Home > Azithromycin > Immune system disorder > Azithromycin and Immune system disorder
Review: could Azithromycin cause Immune system disorder?
Summary: Immune system disorder is found among people who take Azithromycin, especially for people who are female, 40-49 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Seroquel, and have Respiratory disorder.
We study 10,934 people who have side effects while taking Azithromycin from FDA and social media. Among them, 10 have Immune system disorder. Find out below who they are, when they have Immune system disorder and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Azithromycin and have Immune system disorder >>>
Azithromycin (latest outcomes from 12,339 users) has active ingredients of azithromycin. It is often used in sinusitis.
Immune system disorder
Immune system disorder (latest reports from 14,437 patients) has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, rheumatoid arthritis, osteoporosis, high blood pressure, hepatitis c.
On Nov, 1, 2014: 10,934 people reported to have side effects when taking Azithromycin. Among them, 10 people (0.09%) have Immune System Disorder.
Time on Azithromycin when people have Immune system disorder * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Immune system disorder||100.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Immune system disorder when taking Azithromycin * :
|Immune system disorder||61.54%||38.46% |
Age of people who have Immune system disorder when taking Azithromycin * :
|Immune system disorder||10.00%||0.00%||0.00%||10.00%||10.00%||40.00%||10.00%||20.00% |
Severity of Immune system disorder when taking Azithromycin ** :
How people recovered from Immune system disorder ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Respiratory disorder (4 people, 40.00%)
- Smoking cessation therapy (4 people, 40.00%)
- Tremor (4 people, 40.00%)
- Ill-defined disorder (2 people, 20.00%)
- Toothache (1 people, 10.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Seroquel (4 people, 40.00%)
- Klonopin (4 people, 40.00%)
- Serevent (4 people, 40.00%)
- Albuterol (4 people, 40.00%)
- Atrovent (4 people, 40.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Immune System Disorder while taking Azithromycin?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Azithromycin and have Immune System Disorder
- support group for people who take Azithromycin
- support group for people who have Immune System Disorder
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Can 100mg doxycycline hyclate be taken at the same time with zithromax?
(Asked by a 63 year old man who has Lyme Disease - Early Disseminated, Strep Throat, and takes Azithromycin, Doxycycline Hyclate)
Patient was bitten by a deer tick and is taking doxycycline as preventive measure. A throat infection is developing for which the doxycycline seems to have no effect, though azithromycin has proven rapidly effective in the past. Should the doxycycline be discontinued during the azithromycin cycle? ...
- Do i need to temporarily stop taking my enbrel and methotrexate (that i take every week) while i am on azithromycin for severe cold symptoms?
(Asked by a 47 year old woman who has Rheumatoid Arthritis, and takes Dexamethasone, Tussicaps, Azithromycin, Methotrexate, Enbrel)
i have RA and take Enbrel and methotrexate every week. i am currently taking azithromycin, tussicaps and dexamethasone to treat a severe cold, cough, sore throat, etc. My question is should i stop taking the ra meds until my antibiotics and steroids are done? Or should i just continue as normal, don ...
- Are the drugs listed safe to take?
(Asked by a 83 year old woman who has Mycobacterium Avium Complex, and takes Azithromycin, Mycobutin, Ethambutol Hydrochloride)
will these drugs cure or stop the bacterial growth in the lungs?
- Did the gum disease go away after stopping azithromycin? how long
(Asked by a 50 year old woman who has Pain Tendersness Swelling To Gums, and takes Azithromycin)
I started taking azithromycin 250mg 5 days ago for sinisitis and about 3 days ago I noticed my gums starting to get tender and it's up to taking Motrin every 6 hours to keep the pain at bay. Gums are slightly swollen and slightly red. The pain is the biggest problem.
- What to do i am an ms patient having asd large secundum
(Asked by a 30 year old man who has Heavy Headed, Restlessness, Immune System Disorder, Impotence, Headache)
i am 30 years old.
jobless from last two years so always think about my health.
More questions for: Azithromycin, Immune system disorder
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Adverse effect of azithromycin
(Posted by a 47 year old man who has Follicuitis, and takes Azithromycin)
patients immunesystem showed very bad response to azithromycin adminstered as 1000mg per day 3 days and then 1000mg once a week for 6 weeks -
a previously chronic sinuitis flared up as did a over 30 year old infection in a broken toe -
dicillin was given for 10 days 3000mg per day / 1000mg 3 t ...
- Azithromycin side effect skin hyperpigmentation
(Posted by a 6 year old girl who has Skin Hyperpigmentation, and takes Azithromycin)
My 6-year-old daughter took 5-day course azithromycin 3 times in 5 months for sinus infections. Do not recall exactly when hyperpigmentation began appearing all over front of neck, but definitely by the 3rd month after initial dose, with subsequent darkening upon taking two more prescriptions within ...
More reviews for: Azithromycin, Immune system disorder
- A study of side effects of Azithromycin for a patient with Folliculitis. The patient has
Comments: did not have any good effect on the condition it was supposed to treat - i.e. folliculitis adversely it had detrimental effect on patients immune-system and chronic infections of the sinuses and a 30 year old infection of a toe showed their presence
- A study of side effects of Azithromycin for a patient with Chlamydial Infection. The patient has Vaginal Discharge
Comments: I'm 23 and pregnant & I was diagnosed with Chlymidia & prescribed Azithromycin by my OBGYN. As soon as I started taking the medicine brown discharge started appearing. It smells like normal discharge & nothing it bloody. I was just wondering of its the infection cleaning itself out.
- A study of drug interactions between Zithromax, Prednisone for a patient with Sinusitis, Sinus Pain. The patient has One Day Of Severe Diarrhea, Followed By Two Days With Fairly Large Amount Of Blood In Stool
Comments: Started with terrible cold virus almost five weeks ago - left sinus area completely blocked for three weeks, Doctor prescribed antibiotic (for 10 days) and prednisone (for 5 days) on day 4 felt worse than ever, called and he switched antibiotic to z-pack (5 days) skipped one day of prednisone (on ...
- A study of drug interactions between Advair Diskus 250/50, Azithromycin for a patient with Viral Pneumonia. The patient has Pain In Jaw
Comments: I was recently diagnosed with pneumonia. Ive been sick for over a week but receiving treatment for 2 days. For a day and a half my right bottom jaw is sore to the touch. Like someone punched me. Mostly when I touch it but a little when I move it around.
- A study of drug interactions between Metronidazole, Azithromycin for a patient with Vaginitis Bacterial, Gonorrhea. The patient has Missed Periods
Comments: Had sex may 28. Had period June 5. Diagonsed with BV June 11 began metronidazole 500 mg tablets 2 times a day for 7 days. Diagnosed with gonorrhea June 16 and took 2 gram dose of azrithromycin. No sex throughout June. Now period is late.
More related studies for: Azithromycin, Immune system disorder
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent mobile support groups
- Avocado and Nocturnal Emission
- Isentress and Gynecomastia
- Hair Loss and Liver Abscess
- Dizziness and Trileptal
- Seizures and Dizziness
- Did you have a heart fibrillations and anxiety and depression
I was a pretty calm and relaxed person until I started ome ... (4 hours ago)
- Can i take melatonin if i take prograf?
I take Prograf to prevent organ rejection in a liver trans ... (11 hours ago)
- What medication can i add to viibryd
Answer: I have, ADHD, depression, anxiety and recently diagnosed w ... (15 hours ago)
Recent user reviews
- A really bad day ritalin+orange juice
I took Ritaline, then Orange juice. I couldn't do my exam ... (11 hours ago)
- Tingling feet and hands
I have used flagyl 3 times and after stopping the use of t ... (16 hours ago)
- Urea urine increased while taking topamax
I was on Topamax to lose weight. It worked for me, I lost ... (3 days ago)