Review: could Avapro cause Tinnitus?
Summary: Tinnitus is found among people who take Avapro, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 6 - 12 months, also take medication Norvasc, and have High blood pressure.
We study 11,518 people who have side effects while taking Avapro from FDA and social media. Among them, 78 have Tinnitus. Find out below who they are, when they have Tinnitus and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Avapro and have Tinnitus >>>
Avapro has active ingredients of irbesartan. It is often used in high blood pressure. (latest outcomes from 11,961 Avapro users)
Tinnitus (a ringing in the ears) has been reported by people with depression, high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol, osteoporosis, stress and anxiety. (latest reports from 20,273 Tinnitus patients)
On Apr, 11, 2015: 11,518 people reported to have side effects when taking Avapro. Among them, 78 people (0.68%) have Tinnitus.
Time on Avapro when people have Tinnitus * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Tinnitus when taking Avapro * :
Age of people who have Tinnitus when taking Avapro * :
Severity of Tinnitus when taking Avapro ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Tinnitus ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypertension (16 people, 20.51%)
- Depression (11 people, 14.10%)
- Glaucoma (6 people, 7.69%)
- Blood cholesterol increased (5 people, 6.41%)
- Thyroid disorder (5 people, 6.41%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Norvasc (16 people, 20.51%)
- Xanax (16 people, 20.51%)
- Hydrochlorothiazide (15 people, 19.23%)
- Flexeril (14 people, 17.95%)
- Zocor (12 people, 15.38%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of avapro and tinnitus on
Do you have Tinnitus while taking Avapro?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Avapro and have Tinnitus
- support group for people who take Avapro
- support group for people who have Tinnitus
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Recent Avapro related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Avapro, Olmetec for a 55-year old man who has High Blood Pressure
- Comparions of Diovan, Cozaar, Benicar, Avapro for a 62-year old woman who has High Blood Pressure
- Comparions of Cozaar, Irbesartan for a 69-year old man who has Hypertension
- Comparions of Lisinopril, Olmesartan Medoxomil, Irbesartan, Candesartan Cilexetil, Telmisartan for a 43-year old man who has Blood Pressure
- Comparions of Tenex, Avapro for a 75-year old man who has Hypertension
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.