Review: could Azathioprine cause Cervical dysplasia?
Summary: Cervical dysplasia is reported only by a few people who take Azathioprine.
We study 14,240 people who have side effects while taking Azathioprine from FDA and social media. Among them, 4 have Cervical dysplasia. Find out below who they are, when they have Cervical dysplasia and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Azathioprine and have Cervical dysplasia >>>
Azathioprine has active ingredients of azathioprine sodium. It is often used in crohn's disease. (latest outcomes from Azathioprine 14,431 users)
Cervical dysplasia (abnormal changes in the cells on the surface of the cervix) has been reported by people with birth control, osteoporosis, multiple sclerosis, osteopenia, rheumatoid arthritis.(latest reports from Cervical dysplasia 1,630 patients)
On Dec, 4, 2014: 14,240 people reported to have side effects when taking Azathioprine. Among them, 4 people (0.03%) have Cervical Dysplasia.
Time on Azathioprine when people have Cervical dysplasia * :
Gender of people who have Cervical dysplasia when taking Azathioprine * :
|Cervical dysplasia||100.00%||0.00% |
Age of people who have Cervical dysplasia when taking Azathioprine * :
|Cervical dysplasia||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||75.00%||25.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Severity of Cervical dysplasia when taking Azathioprine ** :
How people recovered from Cervical dysplasia ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Crohn's disease (3 people, 75.00%)
- Systemic lupus erythematosus (1 people, 25.00%)
- Renal transplant (1 people, 25.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Implanon (2 people, 50.00%)
- Budesonide (2 people, 50.00%)
- Remicade (2 people, 50.00%)
- Steroids nos (2 people, 50.00%)
- Cyclophosphamide (1 people, 25.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Cervical Dysplasia while taking Azathioprine?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Azathioprine and have Cervical Dysplasia
- support group for people who take Azathioprine
- support group for people who have Cervical Dysplasia
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Why would i get copd since i never smoked?
(Asked by a 62 year old woman who has Rheumatoid Arthritis, PBC, AIH, Asthma, and takes Vitamin D, Calcium Carbonate, Anturol, Morphine Sulfate, Levothyroxine Sodium, Pyridium, Cyclobenzaprine Hydrochloride, Azathioprine, Proair Hfa, Advair Diskus 250/50, Combivent)
I have several autoimmune disorders, I was shocked to get the COPD diagnosis since I have never smoked but I had second hand smoke first 23 years of my life.
My doctor said my Autoimmune Hepatitis and Primary Biliary Cholingitis set me up for COPD.
- Does zoloft cause ringing in the ears, like tinnitus? i've been on it for a month and noticed the ringing in the ears about a week ago, and it's just constant ringing and it's driving me insane. (1 answer)
(Asked by a 24 year old man who has Ringing In The Ears, and takes Dicyclomine Hydrochloride, Benadryl, Tylenol, Lialda, Azathioprine, Prednisone, Ambien, Zoloft)
I've been on most of the medications for more than a year and it hasn't been that bad getting used to them. But I've been on Zoloft and ambien for about a month now, and I've been noticing a lot of side effects. The one I just recently noticed and that has been driving me completely insane, is the r ...
- Has anyone with autoimmune hepatitis tried alpha lipoic acid, milk thistle and selenium (1 answer)
(Asked by a 14 year old girl who has Autoimmune Hepatitis)
Has anyone tried alpha lipoic , selenium and silybum marianum? I read an article that synergically they have anti inflammatory impact on the liver.
- My doctor prescribed citalopram for depression but l have myasthenia gravis is the ol
(Asked by a 70 year old man who has Depression, and takes Lisinopril, Atorvastatin Calcium, Prednisolone, Azathioprine)
Could anyone help, my doctor has given me citalopram for depression but I have myasthenia gravis is this ok I have read it might not be safe?
- I have been taking azathioprine since june and in september my hair has been falling out. has anyone else had this problem? it is now the middle of october and i'm very worried. my hair is very thin. (2 answers)
(Asked by a 66 year old woman who has Autoimmune Hepatitis, and takes Azathioprine)
I have been on Azathioprine since June and it is now the middle of October and I am still loosing lots of hair and am very worried as it is very thin now. Is there a time frame that it starts to slow or will I loose it all. I called my doctor and couldn't get in til Nov. 13th. Help! Has anybody had ...
More questions for: Azathioprine, Cervical dysplasia
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Caused by azathioprine (3 responses)
(Posted by a 34 year old woman who has Crohn's Disease, and takes Azathioprine)
I started taking Azathioprine in 2003, and almost immediately started having very strange skin conditions, strange chronic rashes, etc. I also developed strange, tiny bumps on my palms and soles of my feet; which are extremely prominent after exposure to water. My father started taking this drug as ...
More reviews for: Azathioprine, Cervical dysplasia
- A study of drug interactions between Lamictal, Alprazolam, Lactulose, Daytrana, Effexor, Ondansetron, Ursodiol, Prednisone, Azathioprine, Tacrolimus for a patient with Mood Disorder Due To A General Medical Condition, Generalized Anxiety Disorder, Encephalopathy - Hepatic, Depression, Autoimmune Hepatitis, Immunosuppressant Drug Therapy. The patient has Mood Disorder Due To A General Medical Condition, Fatigue - Chronic, Major Depression, Anxiety Disorder, Nausea
Comments: The nausea is persistent and debilitating as is the fatigue. Nothing relieves the nausea. I was transplanted for esld Chronic Hep B but developed de novo autoimmune hepatitis with a touch of graft v. host disease.
The emotional troubles became extremely exacerbated post-transplant.
3 yrs pos ...
- A study of side effects of Azathioprine for a patient with Ulcerative Colitis. The patient has Lymphangioma (tumour of lymph nodes)
Comments: I had vulvar surgery twice to remove the lymphangioma and then had laser surgery the third time for the same reason. After that third surgery I stopped taking Imuran and I have been off it for about 1 year now with no recurrence of the lymphangioma.
- A study of drug interactions between Colofac, Azathioprine for a patient with Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Inflammatory Bowel Disease - Ulcerative Colitis. The patient has Tiredness
Comments: Go through phases of being exceptionally tired and find that I have to go to sleep during the day. At night can sleep for over 8 hours and find it hard to get up. Frequent bouts of yawning and know I need to have a sleep.
- A study of drug interactions between Calcium-D Glucarate, Vitamin D, B-12, Klor-con M20, Furosemide, Metoprolol Tartrate, Famotidine, Novolog, Lantus, Prednisone, Azathioprine for a patient with Bone Density Decreased, Vitamin D Toxicity, Iron Deficiency, Potassium - Low, Fluid Retention, Abnormal Heart Rhythms, Stomach Flu, Diabetes Mellitus, Temporal Arteritis. The patient has Loss Of Appetite
Comments: 6 weeks ago, while on a program of prednisone reduction, my taste and appetite disappeared. All food tastes like cardboard. Prednisone was increased again about 3 weeks ago, however, appetite and taste remains gone. Any suggestions?
- A study of drug interactions between Carafate, Prevacid 24 Hr, Probiotic, Spirulina Blue-green Algae, Melatonin, Boniva, Mesalamine, Azathioprine for a patient with Acid Reflux, Ulcerative Colitis, Tiredness, Insomnia, Osteopenia. The patient has Walking During Sleep, Earache, Burning Eyes, Burning Tongue Syndrome, Swallowing Difficulty, Burning Eyes, Throat - Sore
Comments: I took 30 days of antibiotics in May for a case of strep throat. The antibiotics irritated my colitis and I took six weeks of prednisone to repair my colon. I now have acid reflux with burning in my chest, throat, tongue, mouth and ear.
More related studies for: Azathioprine, Cervical dysplasia
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.