Home > Avelox > Anaphylaxis > Avelox and Anaphylaxis
Review: could Avelox cause Anaphylaxis?
Summary: Anaphylaxis is found among people who take Avelox, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Aspirin, and have Sinusitis.
We study 20,147 people who have side effects while taking Avelox from FDA and social media. Among them, 1,731 have Anaphylaxis. Find out below who they are, when they have Anaphylaxis and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Avelox and have Anaphylaxis >>>
Avelox (latest outcomes from 20,664 users) has active ingredients of moxifloxacin hydrochloride. It is often used in sinusitis.
Anaphylaxis (serious allergic reaction that is rapid in onset and may cause death) (latest reports from 109,201 patients) has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, asthma, high blood pressure, premedication, pain.
On Oct, 31, 2014: 20,147 people reported to have side effects when taking Avelox. Among them, 1,731 people (8.59%) have Anaphylaxis.
Time on Avelox when people have Anaphylaxis * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Anaphylaxis when taking Avelox * :
Age of people who have Anaphylaxis when taking Avelox * :
Severity of Anaphylaxis when taking Avelox ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Anaphylaxis ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Sinusitis (267 people, 15.42%)
- Bronchitis (149 people, 8.61%)
- Upper respiratory tract infection (101 people, 5.83%)
- Pneumonia (60 people, 3.47%)
- Respiratory tract infection (56 people, 3.24%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (69 people, 3.99%)
- Singulair (66 people, 3.81%)
- Albuterol (56 people, 3.24%)
- Synthroid (43 people, 2.48%)
- Nasonex (41 people, 2.37%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Anaphylaxis while taking Avelox?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Avelox and have Anaphylaxis
- support group for people who take Avelox
- support group for people who have Anaphylaxis
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Last night went to hospital as i was shaking and dizzy scared it was after my third dose of avelox. is this a side effect? i'm scared to take anything even my regular medications today was shaking
(Asked by a 31 year old woman who has Breathing - Slowed Or Stopped, Dizzy, Shaky, and takes Percocet, Fentanyl, Avelox)
Taken pain mess for years got chest infection was given avelox three days ago. Last nights dose I started shaking couldn't breathe so shaky yet I am dehydrated too. I had woke up drank coffee then took my mess regular and started shaking all over again. Drank three glasses of juice and two of water ...
- Seizure after an epipen injection
(Asked by a 35 year old woman who has Anaphylactic Reaction, and takes Epipen)
I am allergic to EVERYTHING, so I usually pre-game with benadryl and wait out the uncomfortable side effects, but this time my tongue started swelling up and I was having trouble breathing so I went to an ER. About 5-7 minutes after they injected me in the thigh with an epipen, I was in mid sentence ...
- Can thyroid problems bring on anaphylaxis often?
(Asked by a 71 year old woman who has Anaphylaxis)
70 yr old previously stong female: Suspicious of thyroid problems...family history. Fatigue, skin, hair changes, slightly swollen, tender tongue at all times. In the last 6 months I've developed food related anaphalaxis. Getting serious, 3 E.R. runs in last 3 months....packing 2 epipens at all tim ...
- Why does vigamox cause a dilated pupil
(Asked by a 54 year old woman who has Glaucoma Surgery Baerveldt Implant, and takes Vigamox)
Ever since I started to take Vigamox 4x/day,my pupil started to stay dilated and not react or react very slowly
- Will avelox cause a false positive on a drug screening, urine test?
(Asked by a 28 year old man who takes Avelox)
My bother is worried he will have a false positive on a urine drug test from taking one Avelox pill, what are the chances he will have a false positive?
More questions for: Avelox, Anaphylaxis
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- How two legal drugs caused my hemorrahagic stroke
(Posted by a 66 year old woman who has Blood Clot In The Legs, and takes Heparin, Avelox)
- Happened to me- allergic reaction to rogaine
(Posted by a 40 year old woman who has Anaphylactic Reaction, and takes Rogaine)
Within the first week of usage, I began to have leg cramps, facial swelling, tightness of breath, chest pain, anxiety, and chronic headaches. Even with allergy medicines and aspirin, nothing seemed to help. At first, I felt it was though it was just simple allergies until I woke up one morning with ...
- Cephalexin 500 mg caused allergic reaction
(Posted by a 66 year old woman who has Anaphylactic Reaction, and takes Cephalexin)
I developed a rash that quickly turned to painful, itchy blistering after taking cephalexin 500mg capsules for only 2 days (the prescription was for 10 days). The rash was on my hands, legs, back, & arms. I was sent by my doctor to the hospital emergency room. diagnosed as an allergic reaction to c ...
- Avelox with prednisone and nabumetome = disaster
(Posted by a 61 year old woman who has Vasculitis, Rhabdomyolysis, Neuropathy Peripheral, and takes Avelox, Prednisone, Nabumetone)
I was prescribed that combination of drugs in January 2013 when I went to my family doctor with a bad chest congestion and painful knees. After starting on the drugs, I got a severely painful neck and thumb and noticed some tingling in my left foot. I took the whole course of the avelox and predniso ...
- 43 with chest tightness & can't take full breath
(Posted by a 43 year old woman who has Shortness Of Breath With Slight Exertion, Chest Tightness, and takes Avelox)
First morning after taking Avelox the night before, I felt something odd in my chest...thought it may have been the neck infection carried down. After third dose, chest pressure felt like a baseball pushing under my sternum/chest area at the level under my breastline. I could not take a full breath ...
More reviews for: Avelox, Anaphylaxis
- A study of side effects of Cymbalta for a patient with Depression. The patient has Anaphylactic Shock (severe and rapid and sometimes fatal hypersensitivity reaction to a substance)
Comments: Was on Cymbalta 30mg for around 3 weeks and was increased to 60mg. Three days after beginning 60mg dosage, I went into Anaphylactic Shock. First my eyes were sensitive to light and I had brain fog. The following day, I thought I was beginning to feel better and in the middle of a store, the right si ...
- A study of side effects of Avelox for a patient with Sinus Infection. The patient has Tachycardia (a heart rate that exceeds the range of 100 beats/min), Skin Redness Or Inflammation (redness)
Comments: I have what seems like a very moderate to severe reaction to the antibiotic Avelox. My doctor said the reaction is called "Red Man Syndrome". All I know is my skin turns red, is tender to the touch and my heart races. It was a very scary reaction.
- A study of drug interactions between Lansoprazole, PREGABALIN for a patient with Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease, Damaged Disks In Spine. The patient has Anaphylactic Shock
Comments: since having 2 episodes so far this year which nobody knows what caused them. i suffer with my breathing and have chest pains. i never had these before the shock
- A study of side effects of Avelox for a patient with Followed Up Drug After Cipro And Flagil Post Diverticulitis.. The patient has Lupus (any of various ulcerous skin diseases)
Comments: Lupus, severe following 7 days on Avelox. Hospitalized for 28 days at two different hospitals before a diagnosis was made at Duke University hospital. Discharged and diagnosis was made a few days later, once all the test results were back. Rheumatoligist has been treating past eight months for Lup ...
- A study of side effects of Avelox for a patient with Acute Bronchitis. The patient has Phlebitis (inflammation of the walls of a vein), Night Sweats (sweating in night), Fatigue (feeling of tiredness), Cough
Comments: Lung X-ray seems to be normal.
More related studies for: Avelox, Anaphylaxis
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent mobile support groups
- Maxalt and Hair Loss
- Myrbetriq and Hyponatraemia
- Muscle Weakness and Finasteride
- Zopiclone and Cocaine Abuse
- Can ciliapram cause emphysemia
Answer: I too have taken citalopram, for fibromyalgia pain, and wa ... (19 hours ago)
- Can chewing tobacco effect results of velcade on myeloma
Father has been on and off Velcade for Multiple Myeloma ov ... (1 day ago)
- What side effects do you experience from sulpfasalazine?
Answer: You must take sulfasalizine with food to avoid stomach iss ... (1 day ago)
Recent user reviews
- Lipitor weight loss/ lisinipril ed issue
Response: Do Not, I repeat Do Not take Lipitor!!! I was on 20mg for ... (14 hours ago)
- Lipitor weight loss/ lisinipril ed issue
40 mg Lipitor for two months caused 8 pounds weight loss,t ... (18 hours ago)
- Headache after propofol
Was given Propofol while having Colonoscopy and Endoscopy. ... (23 hours ago)
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Dexilant, Crestor, Metoprolol Succinate, Lisinopril, Isosorbide Mononitrate, Clopidogrel for a 44-year old man who has Acid Reflux, Blood Cholesterol Decreased, Blood Pressure Systolic Decreased, Blood Pressure Decreased, Heart Disease, Blood Thinner (42 minutes ago)
- Maxalt for a 46-year old woman who has Migraine - Classic (59 minutes ago)
- Suboxone, Testosterone for a 40-year old man who has Pain - Bones, Hypogonadism Male (1 hour ago)
- Viibryd, Sucralfate, Pantoprazole, Nifedipine, Plavix, Synthroid for a 58-year old woman who has Depression, GERD, High Blood Pressure, Arterial Thrombosis Limb, Hypothyroidism (1 hour ago)
- Aspirin for a 47-year old man who has Headache (2 hours ago)