Review: could Avastin cause Insomnia concerns (Insomnia)?
Summary: Insomnia concerns is found among people who take Avastin, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Zometa, and have Metastases to bone.
We study 23,969 people who have side effects while taking Avastin from FDA and social media. Among them, 149 have Insomnia concerns. Find out below who they are, when they have Insomnia concerns and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Avastin and have Insomnia concerns >>>
Avastin has active ingredients of bevacizumab. It is often used in macular degeneration. (latest outcomes from 24,098 Avastin users)
Insomnia concerns (sleeplessness) has been reported by people with depression, quit smoking, pain, high blood pressure, stress and anxiety. (latest reports from 131,509 Insomnia concerns patients)
On Mar, 22, 2015: 23,969 people reported to have side effects when taking Avastin. Among them, 149 people (0.62%) have Insomnia Concerns.
Time on Avastin when people have Insomnia concerns * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Insomnia concerns||49.02%||29.41%||7.84%||13.73%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Insomnia concerns when taking Avastin * :
|Insomnia concerns||59.15%||40.85% |
Age of people who have Insomnia concerns when taking Avastin * :
|Insomnia concerns||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||21.80%||34.59%||43.61% |
Severity of Insomnia concerns when taking Avastin ** :
How people recovered from Insomnia concerns ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Metastases to bone (29 people, 19.46%)
- Breast cancer (26 people, 17.45%)
- Breast cancer metastatic (20 people, 13.42%)
- Lung cancer metastatic (14 people, 9.40%)
- Lung adenocarcinoma metastatic (13 people, 8.72%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Zometa (97 people, 65.10%)
- Xeloda (58 people, 38.93%)
- Gemzar (52 people, 34.90%)
- Carboplatin (48 people, 32.21%)
- Navelbine (47 people, 31.54%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Insomnia Concerns while taking Avastin?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Avastin and have Insomnia Concerns
- support group for people who take Avastin
- support group for people who have Insomnia Concerns
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Lucentis, Avastin for a 69-year old woman with Wet Macular Degeneration.
- A study of drug interactions between Pulmicort Flexhaler, Proair Hfa, Mirena for a 35-year old woman with Asthma, Birth Control. The patient has Nipple Pain, Insomnia, Thirst, Heart Pounding Or Racing, Confusion, Muscle Aches, Headache, Dizziness, Nosebleed, Hypoglycaemia
- A study of drug interactions between Adderall 20, Zoloft for a 25-year old woman with ADD, Depression Suicidal. The patient has Insomnia, Hyperglycaemia, Dry Mouth, Memory Loss
- A study of drug interactions between Baby Aspirin, Pravastatin Sodium, Plavix for a 65-year old man with Blood Clots, High Blood Cholesterol. The patient has Insomnia
- A study of side effects of Acetaminophen And Codeine Phosphate for a 31-year old woman with Ligament Injury. The patient has Insomnia
Recent Avastin related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.