Home > Avastin > Nasal congestion > Avastin and Nasal congestion
Review: could Avastin cause Nasal congestion?
Summary: Nasal congestion is found among people who take Avastin, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 2 years, also take medication Zometa, and have Non-small cell lung cancer.
We study 23,965 people who have side effects while taking Avastin from FDA and social media. Among them, 33 have Nasal congestion. Find out below who they are, when they have Nasal congestion and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Avastin and have Nasal congestion >>>
Avastin (latest outcomes from 24,094 users) has active ingredients of bevacizumab. It is often used in macular degeneration.
Nasal congestion (blockage of the nasal passages usually due to membranes lining the nose becoming swollen from inflamed blood vessels) (latest reports from 78,403 patients) has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, high blood pressure, asthma, osteoporosis, erection problems.
On Oct, 29, 2014: 23,965 people reported to have side effects when taking Avastin. Among them, 33 people (0.14%) have Nasal Congestion.
Time on Avastin when people have Nasal congestion * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Nasal congestion||0.00%||20.00%||6.67%||73.33%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Nasal congestion when taking Avastin * :
|Nasal congestion||90.91%||9.09% |
Age of people who have Nasal congestion when taking Avastin * :
|Nasal congestion||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||5.00%||75.00%||20.00% |
Severity of Nasal congestion when taking Avastin ** :
How people recovered from Nasal congestion ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Non-small cell lung cancer (10 people, 30.30%)
- Hypercalcaemia of malignancy (10 people, 30.30%)
- Breast cancer (6 people, 18.18%)
- Blood cholesterol increased (6 people, 18.18%)
- Pain (4 people, 12.12%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Zometa (24 people, 72.73%)
- Taxotere (23 people, 69.70%)
- Coumadin (22 people, 66.67%)
- Actonel (17 people, 51.52%)
- Taxol (16 people, 48.48%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Nasal Congestion while taking Avastin?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Avastin and have Nasal Congestion
- support group for people who take Avastin
- support group for people who have Nasal Congestion
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Experience blocked nose and force air out to breathe.nasal discharge is white and not thick.if after food, nose is blocked, i vomit. even in mornings, without eating, sometimes i vomit. which disease?
(Asked by a 33 year old man who has Nasal Congestion, Vomiting, Nasal Septum Deviation)
Experience blocked nose and force air out to breathe.Nasal discharge is white and not thick.If after food, nose is blocked, I vomit. Even in mornings, without eating, sometimes I vomit. I contacted doctor and he asked for nose X-ray which confirmed deviated septum. Which Disease is this and how can ...
- How soon after avastin treatments does it normally take for tiredness to go away and energy levels to return to relatively " normal" pre avastin levels?
(Asked by a 43 year old man who has Brain Cancer, Non Metasticizing, and takes Avastin)
I am on Avastin to deal with a late radiation necrosis flare up, not active cancer( mine is in temporary or partial remission).
- Besides the metalic taste does your bowel movement have a metalic smell?
(Asked by a 65 year old woman who has Chest Congestion, Nasal Congestion)
Have had fever off and on with chest congestion for 12 weeks. Have had 3 chest x-rays and 3 routines of antibiotics. Have been taking Musinex DM almost daily per doctors orders. Have had metalic taste within the first month of taking Musinex DM and also notice bowel movement smells different - ki ...
More questions for: Avastin, Nasal congestion
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Avastin and gout attacks
(Posted by a 67 year old man who has BRVO, CRVO, and takes Avastin)
Avastin was injected into my right eye, with CRVO, 30 January, then to the left eye, with BRVO, 6 February. Two weeks later, I had significant joint and muscle pain in my hands, wrists, ankles, and knees, but it subsided in approximately 10 days.
Then the second injection for each eye followed 4 w ...
More reviews for: Avastin, Nasal congestion
- A study of drug interactions between Avastin, Ramipril, Mesalamine for a patient with Hypertension, Colitis. The patient has Chest Pain
Comments: mild chest pain with heavy exertion
- A study of drug interactions between Letrozole, Aredia, Navelbine for a patient with Breast Cancer Metastatic, Bone Cancer Metastatic, Metastases To Bone. The patient has Stuffy Nose
Comments: Discharge of yellow and green,keep telling me its sinus infection.Been using the nedi-pod for months not helping.I have to use 2 a day just to get a relief to sleep at night.Had a steriod nasal spray and antibiotics for sinuse that didn't work.
- A study of side effects of Crestor for a patient with High Blood Cholesterol. The patient has Stuffy Nose (blockage of the nasal passages usually due to membranes lining the nose becoming swollen from inflamed blood vessels)
Comments: no relief even after surgeries
- A study of side effects of Avastin for a patient with Glioblastoma Multiforme. The patient has
Comments: Report on my Fiancee -
She took 1st dose of Avastin, late July 2014, slept most of 1 1/2 days, did not feel well as usual. After 2 days, saw mobility on right arm and leg increase, only partial success but able to get around on her own. Speech improved although word searching continues, LT memor ...
- A study of side effects of Avastin for a patient with Glioblastoma Multiforme. The patient has Left Leg Muscles Not Responding Well And Pain In Clalf
Comments: My Husband it taking Avastin for a Glioblastoma wich he had almost five years ago. He has been on Avastin now for 3 years and has had 73 treatments. The treatment is working for his tumour but During this time the left side of his body has become weaker and he has problems walking. He does walk wit ...
More related studies for: Avastin, Nasal congestion
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.