Home > Avastin > Vocal cord paralysis > Avastin and Vocal cord paralysis
Review: could Avastin cause Vocal cord paralysis (Laryngeal nerve damage)?
Summary: Vocal cord paralysis is found among people who take Avastin, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Zometa, and have Breast cancer.
We study 23,965 people who have side effects while taking Avastin from FDA and social media. Among them, 35 have Vocal cord paralysis. Find out below who they are, when they have Vocal cord paralysis and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Avastin and have Vocal cord paralysis >>>
Avastin (latest outcomes from 24,094 users) has active ingredients of bevacizumab. It is often used in macular degeneration.
Vocal cord paralysis
Vocal cord paralysis (latest reports from 6,287 patients) has been reported by people with depression, breast cancer metastatic, osteoporosis, rheumatoid arthritis, high blood pressure.
On Oct, 26, 2014: 23,965 people reported to have side effects when taking Avastin. Among them, 35 people (0.15%) have Vocal Cord Paralysis.
Time on Avastin when people have Vocal cord paralysis * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Vocal cord paralysis||50.00%||16.67%||33.33%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Vocal cord paralysis when taking Avastin * :
|Vocal cord paralysis||77.78%||22.22% |
Age of people who have Vocal cord paralysis when taking Avastin * :
|Vocal cord paralysis||0.00%||0.00%||11.76%||0.00%||5.88%||5.88%||23.53%||52.94% |
Severity of Vocal cord paralysis when taking Avastin ** :
How people recovered from Vocal cord paralysis ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Breast cancer (8 people, 22.86%)
- Breast cancer metastatic (7 people, 20.00%)
- Drug dependence (6 people, 17.14%)
- Osteonecrosis of jaw (4 people, 11.43%)
- Colon cancer metastatic (3 people, 8.57%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Zometa (14 people, 40.00%)
- Femara (13 people, 37.14%)
- Lorazepam (13 people, 37.14%)
- Taxotere (13 people, 37.14%)
- Xeloda (13 people, 37.14%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Vocal Cord Paralysis while taking Avastin?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Avastin and have Vocal Cord Paralysis
- support group for people who take Avastin
- support group for people who have Vocal Cord Paralysis
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
More questions for: Avastin, Vocal cord paralysis
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Avastin and gout attacks
(Posted by a 67 year old man who has BRVO, CRVO, and takes Avastin)
Avastin was injected into my right eye, with CRVO, 30 January, then to the left eye, with BRVO, 6 February. Two weeks later, I had significant joint and muscle pain in my hands, wrists, ankles, and knees, but it subsided in approximately 10 days.
Then the second injection for each eye followed 4 w ...
More reviews for: Avastin, Vocal cord paralysis
- A study of drug interactions between Avastin, Ramipril, Mesalamine for a patient with Hypertension, Colitis. The patient has Chest Pain
Comments: mild chest pain with heavy exertion
- A study of side effects of Avastin for a patient with Glioblastoma Multiforme. The patient has
Comments: Report on my Fiancee -
She took 1st dose of Avastin, late July 2014, slept most of 1 1/2 days, did not feel well as usual. After 2 days, saw mobility on right arm and leg increase, only partial success but able to get around on her own. Speech improved although word searching continues, LT memor ...
- A study of side effects of Avastin for a patient with Glioblastoma Multiforme. The patient has Left Leg Muscles Not Responding Well And Pain In Clalf
Comments: My Husband it taking Avastin for a Glioblastoma wich he had almost five years ago. He has been on Avastin now for 3 years and has had 73 treatments. The treatment is working for his tumour but During this time the left side of his body has become weaker and he has problems walking. He does walk wit ...
- A study of side effects of Avastin for a patient with Metastatic Renal Cell Carcinoma. The patient has Tremor (trembling or shaking movements in one or more parts of your body)
Comments: Have rcc metastasis stage 4, Have taken second treatment on Avastin through IV. Now have tremors and falling
- A study of side effects of Avastin for a patient with Glioblastoma Multiforme. The patient has Low And Higher Fever Sometimes 3 Days After Treatment
Comments: 3 days after treatment i always have low fever and sometimes higher, tiredness and weakness.
More related studies for: Avastin, Vocal cord paralysis
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent mobile support groups
- Hashimoto's Disease and Molar Pregnancy
- Headache and Minoxidil
- Hepatic Cirrhosis and Hypercapnia
- Maxalt and Hair Loss
- Myrbetriq and Hyponatraemia
- Can ciliapram cause emphysemia
Answer: I too have taken citalopram, for fibromyalgia pain, and wa ... (20 hours ago)
- Can chewing tobacco effect results of velcade on myeloma
Father has been on and off Velcade for Multiple Myeloma ov ... (1 day ago)
- What side effects do you experience from sulpfasalazine?
Answer: You must take sulfasalizine with food to avoid stomach iss ... (1 day ago)
Recent user reviews
- Lipitor weight loss/ lisinipril ed issue
Response: Do Not, I repeat Do Not take Lipitor!!! I was on 20mg for ... (15 hours ago)
- Lipitor weight loss/ lisinipril ed issue
40 mg Lipitor for two months caused 8 pounds weight loss,t ... (19 hours ago)
- Headache after propofol
Was given Propofol while having Colonoscopy and Endoscopy. ... (24 hours ago)
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Orsythia for a 21-year old woman who has Pregnancy On Oral Contraceptive (45 minutes ago)
- Lorazepam, Hydroxyzine, Risperidone for a 17-year old boy who has Anxiety Disorder, Tourette Syndrome (55 minutes ago)
- Dexilant, Crestor, Metoprolol Succinate, Lisinopril, Isosorbide Mononitrate, Clopidogrel for a 44-year old man who has Acid Reflux, Blood Cholesterol Decreased, Blood Pressure Systolic Decreased, Blood Pressure Decreased, Heart Disease, Blood Thinner (2 hours ago)
- Maxalt for a 46-year old woman who has Migraine - Classic (2 hours ago)
- Suboxone, Testosterone for a 40-year old man who has Pain - Bones, Hypogonadism Male (2 hours ago)