Home > Avastin > Vocal cord paralysis > Avastin and Vocal cord paralysis
Review: could Avastin cause Vocal cord paralysis (Laryngeal nerve damage)?
Summary: Vocal cord paralysis is found among people who take Avastin, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Zometa, and have Breast cancer.
We study 23,966 people who have side effects while taking Avastin from FDA and social media. Among them, 35 have Vocal cord paralysis. Find out below who they are, when they have Vocal cord paralysis and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Avastin and have Vocal cord paralysis >>>
Avastin (latest outcomes from 24,094 users) has active ingredients of bevacizumab. It is often used in macular degeneration.
Vocal cord paralysis
Vocal cord paralysis (latest reports from 1,112 patients) has been reported by people with depression, breast cancer metastatic, osteoporosis, rheumatoid arthritis, high blood pressure.
On Nov, 26, 2014: 23,966 people reported to have side effects when taking Avastin. Among them, 35 people (0.15%) have Vocal Cord Paralysis.
Time on Avastin when people have Vocal cord paralysis * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Vocal cord paralysis||50.00%||16.67%||33.33%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Vocal cord paralysis when taking Avastin * :
|Vocal cord paralysis||77.78%||22.22% |
Age of people who have Vocal cord paralysis when taking Avastin * :
|Vocal cord paralysis||0.00%||0.00%||11.76%||0.00%||5.88%||5.88%||23.53%||52.94% |
Severity of Vocal cord paralysis when taking Avastin ** :
How people recovered from Vocal cord paralysis ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Breast cancer (8 people, 22.86%)
- Breast cancer metastatic (7 people, 20.00%)
- Drug dependence (6 people, 17.14%)
- Osteonecrosis of jaw (4 people, 11.43%)
- Colon cancer metastatic (3 people, 8.57%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Zometa (14 people, 40.00%)
- Femara (13 people, 37.14%)
- Lorazepam (13 people, 37.14%)
- Taxotere (13 people, 37.14%)
- Xeloda (13 people, 37.14%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Vocal Cord Paralysis while taking Avastin?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Avastin and have Vocal Cord Paralysis
- support group for people who take Avastin
- support group for people who have Vocal Cord Paralysis
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
More questions for: Avastin, Vocal cord paralysis
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Jaw pain with avastin
(Posted by a 45 year old woman who has Colon Cancer Metastatic, and takes Avastin)
My sister is currently taking Avastin and after each treatment she has sever jaw and tooth pain and pain in her lower abdomen. Her oncologist said that this medicine does not cause pain that she needs to see a dentist and will not give her anything for the pain.....
- Avastin and gout attacks
(Posted by a 67 year old man who has BRVO, CRVO, and takes Avastin)
Avastin was injected into my right eye, with CRVO, 30 January, then to the left eye, with BRVO, 6 February. Two weeks later, I had significant joint and muscle pain in my hands, wrists, ankles, and knees, but it subsided in approximately 10 days.
Then the second injection for each eye followed 4 w ...
More reviews for: Avastin, Vocal cord paralysis
- A study of side effects of Avastin for a patient with Glioblastoma Multiforme. The patient has
Comments: Report on my Fiancee -
She took 1st dose of Avastin, late July 2014, slept most of 1 1/2 days, did not feel well as usual. After 2 days, saw mobility on right arm and leg increase, only partial success but able to get around on her own. Speech improved although word searching continues, LT memor ...
- A study of side effects of Avastin for a patient with Glioblastoma Multiforme. The patient has Left Leg Muscles Not Responding Well And Pain In Clalf
Comments: My Husband it taking Avastin for a Glioblastoma wich he had almost five years ago. He has been on Avastin now for 3 years and has had 73 treatments. The treatment is working for his tumour but During this time the left side of his body has become weaker and he has problems walking. He does walk wit ...
- A study of drug interactions between Remicade, Prednisone for a patient with Arthritis, Obliterative Bronchiolitis. The patient has Vocal Cord Paralysis
Comments: Had Broncholitis Obliterans in March - On prednisone
Have rhumetiod, took two Remicade infusions.
Had sore throat, on airplane, three days later voice went away.
Four weeks duration. had scope and ct scan.
- A study of side effects of Pravastatin Sodium for a patient with High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides. The patient has
Comments: I woke up after a 1 hour nap with loud ringing in my left ear and buzzing sound when i talk this was really sudden and the only changes that I have had is taking Chantix for quitting smoking and Pravastatin for lowering my triglycerides can either be causing this problem
- A study of side effects of Zometa for a patient with Breast Cancer Female. The patient has Vocal Cord Paralysis
Comments: my wife took the injection Zometa prescribed by oncologist. After a month ENT specilist detected left side vocal cord paralysis. It seems to me that this may be relathe side effects of Zometa injection.
More related studies for: Avastin, Vocal cord paralysis
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent mobile support groups
- Abilify and Total Hip Replacement
- Kidney Transplant
- Muscular Weakness and Treanda
- Vitamin B17
- Garlic and Prednisone
- What type of seizure do people have using clonidine
My son has been having drop seizures & i believe the Cloni ... (2 hours ago)
- Has anyone had neck paine after taking yervoy? my cancer doctor has said it has not relatin to my treatment but i'm not so sure.
I finished with yervoy treatment about 2 months ago. I hav ... (3 hours ago)
- What is the time space for taking l-thyroxine and pantoprazole am dose
also taking Panioprazole in am forty-five minutes before b ... (8 hours ago)
Recent user reviews
- Amitriptyline involuntary eye movements
I've began having sparatic involuntary eye movements a few ... (2 days ago)
- Hair loss with enbrel
I have been on Enbrel for 4 months and started seeing sign ... (3 days ago)
- Jaw pain and naproxen
Taking naproxen for pain relief of mortons neuromas. 500 m ... (3 days ago)
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Hydroxyurea for a 36-year old woman who has Brain Mass (10 minutes ago)
- Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Homatropine Methylbromide, Prednisolone Acetate, Valsartan And Hydrochlorothiazide, Lipitor, Synthroid, Temazepam, Xanax, Viibryd, Remeron, Wellbutrin Sr, Seroquel Xr for a 61-year old woman who has Chronic Eye Inflammation, Hypertension, High Cholesterol, Hypothroid, Sleep, Anxiety, Depression, Depression (23 minutes ago)
- Oxcarbazepine, Alprazolam for a 38-year old woman who has Depression, Insomnia (1 hour ago)