Review: could Avodart cause Hallucination (Hallucinations)?
Summary: Hallucination is found among people who take Avodart, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Sinemet, and have Parkinson's disease.
We study 8,177 people who have side effects while taking Avodart from FDA and social media. Among them, 28 have Hallucination. Find out below who they are, when they have Hallucination and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Avodart and have Hallucination >>>
Avodart has active ingredients of dutasteride. It is often used in enlarged prostate. (latest outcomes from 8,568 Avodart users)
Hallucination (an experience involving the perception of something not present) has been reported by people with depression, pain, parkinson's disease, quit smoking, high blood pressure. (latest reports from 30,198 Hallucination patients)
On Mar, 11, 2015: 8,175 people reported to have side effects when taking Avodart. Among them, 28 people (0.34%) have Hallucination.
Time on Avodart when people have Hallucination * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Age of people who have Hallucination when taking Avodart * :
Severity of Hallucination when taking Avodart ** :
How people recovered from Hallucination ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Parkinson's disease (6 people, 21.43%)
- Benign prostatic hyperplasia (5 people, 17.86%)
- Prostatic disorder (2 people, 7.14%)
- Prostatism (2 people, 7.14%)
- Hiccups (2 people, 7.14%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Sinemet (7 people, 25.00%)
- Flomax (6 people, 21.43%)
- Allopurinol (5 people, 17.86%)
- Aspirin (5 people, 17.86%)
- Cymbalta (4 people, 14.29%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Hallucination while taking Avodart?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Avodart and have Hallucination
- support group for people who take Avodart
- support group for people who have Hallucination
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Avodart, Casodex, Lupron Depot, Avapro for a 83-year old man with Prostate Cancer Recurrent, Blood Pressure. The patient has Fatigue
- A study of side effects of Plavix for a 52-year old man with Surgical Vascular Shunt. The patient has Hallucinations, Mania
- A study of drug interactions between Quercetin-3-rhamnoglucoside, Aspirin, Bystolic, Avodart for a 72-year old man with Bph, Heart Disease, Hypertension. The patient has Hypertension
- A study of side effects of Morphine Sulfate for a 94-year old man with Cancer - Prostate. The patient has Hallucinations
- A study of side effects of Avodart for a 64-year old man with BHP.
Recent Avodart related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.