Review: could Azilect cause Restless legs syndrome (Restless leg syndrome)?
Summary: Restless legs syndrome is found among people who take Azilect, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 2 - 5 years, also take medication Requip, and have Parkinson's disease.
We study 1,538 people who have side effects while taking Azilect from FDA and social media. Among them, 6 have Restless legs syndrome. Find out below who they are, when they have Restless legs syndrome and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Azilect and have Restless legs syndrome >>>
Azilect has active ingredients of rasagiline mesylate. It is often used in parkinson's disease. (latest outcomes from Azilect 1,801 users)
Restless legs syndrome
Restless Legs Syndrome (a powerful urge to move your legs) has been reported by people with restless leg syndrome, osteoporosis, depression, high blood pressure, pain.(latest reports from Restless Legs Syndrome 16,008 patients)
On Dec, 2, 2014: 1,538 people reported to have side effects when taking Azilect. Among them, 6 people (0.39%) have Restless Legs Syndrome.
Time on Azilect when people have Restless legs syndrome * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Restless legs syndrome||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Restless legs syndrome when taking Azilect * :
|Restless legs syndrome||33.33%||66.67% |
Age of people who have Restless legs syndrome when taking Azilect * :
|Restless legs syndrome||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||25.00%||0.00%||75.00% |
Severity of Restless legs syndrome when taking Azilect ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Restless legs syndrome||0.00%||0.00%||100.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Restless legs syndrome ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Restless legs syndrome||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Parkinson's disease (6 people, 100.00%)
- Parkinsonian gait (1 people, 16.67%)
- Joint lock (1 people, 16.67%)
- Nausea (1 people, 16.67%)
- Insomnia (1 people, 16.67%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Requip (4 people, 66.67%)
- Sinemet (4 people, 66.67%)
- Lotrel (3 people, 50.00%)
- Levothyroxine sodium (3 people, 50.00%)
- Furosemide (3 people, 50.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Restless Legs Syndrome while taking Azilect?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Azilect and have Restless Legs Syndrome
- support group for people who take Azilect
- support group for people who have Restless Legs Syndrome
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- What can i do to help my wife who is on ambien and sometimes has horrible restless leg syndrome?
(Asked by a 25 year old woman who has ADD, Restless Leg Syndrome, Insomnia, and takes Adderall, Ambien)
She will take her meds like a hour and a half before actually going to sleep. The Zambian that is and sometimes she has uncontrolled restless leg syndrome. She has to move them a certain way and everything. This last time it lasted a hour and a half. I was just wondering if there is anything I could ...
- I take 20mg of amitriptyline each notgh to help me sleep. i have just been diagnosed with parkinsons and need to takae azilect, whihc is an mao-b inhibotor, can i take them together
(Asked by a 66 year old woman who has Insomnia, Parkinson's Disease, and takes Azilect)
Can I take both these tables together? My consultant said it was ok to take both
but the Amitriptyline instructions say do not take with MAO-B inhibitors, Azilect is an MAO-B inhibitors
- Has anyone with parkinson's tried stem cell therapy?
(Asked by a 56 year old woman who has Parkinson's Disease, and takes Azilect)
I would like to supplement the azilect I take with natural products that will hopefully keep my symptoms stable at least for as long as possible. I'm also very interested in finding out more about the benefit of stem cell therapy.
- Has abilify affected your ability to make good decisions?
(Asked by a 73 year old woman who has Tachycardia, Depression, Fibromyalgia, Anemia, Barrett's Esophagus, Temporal Arteritis, Restless Leg Syndrome, Disautonomia, Autoimmune Retinopathy, Polymyalgia Rheumatica, Myasthenia Gravis, Addison's Disease, and takes Abilify)
My husband and I are 73. We had a paid off home and money in the bank until the past 3 years. We have made some terrible decisions and now we are practically penniless. We couldn't understand why we had made such bad decisions and let someone talk us into losing our money. We have also been on A ...
- My sister has a past addiction to morphine. is solonpas addictive?
(Asked by a 45 year old woman who has Depression, Restless Leg Syndrome, Arthritis In Lower Back, Mild Brain Damage From Suicide Attempt, PTSD)
I take of my baby sister, because in 2010 she tried to take her life with drugs, alcohol and. Cocaine. She complains of pain in her lower back, due to an injury in 1998, which led to surgery, which led to her addictiction to Morphine. She was diagnosed with Arthritis in her back where she had surger ...
More questions for: Azilect, Restless legs syndrome
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Pristiq, epilim, sifrol, immovane, valium, mobic
(Posted by a 41 year old woman who has Congenital Scoliosis, Claustrophobia, Flashbacks And Nightmares, Anxiety Disorder, Restless Legs Syndrome, Depression, and takes Mobic, Pramipexole Dihydrochloride, Diazepam, Valproate Sodium, Pristiq )
I started out with mild burnout depression in 2009 and was put on a low dose of Lexapro, which picked me up fantastically. I had been given low (2mg) Valium before for muscle relaxant purposes due to my scoliosis complications. Both these worked well. Then in 2010 I was drugged and raped and almo ...
- Flatulence, lactose intolerance, and clonazapam
(Posted by a 56 year old man who has Major Depressive Disorder, Restless Leg Syndrome, Lactose Intolerance)
After taking my first dose of Clonazapam, it seemed my lactose intolerance flared up for 24 hours or more. Flatulence all through the period and watery stool in the morning. Does anyone else find their lactose intolerance triggered by the lactose in Clonazapam?
- How an integrative wellness approach cured me of insomnia, ibs, and more (1 response)
(Posted by a 47 year old woman who has Fatigue, Sinusitis Acute, Itching, Cognitive Deterioration, Psoriasis, Anxiety, Restless Leg Syndrome, Frequent Headaches, Nasal Inflammation, Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Chronic Insomnia, and takes Levothyroxine Thyroid, Clonazepam, Ambien Cr)
For 10+ years, I suffered with insomnia and a host of other problems including intestinal distress, headaches, psoriasis, anxiety, cognitive issues, hypothyroid, chronic itching, restless leg, etc. Traditional medicine, aka taking drugs, was not working to heal me. Since childhood, I’ve had IBS, h ...
More reviews for: Azilect, Restless legs syndrome
- A study of side effects of Ritalin for a patient with ADHD. The patient has Insomnia Related To Another Mental Condition (sleeplessness related to another mental condition), Chapped Hands (dry and cracker hands), Fear, Focus, Shivering (felling of cold), Numbness In Hands Or Feet, Cold Sweat, Compulsions (performing an act persistently and repetitively), Panic Attacks, Costochondritis (chest wall pain), Stubbornness (dark personality traits), Restless Legs Syndrome (a powerful urge to move your legs), Fear Of Crowded Places, Fear Of Public Speaking (fear to go in social), Shortness Of Breath, Anxiety, Apprehension, Feeling Uptight, Jitters, Stress, Stress And Anxiety, Tension
Comments: Hands and feet always cold, even in hot weather. Smallest toe specifically gets numb. Feeling overwhelmed in large crowds or small spaces. Overthinking and anxiety all the time. Sweating even in cold weather. Panic attacks weekly. Get scared easily, jump when a loud sudden noise appears. Can't sleep ...
- A study of drug interactions between Ventolin, Advair Diskus 250/50 for a patient with Asthma. The patient has Thinking Slowed, Narcolepsy, Speech Disorders, Chronic Pain, Sexual Apathy, Chronic Depression, Addh, Shoulder Blade Pain, Arthritis, Loss Of Sensation, Numbness And Tingling, Paresthesias, Sensory Loss, Tingling And Numbness, Eyes - Dry, Dry Mouth, Pain Threshold Decreased, Lumbar Spinal Stenosis, Cervical Spinal Stenosis, Umbilical Hernia, Sleep Disorder, Involuntary Body Movements, Restless Leg Syndrome, Dizziness, Nausea And Vomiting, Fatigue - Chronic, Essential Tremor, Heat Intolerance
Comments: Been incapacitated since xmas 2010, unable to work, life has been destroyed. Crawled away from abusive relationship, lost everything. Social Security is fighting me, it's disgusting. Doctors are wretched and worthless.
- A study of side effects of Primidone for a patient with Tremor - Essential. The patient has Tremor - Essential (a neurological disorder whose most recognizable feature is a tremor of the arms or hands during voluntary movements such as eating), Restless Legs Syndrome (a powerful urge to move your legs)
Comments: 2007.Roprinirole for restless leg syndrome. Propranolol for Periodic Limb Movement. 2013. Essential Tremor - incease Propranolol from 40 mg/day to 80 mg/day. Effective to summer 2014. RX Primidone 50 mg/day. Very effective 21 days. Nightmares after 14 days. Today, day 21, hysterical weeping reacti ...
- A study of side effects of Hydroxyzine for a patient with Panic Disorder. The patient has Restlessness (not able to rest), Restless Leg Syndrome (a powerful urge to move your legs)
Comments: This drug does not help a person with social anxiety and or panic disorder. I was tired for the first couple of days but couldn't sleep due to restless leg. Now, after three weeks of taking it, I'm up til 2am. Does not help me sleep. I feel restless and tired/awake.
- A study of drug interactions between Ferrous Citrate Fe 59, Hydrocortisone, Vitamin B12, Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen, Fosamax, Prednisone, Mirapex, Celebrex, Wellbutrin Sr, Adderall 20, Nexium, Sucralfate, Amlodipine Besylate, Trileptal, Effexor, Vitamin D for a patient with Blood Iron Abnormal, Skin Rash, C4 Level, Flank Pain, Osteoporosis Postmenopausal, Dermatomyositis, Restless Leg Syndrome, Arthritis, Depression, Adhd, Reflux Gastritis, High Blood Pressure, Bipolar Ii Disorder, Vitamin D Toxicity. The patient has Obesity, Potassium - Low, Diarrhea, Nausea, Red Blood Cells Urine, Osteoarthritis Aggravated, Anxiety, Neck Stiffness, Increased Tendency To Bruise, Pain In Upper Right Quadrant, Adrenal Glands, Restless Legs Syndrome, Gastrointestinal Scan, Normetanephrine Urine Increased, Ferrous Ion, Muscle Enzyme Increased, Shortness Of Breath, Fatigue, Sweating - Excessive, High Blood Pressure, Headache, Flank Pain, Eczema Eyelids
Comments: I believe alot of my symptoms are related but after seeing 7 different specialists and them running many different tests I still don't have a diagnosis. Many of the tests are abnormal but nothing seems to fit completely together. My gastroenterologist is referring me to a surgeon for severe gastro ...
More related studies for: Azilect, Restless legs syndrome
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.