Home > Avodart > Hallucination, auditory > Avodart and Hallucination, auditory
Review: could Avodart cause Hallucination, auditory?
Summary: Hallucination, auditory is reported only by a few people who take Avodart.
We study 8,167 people who have side effects while taking Avodart from FDA and social media. Find out below who they are, when they have Hallucination, auditory and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Avodart and have Hallucination, auditory >>>
Avodart (latest outcomes from 8,557 users) has active ingredients of dutasteride. It is often used in enlarged prostate.
Hallucination, Auditory (perceiving sounds without auditory stimulus) (latest reports from 7,586 patients) has been reported by people with depression, schizophrenia, quit smoking, bipolar disorder, high blood pressure.
On Nov, 25, 2014: 8,167 people reported to have side effects when taking Avodart. Among them, 1 people (0.01%) has Hallucination, Auditory.
Time on Avodart when people have Hallucination, auditory * :
Age of people who have Hallucination, auditory when taking Avodart * :
|Hallucination, auditory||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Severity of Hallucination, auditory when taking Avodart ** :
How people recovered from Hallucination, auditory ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Parkinson's disease (1 people, 100.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Trazodone hcl (1 people, 100.00%)
- Cymbalta (1 people, 100.00%)
- Ketoconazole (1 people, 100.00%)
- Nexium (1 people, 100.00%)
- Klonopin (1 people, 100.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Hallucination, Auditory while taking Avodart?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Avodart and have Hallucination, Auditory
- support group for people who take Avodart
- support group for people who have Hallucination, Auditory
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Alprazolam & amoxicillin
(Asked by a 72 year old man who has Enlarged Prostate, High Blood Pressure, Diverticulitis, and takes Meclizine, Clonidine, Norvasc, Flomax, Avodart)
Have Diverticulitis from having Diverticulosis. Have had high blood pressure for
about 4 years and it is controlled with the Norvasc & Clonidine. Enlarged prostate is controlled with Flomax & Avodart. Meclizine is for vertigo, take 2 25mg per day, 1 Am & 1 PM. Take 1 Norvasc AM & 1 Flomax PM.
- Has anyone experienced transient global amnesia from taking avodart?
(Asked by a 78 year old man who has Parkinson's Disease, Enlarged Prostate, and takes Avodart)
Began Avodart for enlarged prostate and having difficulty urinating....3 nights later had transient global amnesia, lasting about 4 hours. Doctor does not think Avodart triggered the amnesia Has anyone had similar experience?
I am hesitant about going back on the Avodart but need to address the p ...
- Does enalapril cause dry mouth
(Asked by a 87 year old man who has Dry Mouth, Swollen Ankles And Feet, and takes Amlodipine Besylate, Tamsulosin, Avodart, Aspirin, Folic Acid)
I am generally healthy and active for an octogenarian, but the dry mouth and swollen ankles do bother me.
- The platelet count and avodark
(Asked by a 54 year old man who takes Avodart)
after taking 5 months avodart (July 13 2009-Dec 13 2009), platelet has started drop down. the platelet is only 13x10e9/L right now.
Is the reason of platelet decrease due to avodart?
How can stop the platelet keep decrease if the reason caused by avodart?
- I started taking avodart and some time later i had a rash on my back and arms and later a had a tickling (paresthesia i think it´s called) all over my body. is this process logical? i stopped taking
(Asked by a 83 year old man who has Took Avodart For Enlarged Prostate., Enlarged Prostate, and takes Avodart, Diovan)
I took Avodart several years ago, and I stopped after a while, because my doctor said it served no purpose. I don't remember correctly but I think I had then a sensation of itching. Several months ago I started again taking Avodart and some time later, I had a skin rash on my back and also the sens ...
More questions for: Avodart, Hallucination, auditory
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Avodart and thrombocytopenia
(Posted by a 74 year old man who has Benign Prostatic Hypertrophy, and takes Avodart)
I have taken Avodart at a very low dose of 0.5 mg avery 4th day for the past 8 years. The Platelet count has dropped slowly during that time. But did not get below the normal range until 2 years ago. Stopping Avodart for 6 months allowed the Platelet count to increase 10%. But restarting Avodart for ...
More reviews for: Avodart, Hallucination, auditory
- A study of drug interactions between Ambien, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Avodart, Bupropion Hydrochloride for a patient with Sleep Disorder, Poor Quality Sleep, Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia, Chronic Depression. The patient has Cloudy Verticle Line In Right Eye, A Visual Field Defect
Comments: Milky white cloudy vertical line in left side of visual field of the right eye only subsequent to cataract surgery and implantation of Crystallens IOL. This line appears to be capable of retracting white light into a vertical straight "rainbow" along the inner edge of the vertical blurry white line ...
- A study of side effects of Concerta for a patient with Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder. The patient has Hallucination, Auditory (perceiving sounds without auditory stimulus)
Comments: My son takes concerta and is having symptoms of schizophrenia that he says he has had since childhood...auditory and visual hallucinations. Could it be the concerta rather than true schizophrenia? He also has major depression and suicidal thoughts.
- A study of drug interactions between Norvasc, Uroxatral, Avodart for a patient with Hypertension, Bph. The patient has Rash Generalised
Comments: on 3 instances, got a skin itching and rash after swimming in a pool, all saltwater, in two occasion used sun screen and moderate exposure to the sun.
The rash started after showering and almost 2 to 3 hours after getting out of the water. Started on the chest area and slowly spread to shoulders ba ...
- A study of side effects of Clonazepam for a patient with Anxiety. The patient has Hallucination, Visual (seeing things that aren't there), Hallucination, Auditory (perceiving sounds without auditory stimulus)
Comments: Auditory hallucinations. Visual hallucinations. Mixed hallucinations and an apparent inability to distinguish reality (belief in magical properties of a stick and belief that his body radiates heat hot enough to burn the house down yet his skin doesn't burn).
- A study of side effects of Avodart for a patient with Enlarged Prostate. The patient has Pain - Penis
Comments: Was not an issue until very recently. No injury that I know of, and no extra-curricular sex. Had burning in same area some 20 years ago that had to do with scarring which was corrected during systiscopic procedure.
More related studies for: Avodart, Hallucination, auditory
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.