Home > Avastin > Glaucoma > Avastin and Glaucoma
Review: could Avastin cause Glaucoma?
Summary: Glaucoma is found among people who take Avastin, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, also take medication Zometa, and have Breast cancer metastatic.
We study 23,965 people who have side effects while taking Avastin from FDA and social media. Among them, 55 have Glaucoma. Find out below who they are, when they have Glaucoma and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Avastin and have Glaucoma >>>
Avastin (latest outcomes from 24,094 users) has active ingredients of bevacizumab. It is often used in macular degeneration.
Glaucoma (increased fluid pressure in the eye with vision loss) (latest reports from 64,386 patients) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, high blood pressure, diabetes, depression, high blood cholesterol.
On Oct, 28, 2014: 23,965 people reported to have side effects when taking Avastin. Among them, 55 people (0.23%) have Glaucoma.
Time on Avastin when people have Glaucoma * :
Gender of people who have Glaucoma when taking Avastin * :
Age of people who have Glaucoma when taking Avastin * :
Severity of Glaucoma when taking Avastin ** :
How people recovered from Glaucoma ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Breast cancer metastatic (15 people, 27.27%)
- Toothache (11 people, 20.00%)
- Muscle spasms (11 people, 20.00%)
- Breast cancer (10 people, 18.18%)
- Parkinson's disease (10 people, 18.18%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Zometa (37 people, 67.27%)
- Nexium (34 people, 61.82%)
- Coumadin (33 people, 60.00%)
- Arimidex (26 people, 47.27%)
- Megace (26 people, 47.27%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Glaucoma while taking Avastin?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Avastin and have Glaucoma
- support group for people who take Avastin
- support group for people who have Glaucoma
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Is there a link between forteo and macular holes?
(Asked by a 82 year old woman who has Osteoporosis, Glaucoma, Macular Hole, and takes Forteo)
My 82 year old mother has osteoporosis and was taking Forteo for several years (stopped taking aprox. 2 1/2 years ago) She also has Glaucoma. She recently developed a macular hole and just had surgery to correct it. Is there any link between Forteo and macular holes or other vision problems? We a ...
- Can l-glutamine make controlled glaucoma worse
(Asked by a 59 year old woman who has Glaucoma, Safe To Take L-glutamine With Controlled Glaucom, and takes Travatan)
I need to know how much l-glutamine to take (powder form). I have IBS and Glaucoma (controlled by Travatan)
- Can lisinopril make open angle glaucoma worse
(Asked by a 80 year old woman who has Open Angle Glaucoma)
i take several drugs and have found out my open angle glaucoma is getting
worse, i would like to know if any of my medications cause it. thank you
- What is a safe cold medicine for someone with bph and open angle glaucoma
(Asked by a 65 year old man who has Open Angle Glaucoma, BPH, Reynaud's Phenomenon (cold Extremities), and takes Esmolol Hydrochloride)
What is a safe cold medicine to use for someone with BPH and open angle glaucoma? I don't want to make either condition worse by taking the wrong
medcine or drug.
- Will lexapro worsen glaucoma?
(Asked by a 69 year old man who has Glaucoma, and takes Lexapro)
Does Lexapro worsen glaucoma? My husband needs an anti-anxiety drug and Lexapro has just been approved to treat anxiety disorder. But he has glaucoma and most drugs make it worse. Any news?
More questions for: Avastin, Glaucoma
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Jaw pain with avastin
(Posted by a 45 year old woman who has Colon Cancer Metastatic, and takes Avastin)
My sister is currently taking Avastin and after each treatment she has sever jaw and tooth pain and pain in her lower abdomen. Her oncologist said that this medicine does not cause pain that she needs to see a dentist and will not give her anything for the pain.....
- Avastin and gout attacks
(Posted by a 67 year old man who has BRVO, CRVO, and takes Avastin)
Avastin was injected into my right eye, with CRVO, 30 January, then to the left eye, with BRVO, 6 February. Two weeks later, I had significant joint and muscle pain in my hands, wrists, ankles, and knees, but it subsided in approximately 10 days.
Then the second injection for each eye followed 4 w ...
- Cardiac stress test (thalamine ) and oxycodone
(Posted by a 69 year old woman who has Severe Migraine, Thyroid Disorder, Glaucoma, High Blood Pressure, and takes Oxycodone, Gabapentin, Levothyroxine Sodium, Travatan, Vytorin, Baby Aspirin)
I am writing this for my sister-in-law, Maria, who is not able to do so and for whom my husband, her brother, and I are the POAs. In May of 2012, Maria had a recurring pain in her leg which took her to the hospital again. She was diagnosed for a second time as having a strained muscle. Then the hosp ...
More reviews for: Avastin, Glaucoma
- A study of side effects of Pristiq for a patient with Depression. The patient has Glaucoma (increased fluid pressure in the eye with vision loss)
Comments: Also experiencing chest pain sweating headache neckache and now my body is pooping out my tabs without dissolving them and always after tummy pains and lots of wind and with an explosive watery motion. ( excuse the detail ) .
- A study of side effects of Avastin for a patient with Glioblastoma Multiforme. The patient has
Comments: Report on my Fiancee -
She took 1st dose of Avastin, late July 2014, slept most of 1 1/2 days, did not feel well as usual. After 2 days, saw mobility on right arm and leg increase, only partial success but able to get around on her own. Speech improved although word searching continues, LT memor ...
- A study of side effects of Avastin for a patient with Glioblastoma Multiforme. The patient has Left Leg Muscles Not Responding Well And Pain In Clalf
Comments: My Husband it taking Avastin for a Glioblastoma wich he had almost five years ago. He has been on Avastin now for 3 years and has had 73 treatments. The treatment is working for his tumour but During this time the left side of his body has become weaker and he has problems walking. He does walk wit ...
- A study of side effects of Pravastatin Sodium for a patient with High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides. The patient has
Comments: I woke up after a 1 hour nap with loud ringing in my left ear and buzzing sound when i talk this was really sudden and the only changes that I have had is taking Chantix for quitting smoking and Pravastatin for lowering my triglycerides can either be causing this problem
- A study of side effects of Avastin for a patient with Colon Cancer Metastatic. The patient has Xeloda
Comments: I am on xeloda and avastin. I started having pains in myhips ,right side back ay bottom of ribs. My ribs on that side were broken in a car accident 14 yrs ago and never had a problem. Also the site of chest tube on that side also hurts. The bone on the top of my foot was also broken on the job 8 yrs ...
More related studies for: Avastin, Glaucoma
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent mobile support groups
- Back Injury
- Vaginal Pain
- Cough and Lipitor
- Do others have nasal congestion from the drug
i especially notice these symptoms after eating a meal ... (1 hour ago)
- Does benadryl work for pet dander?
hi I have been taking Benadryl or pet dander? It seemed to ... (2 hours ago)
- Did you have a heart fibrillations and anxiety and depression
I was a pretty calm and relaxed person until I started ome ... (7 hours ago)
Recent user reviews
- A really bad day ritalin+orange juice
I took Ritaline, then Orange juice. I couldn't do my exam ... (14 hours ago)
- Tingling feet and hands
I have used flagyl 3 times and after stopping the use of t ... (19 hours ago)
- Urea urine increased while taking topamax
I was on Topamax to lose weight. It worked for me, I lost ... (3 days ago)
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Meloxicam for a 52-year old woman who has Back Injury (2 minutes ago)
- Potassium Chloride, Vitamin B12, Fish Oil, Magnesium Sulfate, Altace, Metoprolol Tartrate, Effexor, Zetia for a 55-year old man who has Blood Potassium Abnormal, Vitamin B12 Deficiency, Blood Cholesterol Decreased, Magnesium Deficiency, Blood Pressure Decreased, Anxiety Disorder, Blood Cholesterol Abnormal (3 minutes ago)
- Compare Sertraline and Quetiapine Fumarate for a 72-year old woman (5 minutes ago)