Home > Avelox > Tendonitis > Avelox and Tendonitis
Review: could Avelox cause Tendonitis?
Summary: Tendonitis is found among people who take Avelox, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Levaquin, and have Sinusitis.
We study 20,147 people who have side effects while taking Avelox from FDA and social media. Among them, 411 have Tendonitis. Find out below who they are, when they have Tendonitis and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Avelox and have Tendonitis >>>
Avelox (latest outcomes from 20,664 users) has active ingredients of moxifloxacin hydrochloride. It is often used in sinusitis.
Tendonitis (a condition that causes pain and swelling of tendons) (latest reports from 64,353 patients) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, sinusitis, high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol, osteopenia.
On Oct, 30, 2014: 20,147 people reported to have side effects when taking Avelox. Among them, 411 people (2.04%) have Tendonitis.
Time on Avelox when people have Tendonitis * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Tendonitis when taking Avelox * :
Age of people who have Tendonitis when taking Avelox * :
Severity of Tendonitis when taking Avelox ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Tendonitis ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Sinusitis (86 people, 20.92%)
- Bronchitis (30 people, 7.30%)
- Pneumonia (28 people, 6.81%)
- Prophylaxis (17 people, 4.14%)
- Ovarian cancer (17 people, 4.14%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Levaquin (82 people, 19.95%)
- Zometa (58 people, 14.11%)
- Aredia (49 people, 11.92%)
- Cipro (43 people, 10.46%)
- Neurontin (40 people, 9.73%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Tendonitis while taking Avelox?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Avelox and have Tendonitis
- support group for people who take Avelox
- support group for people who have Tendonitis
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Last night went to hospital as i was shaking and dizzy scared it was after my third dose of avelox. is this a side effect? i'm scared to take anything even my regular medications today was shaking
(Asked by a 31 year old woman who has Breathing - Slowed Or Stopped, Dizzy, Shaky, and takes Percocet, Fentanyl, Avelox)
Taken pain mess for years got chest infection was given avelox three days ago. Last nights dose I started shaking couldn't breathe so shaky yet I am dehydrated too. I had woke up drank coffee then took my mess regular and started shaking all over again. Drank three glasses of juice and two of water ...
- Why does vigamox cause a dilated pupil
(Asked by a 54 year old woman who has Glaucoma Surgery Baerveldt Implant, and takes Vigamox)
Ever since I started to take Vigamox 4x/day,my pupil started to stay dilated and not react or react very slowly
- Will avelox cause a false positive on a drug screening, urine test?
(Asked by a 28 year old man who takes Avelox)
My bother is worried he will have a false positive on a urine drug test from taking one Avelox pill, what are the chances he will have a false positive?
- Is ergocalciferol used for tendonitis?
(Asked by a 43 year old woman who has Tendonitis, and takes Ergocalciferol)
My doctor gave ergocalciferol for my tendonitis in my arm/elbow...what does this do for me?
More questions for: Avelox, Tendonitis
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Ceftriaxone reynolds syndrome & tenditis
(Posted by a 53 year old woman who has Reynolds Sydrome , Tendonitis, Hypokalemia, and takes Ceftriaxone )
Ceftriaxone intravenous, after a week hypokalemia hospital visit waited a week went back to the CDC physician he said that drug had nothing to do with it. I am allergic to 99% of antibiotics I can only take a z-pack for two weeks and then run into allergic reactions. We started back on the Cefriaxon ...
- Avelox with prednisone and nabumetome = disaster
(Posted by a 61 year old woman who has Vasculitis, Rhabdomyolysis, Neuropathy Peripheral, and takes Avelox, Prednisone, Nabumetone)
I was prescribed that combination of drugs in January 2013 when I went to my family doctor with a bad chest congestion and painful knees. After starting on the drugs, I got a severely painful neck and thumb and noticed some tingling in my left foot. I took the whole course of the avelox and predniso ...
- 43 with chest tightness & can't take full breath
(Posted by a 43 year old woman who has Shortness Of Breath With Slight Exertion, Chest Tightness, and takes Avelox)
First morning after taking Avelox the night before, I felt something odd in my chest...thought it may have been the neck infection carried down. After third dose, chest pressure felt like a baseball pushing under my sternum/chest area at the level under my breastline. I could not take a full breath ...
More reviews for: Avelox, Tendonitis
- A study of side effects of Avelox for a patient with Sinus Infection. The patient has Tachycardia (a heart rate that exceeds the range of 100 beats/min), Skin Redness Or Inflammation (redness)
Comments: I have what seems like a very moderate to severe reaction to the antibiotic Avelox. My doctor said the reaction is called "Red Man Syndrome". All I know is my skin turns red, is tender to the touch and my heart races. It was a very scary reaction.
- A study of side effects of Clobetasol Propionate for a patient with Lichen Sclerosus. The patient has Tendonitis (a condition that causes pain and swelling of tendons)
Comments: Tendonitis below left knee, flair up appeared within a day and lasted four days. On day five Lichen symptoms appeared on the back of the same knee, mildly. I have been using Clobetasol Propionate for 6 months before Tendonitis.
- A study of drug interactions between Pennsaid, Tizanidine Hydrochloride, Butrans, Levothyroxine Thyroid, Hydroxyzine, Clindamycin Hydrochloride, Bactrim Ds for a patient with Inflammation, Muscle Tightness, Pain, Hypothyroidism, Allergic Reaction - Drug (medication), Infection. The patient has Pain - Joints, Tendonitis Exacerbated
Comments: Added clindamyacin 5 days after starting Bactrim DS for infection affecting area between ear and mandible. Moderate GI pain within 12 hours of clindamyacin, nausea and LOA lasting 3 days, improved after that. By day 5 sudden onset rash on upper body, rapidly spread to proximal upper extremities th ...
- A study of side effects of Avelox for a patient with Followed Up Drug After Cipro And Flagil Post Diverticulitis.. The patient has Lupus (any of various ulcerous skin diseases)
Comments: Lupus, severe following 7 days on Avelox. Hospitalized for 28 days at two different hospitals before a diagnosis was made at Duke University hospital. Discharged and diagnosis was made a few days later, once all the test results were back. Rheumatoligist has been treating past eight months for Lup ...
- A study of side effects of Ceftin for a patient with Sinusitis. The patient has Tendonitis (a condition that causes pain and swelling of tendons)
Comments: This happened twice. The first time I wasn't sure it was caused by the drug, but after happening a second time being on the medicine - 6 months after the first time, I am convinced it is from the ceftin.
More related studies for: Avelox, Tendonitis
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.