, chronic itching, restless leg, etc. Traditional medicine, aka taking drugs, was not working to heal me. Since childhood, I’ve had IBS, h ...
- Dreams relaed to my antibiotics for healing of wisdom teeth extraction
I have had 2 dreams since ive been taking my antibiotics (friday 15th nov 2013)
Tge dreams havent been scary or nightmarish yet but have both involved children that I look after at my job (in a childcare center) and the children have been in danger on the edge of buildings and being taken away from ...
- Itching skin caused by taking crestor
After taking Crestor for 4 months or so, raised small spots on my forearms. More itchy evening and night, tried cortisone creams no relief. Dr though it might be due to dry skin, but on researching on the internet found this sort of information pointing to the Crestor as a possible cause. I decided ...
- Cymbalta side effects
Cymbalta was prescribed in Sep. for pain associated with a total knee replacement which was done in Feb. During a yearly physical exam in April my AST and ALT numbers were 21 and 24. After taking Cymbalta for six days in September I noticed dark urine and immediately quit the Cymbalta. Labs done thr ...
More reviews for: Augmentin, Pruritus
On eHealthMe, Augmentin (amoxicillin; clavulanate potassium) is often used for sinusitis. Find out below the conditions Augmentin is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Augmentin used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
Related drug studies for: Augmentin, Pruritus
Recent Augmentin related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Methylprednisolone, Augmentin '500' for a 25-year old woman who has Sinusitis
- Comparions of Phentermine, Augmentin for a 51-year old woman who has Sinus Infection
- Comparions of Bromhexine Hydrochloride, Ranitidine, Tramadol, Azithromycin, Amoxicillin And Clavulanate Potassium for a 57-year old man who has Parapneumonic Pulmonary Effusion
- Comparions of Augmentin '875', Sinemet for a 66-year old man who has Abscess
- Comparions of Clarithromycin, Augmentin '250' for a 32-year old woman who has Strep Throat
- Comparions of Bicillin, Amoxicillin And Clavulanate Potassium, Clindamycin Hydrochloride for a 30-year old woman who has Strep Throat
- Comparions of Levocetirizine Dihydrochloride, Metformin Hydrochloride; Repaglinide, Terbinafine Hydrochloride, Augmentin for a 28-year old man who has Bacterial Infection
- Comparions of Augmentin, Gliclazide for a 43-year old woman who has Diabetes Mellitus
- Comparions of Levaquin, Augmentin '875' for a 43-year old woman who has Pneumonia
- Comparions of Atacand, Augmentin '875' for a 52-year old woman who has Infection
More related comparison studies for: Augmentin, Pruritus
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.