Review: could Avonex cause Memory impairment (Memory loss)?
Summary: Memory impairment is found among people who take Avonex, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for 2 - 5 years, also take medication Tysabri, and have Multiple sclerosis.
We study 103,404 people who have side effects while taking Avonex from FDA and social media. Among them, 3,278 have Memory impairment. Find out below who they are, when they have Memory impairment and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Avonex and have Memory impairment >>>
Avonex has active ingredients of interferon beta 1a. It is often used in multiple sclerosis. (latest outcomes from 103,546 Avonex users)
Memory impairment has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, depression, pain, high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol. (latest reports from 63,452 Memory impairment patients)
On Mar, 16, 2015: 103,404 people reported to have side effects when taking Avonex. Among them, 3,278 people (3.17%) have Memory Impairment.
Time on Avonex when people have Memory impairment * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Memory impairment||9.72%||14.78%||8.04%||16.07%||26.59%||20.93%||3.87% |
Gender of people who have Memory impairment when taking Avonex * :
|Memory impairment||81.03%||18.97% |
Age of people who have Memory impairment when taking Avonex * :
|Memory impairment||0.00%||0.00%||0.05%||3.67%||14.31%||29.08%||34.62%||18.27% |
Severity of Memory impairment when taking Avonex ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Memory impairment||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Memory impairment ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Memory impairment||0.00%||100.00%||0.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Multiple sclerosis (3,278 people, 100.00%)
- Depression (81 people, 2.47%)
- Anxiety (40 people, 1.22%)
- Muscle spasms (35 people, 1.07%)
- Convulsion (31 people, 0.95%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Tysabri (725 people, 22.12%)
- Baclofen (165 people, 5.03%)
- Neurontin (139 people, 4.24%)
- Provigil (101 people, 3.08%)
- Aspirin (94 people, 2.87%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of avonex and memory impairment on
Do you have Memory Impairment while taking Avonex?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Avonex and have Memory Impairment
- support group for people who take Avonex
- support group for people who have Memory Impairment
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Probiotics, Multivitamin, Vitamin B12, Vitamin D, Dextroamphetamine Sulfate, Diazepam, Oxytocin 5 Usp Units In Dextrose 5%, Levothyroxine Sodium, Breo Ellipta, Prozac for a 46-year old woman with Indigestion, Diffenncy, Difficiency, D Difficiency, Narcolepsy, Sleep Disorder Due To General Medical Condition, Insomnia Type, Pain, Thyroid Disorder, Copd, Depression. The patient has Narcolepsy, Stress At Work, Frequent Headaches, Chiari Malformation, Constipation, Diarrhea, Nausea, Pain - Joints, Forgetfulness, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Fecal Leaking, Difficulty Breathing
- A study of drug interactions between Ativan, Bupropion Hydrochloride, Latuda, Vyvanse, Zopiclone, Gabapentin, Seroquel for a 21-year old woman with Panic Attack, Depression, Bipolar Disorder, Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder, Insomnia, Anxiety Disorder, Bipolar Ii Disorder. The patient has Anxiety, Apathy, Hypomania, Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder, Tremor, Memory Impairment
- A study of side effects of Neurontin for a 32-year old woman with Neuropathy. The patient has Memory Impairment
- A study of drug interactions between Celexa, Clonazepam, Valproic Acid for a 33-year old man with Bipolar Disorder, Panic Disorder. The patient has Impaired Memory, Memory Impairment, Disturbance In Attention, Cognitive Deterioration
- A study of side effects of Keppra for a 79-year old man with Temporal Lobe Epilepsy. The patient has Short-term Memory Loss
Recent Avonex related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Tysabri, Tecfidera, Gilenya, Avonex for a 36-year old woman who has RRMS
- Comparions of Avonex, Rebif, Copaxone for a 57-year old woman who has SLE
- Comparions of Gilenya, Tecfidera, Copaxone, Avonex, Tysabri for a 48-year old woman who has Relapsing-remitting Multiple Sclerosis
- Comparions of Avonex, Zoloft, Axiron, Provigil for a 49-year old man who has Testosterone
- Comparions of Avonex, Rebif for a 38-year old man who has MS
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.