Home > Avelox > Anaphylaxis > Avelox and Anaphylaxis
Review: could Avelox cause Anaphylaxis?
We study 20,147 people who have side effects while taking Avelox from FDA and social media. Among them, 1,731 have Anaphylaxis. Find out below who they are, when they have Anaphylaxis and more.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who take Avelox and have Anaphylaxis >>>
Avelox (latest outcomes from 20,663 users) has active ingredients of moxifloxacin hydrochloride. It is often used in sinusitis.
Anaphylaxis (serious allergic reaction that is rapid in onset and may cause death) (latest reports from 109,223 patients) has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, asthma, high blood pressure, premedication, pain.
On Oct, 31, 2014: 20,147 people reported to have side effects when taking Avelox. Among them, 1,731 people (8.59%) have Anaphylaxis.
Time on Avelox when people have Anaphylaxis * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Anaphylaxis when taking Avelox * :
Age of people who have Anaphylaxis when taking Avelox * :
Severity of Anaphylaxis when taking Avelox ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Anaphylaxis ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Sinusitis (267 people, 15.42%)
- Bronchitis (149 people, 8.61%)
- Upper respiratory tract infection (101 people, 5.83%)
- Pneumonia (60 people, 3.47%)
- Respiratory tract infection (56 people, 3.24%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (69 people, 3.99%)
- Singulair (66 people, 3.81%)
- Albuterol (56 people, 3.24%)
- Synthroid (43 people, 2.48%)
- Nasonex (41 people, 2.37%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Anaphylaxis while taking Avelox?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Avelox and have Anaphylaxis
- support group for people who take Avelox
- support group for people who have Anaphylaxis
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Last night went to hospital as i was shaking and dizzy scared it was after my third dose of avelox. is this a side effect? i'm scared to take anything even my regular medications today was shaking
Taken pain mess for years got chest infection was given avelox three days ago. Last nights dose I started shaking couldn't breathe so shaky yet I am dehydrated too. I had woke up drank coffee then took my mess regular and started shaking all over again. Drank three glasses of juice and two of water ...
- Seizure after an epipen injection
I am allergic to EVERYTHING, so I usually pre-game with benadryl and wait out the uncomfortable side effects, but this time my tongue started swelling up and I was having trouble breathing so I went to an ER. About 5-7 minutes after they injected me in the thigh with an epipen, I was in mid sentence ...
- Can thyroid problems bring on anaphylaxis often?
70 yr old previously stong female: Suspicious of thyroid problems...family history. Fatigue, skin, hair changes, slightly swollen, tender tongue at all times. In the last 6 months I've developed food related anaphalaxis. Getting serious, 3 E.R. runs in last 3 months....packing 2 epipens at all tim ...
- Why does vigamox cause a dilated pupil
Ever since I started to take Vigamox 4x/day,my pupil started to stay dilated and not react or react very slowly
- Will avelox cause a false positive on a drug screening, urine test?
My bother is worried he will have a false positive on a urine drug test from taking one Avelox pill, what are the chances he will have a false positive?
- Extremely swollen, red kidneys barely working, liver damage and heart damage she is taking oxgen to keep level at 98, otherwise it goes down to 89. we have been in hospital for 27 hours,
What are her chances of pulling out of this condition?
- After anaphylaxis from naglazyme ,how should we proceed ert?
More questions for: Avelox, Anaphylaxis
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Happened to me- allergic reaction to rogaine
Within the first week of usage, I began to have leg cramps, facial swelling, tightness of breath, chest pain, anxiety, and chronic headaches. Even with allergy medicines and aspirin, nothing seemed to help. At first, I felt it was though it was just simple allergies until I woke up one morning with ...
- Cephalexin 500 mg caused allergic reaction
I developed a rash that quickly turned to painful, itchy blistering after taking cephalexin 500mg capsules for only 2 days (the prescription was for 10 days). The rash was on my hands, legs, back, & arms. I was sent by my doctor to the hospital emergency room. diagnosed as an allergic reaction to c ...
- Avelox with prednisone and nabumetome = disaster
I was prescribed that combination of drugs in January 2013 when I went to my family doctor with a bad chest congestion and painful knees. After starting on the drugs, I got a severely painful neck and thumb and noticed some tingling in my left foot. I took the whole course of the avelox and predniso ...
- 43 with chest tightness & can't take full breath
First morning after taking Avelox the night before, I felt something odd in my chest...thought it may have been the neck infection carried down. After third dose, chest pressure felt like a baseball pushing under my sternum/chest area at the level under my breastline. I could not take a full breath ...
- Anaphylactic shock from fish oil
Yes I went into Anaphylactic shock after taking fish oil. It was just a matter of a few minutes when my hands and feet started itching and then my throat closed up. I could not breathe and 911 was called. I spent 4 nights in the hospital, the first 24 hours vomiting and loose bowels. It was the ...
More reviews for: Avelox, Anaphylaxis
On eHealthMe, Avelox (moxifloxacin hydrochloride) is often used for sinusitis. Find out below the conditions Avelox is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Avelox used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
Recent related drug studies:
More related studies for: Avelox, Anaphylaxis
Recent Avelox related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Ofloxacin, Vigamox, Zymaxid, Besivance for a 78-year old woman who has Infection
- Comparions of Amoxicillin, Moxifloxacin Hydrochloride for a 41-year old man who has Diabetic Foot Infection
- Comparions of Gentamicin Sulfate In Sodium Chloride 0.9% In Plastic Container, Avelox In Sodium Chloride 0.8% In Plastic Container for a 78-year old man who has Pneumonia
- Comparions of Avelox (Bayer Pharms) - 400MG, Valium (Roche) - 10MG for a 54-year old man who has Muscle Spasms
- Comparions of Ocuclear, Mucinex, Phenergan W/ Codeine, Avelox (Bayer Pharms) - 400MG for a 49-year old man who has Sinusitis
- Comparions of Avelox, Benzonatate (Sun Pharm Inds Inc) - 100MG for a 49-year old woman who has Cough
- Comparions of Letrozole, Moxifloxacin Hydrochloride (Teva Pharms) - 400MG for a 57-year old woman who has Breast Cancer Metastatic
- Comparions of Avelox, Ortho Tri-cyclen Lo for a 27-year old woman who has Pneumonia
- Comparions of Avelox In Sodium Chloride 0.8% In Plastic Container (Bayer Hlthcare) - 160MG/100ML, Omeprazole (Sandoz) - 10MG, Ranitidine Hydrochloride (Genpharm) - EQ 150MG BASE for a 95-year old man who has Antibiotic Level
- Comparions of Sudafed, Avelox (Bayer Pharms) - 400MG for a 52-year old woman who has Sinus Congestion
More related comparison studies for: Avelox, Anaphylaxis
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Phenylalanine, Adderall Xr 30 for a 34-year old woman who has Depression, Disturbance In Attention (45 minutes ago)
- Creon for a 59-year old man who has Pancreatic Insufficiency (47 minutes ago)
- Ibuprofen, Vitamin B12, Atorvastatin Calcium, Vitamin D, Levothyroxine Sodium, Fioricet, Dexilant, Prozac for a 68-year old woman who has Bone And Joint Pain, Fatigue, High Blood Cholesterol, Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness, Thyroid Disorder, Migraine, GERD, Depression (2 hours ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Disturbance In Attention and Weight Gain
- Weight Gain and Depression
- Adderall Xr 30
Recent user comments
- "She has never had any behavior problems until 2 month ... " (5 hours ago)
- "I've taken oxybutynin for 20+ years. Some 10 years ag ... " (5 hours ago)
im not sure if l-lycine or l-arginine are re ... " (5 hours ago)
- Emotional Poverty
- High Cholesterol
- Blood In Stool