Home > Avodart > Hallucination > Avodart and Hallucination
Review: could Avodart cause Hallucination (Hallucinations)?
Summary: Hallucination is found among people who take Avodart, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Sinemet, and have Parkinson's disease.
We study 8,167 people who have side effects while taking Avodart from FDA and social media. Among them, 28 have Hallucination. Find out below who they are, when they have Hallucination and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Avodart and have Hallucination >>>
Avodart (latest outcomes from 8,557 users) has active ingredients of dutasteride. It is often used in enlarged prostate.
Hallucination (an experience involving the perception of something not present) (latest reports from 169,806 patients) has been reported by people with depression, pain, high blood pressure, parkinson's disease, quit smoking.
On Oct, 26, 2014: 8,166 people reported to have side effects when taking Avodart. Among them, 28 people (0.34%) have Hallucination.
Time on Avodart when people have Hallucination * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Age of people who have Hallucination when taking Avodart * :
Severity of Hallucination when taking Avodart ** :
How people recovered from Hallucination ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Parkinson's disease (6 people, 21.43%)
- Benign prostatic hyperplasia (5 people, 17.86%)
- Prostatic disorder (2 people, 7.14%)
- Prostatism (2 people, 7.14%)
- Hiccups (2 people, 7.14%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Sinemet (7 people, 25.00%)
- Flomax (6 people, 21.43%)
- Allopurinol (5 people, 17.86%)
- Aspirin (5 people, 17.86%)
- Cymbalta (4 people, 14.29%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Hallucination while taking Avodart?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Avodart and have Hallucination
- support group for people who take Avodart
- support group for people who have Hallucination
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Alprazolam & amoxicillin
(Asked by a 72 year old man who has Enlarged Prostate, High Blood Pressure, Diverticulitis, and takes Meclizine, Clonidine, Norvasc, Flomax, Avodart)
Have Diverticulitis from having Diverticulosis. Have had high blood pressure for
about 4 years and it is controlled with the Norvasc & Clonidine. Enlarged prostate is controlled with Flomax & Avodart. Meclizine is for vertigo, take 2 25mg per day, 1 Am & 1 PM. Take 1 Norvasc AM & 1 Flomax PM.
- Has anyone experienced transient global amnesia from taking avodart?
(Asked by a 78 year old man who has Parkinson's Disease, Enlarged Prostate, and takes Avodart)
Began Avodart for enlarged prostate and having difficulty urinating....3 nights later had transient global amnesia, lasting about 4 hours. Doctor does not think Avodart triggered the amnesia Has anyone had similar experience?
I am hesitant about going back on the Avodart but need to address the p ...
- Does enalapril cause dry mouth
(Asked by a 87 year old man who has Dry Mouth, Swollen Ankles And Feet, and takes Amlodipine Besylate, Tamsulosin, Avodart, Aspirin, Folic Acid)
I am generally healthy and active for an octogenarian, but the dry mouth and swollen ankles do bother me.
- The platelet count and avodark
(Asked by a 54 year old man who takes Avodart)
after taking 5 months avodart (July 13 2009-Dec 13 2009), platelet has started drop down. the platelet is only 13x10e9/L right now.
Is the reason of platelet decrease due to avodart?
How can stop the platelet keep decrease if the reason caused by avodart?
- I started taking avodart and some time later i had a rash on my back and arms and later a had a tickling (paresthesia i think it´s called) all over my body. is this process logical? i stopped taking
(Asked by a 83 year old man who has Took Avodart For Enlarged Prostate., Enlarged Prostate, and takes Avodart, Diovan)
I took Avodart several years ago, and I stopped after a while, because my doctor said it served no purpose. I don't remember correctly but I think I had then a sensation of itching. Several months ago I started again taking Avodart and some time later, I had a skin rash on my back and also the sens ...
More questions for: Avodart, Hallucination
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Avodart and thrombocytopenia
(Posted by a 74 year old man who has Benign Prostatic Hypertrophy, and takes Avodart)
I have taken Avodart at a very low dose of 0.5 mg avery 4th day for the past 8 years. The Platelet count has dropped slowly during that time. But did not get below the normal range until 2 years ago. Stopping Avodart for 6 months allowed the Platelet count to increase 10%. But restarting Avodart for ...
- Higher than a kite, and dumber than one of those saying i can no longer remember!
(Posted by a 33 year old woman who has Hallucination, Visual, Dissociative Identity Disorder, Disturbance In Attention, Dissociative Amnesia, Hypomania, Sexual Dysfunction, Hallucinations, Nightmares, Memory Loss, Memory Impairment, Tremor, Mydriasis, and takes Pristiq)
I told my shrink I didn't want to try anymore antidepressants... that they make me crazy-stupid(pristiq), crazy-nympho(wellbutrin), or crazy-sloth(lexapro). I have complex ptsd, did, and gad. I really don't want to take anything... I just want to work out, eat right, and try to put myself back on tr ...
(Posted by a 76 year old man who has Hallucinations, and takes Valium)
On the 20th of August 2012 I fell downstairs and broke my left arm/shoulder and ribs. I also had many open cuts from my elbow to my wrist; the whole arm and hand was severely swollen; huge purple marks on arm thigh and chest. These have all healed. However the arm/shoulder has healed out of joint an ...
More reviews for: Avodart, Hallucination
- A study of drug interactions between Actifed, Ibuprofen, Paracetamol, Sertraline, Alprazolam for a patient with Allergic Respiratory Disease, Inflammation, Fever, Chronic Depression, Generalised Anxiety Disorder. The patient has Mental Status Changes, Depression Aggravated, Psychosis Aggravated, Hallucination, Feelings Of Worthlessness, Feeling Of Despair, Dizziness, Psychotic Behaviour, Changes In Consciousness, Irritability, Feeling Of Despair, Confusion Aggravated
Comments: Do not take Actifed (pills) if you're under alprazolam treatment, especially if you're having a high dosis of the benzodiazepine (or if you're being treated for a long time). The psychiatric effects can be devastating and your anxiety disorder and/or depression can get much worse.
Unentencionally ( ...
- A study of drug interactions between Gabapentin, Vicodin Es, Alprazolam, Lisinopril for a patient with Nerve Injury, Foraminal Encroachment, Anxiety, High Blood Pressure. The patient has Hallucinations, Rapid Eye Movements Sleep Abnormal, Depression, Confusion
Comments: I have been an gabapentin for ten days. 300 mg the first week and 600 mg the last three days. I absolutely hate it! I have had increasing nightmares or sometimes they are total fantasy type dreams. I watched about two minutes of the queen's jubilee floatilla and the next thing I know, Im haaving ...
- A study of drug interactions between Lamotrigine, Ritalin for a patient with Epilepsy, Adhd. The patient has Hallucinations
Comments: My son has been having hallocinations just recently. He is seeing a man and hearing noises. He went to the hospital and had blood test, EEG and an MRI and brain infection and tumour of the brain were ruled out.
Could these be from his lamotrigine? His doctors doesn't think so cause he said i ...
- A study of drug interactions between Zolpidem Tartrate, Bupropion Hydrochloride, Lipitor, Bupropion Hydrochloride, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Clonazepam, Avodart, Viibryd, Adderall 20, Vyvanse for a patient with Sleep Disorder Due To General Medical Condition, Insomnia Type, Depressed Level Of Consciousness, Ldl/hdl Ratio, Generalized Anxiety Disorder, Male Pattern Baldness, Major Depressive Disorder, Add. The patient has Hdl, Ldl/hdl Ratio
Comments: *HELP- Any insight regarding the circumstance described below would be greatly appreciated.
My HDL-C was a 4 on my last lipid panel. LDL-C was around 220. 41 year old male. Height 71", weight varies 195-210lbs, due to my "elective compliance" to take Rx-ed stimulant meds described below. Presen ...
- A study of side effects of Zyrtec for a patient with Hives Treatment. The patient has Hallucinations (sensations that appear real but are created by your mind)
Comments: Worked really well on hives and itching along with the Allegra taken daily for 4 days then came the bizarre hallucination of someone breaking in on me and I thought I was prepared to die as I had lost my cellphone during my groggy period on other medications for the itchy hives I had had after treat ...
More related studies for: Avodart, Hallucination
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.