Home > Azithromycin > Constipation > Azithromycin and Constipation
Review: could Azithromycin cause Constipation?
We study 10,934 people who have side effects while taking Azithromycin from FDA and social media. Among them, 316 have Constipation. Find out below who they are, when they have Constipation and more.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who take Azithromycin and have Constipation >>>
Azithromycin (latest outcomes from 12,336 users) has active ingredients of azithromycin. It is often used in sinusitis.
Constipation (latest reports from 514,264 patients) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, pain, high blood pressure, depression, high blood cholesterol.
On Oct, 13, 2014: 10,923 people reported to have side effects when taking Azithromycin. Among them, 316 people (2.89%) have Constipation.
Time on Azithromycin when people have Constipation * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Constipation when taking Azithromycin * :
Age of people who have Constipation when taking Azithromycin * :
Severity of Constipation when taking Azithromycin ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Constipation ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Breast cancer metastatic (42 people, 13.29%)
- Hypercalcaemia (32 people, 10.13%)
- Pain (31 people, 9.81%)
- Breast cancer (29 people, 9.18%)
- Depression (23 people, 7.28%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Zometa (127 people, 40.19%)
- Ambien (103 people, 32.59%)
- Aspirin (94 people, 29.75%)
- Prednisone (93 people, 29.43%)
- Lipitor (84 people, 26.58%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Constipation while taking Azithromycin?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Azithromycin and have Constipation
- support group for people who take Azithromycin
- support group for people who have Constipation
Comments from related studies:
From this study (2 years ago):
I am constipated on the third day of use today, there was very slight blood in stool yesterday.
Also I am unusually passing a lot more gas on third day.
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Azithromycin, Constipation
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- I need advise, badly ckd!!
The orthostatic BP started in mid April, I was only dizzy upon wakening then it would subside. I have never been a big breakfast eater so I started doing that. We were in Disney later in April and I was extremely fatigued, to the point of not wanting to walk, Disney would be the first time I passe ...
- Trying to figure out my diagnosis . no doctor can figure it out
I have been having these fainting spells since I was 12 .. It starts with lower abdominal pain followed by feeling light headed then I black out and my body shakes kind of like a seizure but last a few seconds then I come to ..then I feel nausea and also I have chills
- Azithromycin side effect skin hyperpigmentation
My 6-year-old daughter took 5-day course azithromycin 3 times in 5 months for sinus infections. Do not recall exactly when hyperpigmentation began appearing all over front of neck, but definitely by the 3rd month after initial dose, with subsequent darkening upon taking two more prescriptions within ...
More reviews for: Azithromycin, Constipation
On eHealthMe, Azithromycin (azithromycin) is often used for sinusitis. Find out below the conditions Azithromycin is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Azithromycin used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Vitamin D, Atorvastatin Calcium, Methadone Hydrochloride, Indomethacin for a 39-year old woman who has High Blood Cholesterol, Pain, Gout (17 minutes ago)
- Haloperidol for a 61-year old woman who has Generalised Anxiety Disorder (33 minutes ago)
- Iron Dextran, Vitamin B12, Methadone Hydrochloride, Venlafaxine Hydrochloride, Nuvigil for a 46-year old woman who has Anemia, Anemia - B12 Deficiency, Neuropathy, Depression, Narcolepsy (1 hour ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Vitamin D and Painful Response To Normal Stimuli
- Toe Swelling and Indomethacin
- Toe Swelling and Gout
- Methadone Hydrochloride and Toe Swelling
- Toe Swelling and Pain
Recent user comments
- "Diagnosed with Gout about 5 weeks ago,Prescribed Indo ... " (19 minutes ago)
- "I did call my doctors office about it and they deny k ... " (4 hours ago)
- "I have been experiencing some chest discomfort on and ... " (8 hours ago)
- Sneddon's Syndrome
- Periodic Limb Movement Disorder
- Shy Drager Syndrome