Home > Azithromycin > Interstitial lung disease > Azithromycin and Interstitial lung disease
Review: could Azithromycin cause Interstitial lung disease?
Summary: Interstitial lung disease is found among people who take Azithromycin, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Furosemide, and have Arrhythmia.
We study 10,934 people who have side effects while taking Azithromycin from FDA and social media. Among them, 39 have Interstitial lung disease. Find out below who they are, when they have Interstitial lung disease and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Azithromycin and have Interstitial lung disease >>>
Azithromycin (latest outcomes from 12,339 users) has active ingredients of azithromycin. It is often used in sinusitis.
Interstitial lung disease
Interstitial lung disease (latest reports from 118,653 patients) has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, high blood pressure, lung cancer - non-small cell, osteoporosis, prostate cancer.
On Nov, 1, 2014: 10,934 people reported to have side effects when taking Azithromycin. Among them, 39 people (0.36%) have Interstitial Lung Disease.
Time on Azithromycin when people have Interstitial lung disease * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Interstitial lung disease||100.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Interstitial lung disease when taking Azithromycin * :
|Interstitial lung disease||66.67%||33.33% |
Age of people who have Interstitial lung disease when taking Azithromycin * :
|Interstitial lung disease||0.00%||0.00%||2.86%||5.71%||17.14%||11.43%||11.43%||51.43% |
Severity of Interstitial lung disease when taking Azithromycin ** :
How people recovered from Interstitial lung disease ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Arrhythmia (6 people, 15.38%)
- Pneumonia (5 people, 12.82%)
- Reflux oesophagitis (4 people, 10.26%)
- Pharyngitis (3 people, 7.69%)
- Bronchitis (3 people, 7.69%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Furosemide (14 people, 35.90%)
- Prednisone (11 people, 28.21%)
- Lasix (10 people, 25.64%)
- Nexium (9 people, 23.08%)
- Ambien (9 people, 23.08%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Interstitial Lung Disease while taking Azithromycin?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Azithromycin and have Interstitial Lung Disease
- support group for people who take Azithromycin
- support group for people who have Interstitial Lung Disease
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Can 100mg doxycycline hyclate be taken at the same time with zithromax?
(Asked by a 63 year old man who has Lyme Disease - Early Disseminated, Strep Throat, and takes Azithromycin, Doxycycline Hyclate)
Patient was bitten by a deer tick and is taking doxycycline as preventive measure. A throat infection is developing for which the doxycycline seems to have no effect, though azithromycin has proven rapidly effective in the past. Should the doxycycline be discontinued during the azithromycin cycle? ...
- Do i need to temporarily stop taking my enbrel and methotrexate (that i take every week) while i am on azithromycin for severe cold symptoms?
(Asked by a 47 year old woman who has Rheumatoid Arthritis, and takes Dexamethasone, Tussicaps, Azithromycin, Methotrexate, Enbrel)
i have RA and take Enbrel and methotrexate every week. i am currently taking azithromycin, tussicaps and dexamethasone to treat a severe cold, cough, sore throat, etc. My question is should i stop taking the ra meds until my antibiotics and steroids are done? Or should i just continue as normal, don ...
- Are the drugs listed safe to take?
(Asked by a 83 year old woman who has Mycobacterium Avium Complex, and takes Azithromycin, Mycobutin, Ethambutol Hydrochloride)
will these drugs cure or stop the bacterial growth in the lungs?
- Did the gum disease go away after stopping azithromycin? how long
(Asked by a 50 year old woman who has Pain Tendersness Swelling To Gums, and takes Azithromycin)
I started taking azithromycin 250mg 5 days ago for sinisitis and about 3 days ago I noticed my gums starting to get tender and it's up to taking Motrin every 6 hours to keep the pain at bay. Gums are slightly swollen and slightly red. The pain is the biggest problem.
- Stem cell treatment for radiation heart disease?
(Asked by a 61 year old woman who has Radiation Exposure, Hodgkin's Disease, Breast Cancer Female, Heart Valve Calcification, Pleural Effusion, Pulmonary Fibrosis, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Pneumonia, and takes Synthroid, Singulair, Azithromycin)
I'm trying to find ways to improve my heart valve function, as surgical repair has a low prognosis. This is because the cardiac skeleton is calcified and that means there is nothing to sew replacement valves to.
Does anyone have info about use of stem cells for this? Thanks for any info.
More questions for: Azithromycin, Interstitial lung disease
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Adverse effect of azithromycin
(Posted by a 47 year old man who has Follicuitis, and takes Azithromycin)
patients immunesystem showed very bad response to azithromycin adminstered as 1000mg per day 3 days and then 1000mg once a week for 6 weeks -
a previously chronic sinuitis flared up as did a over 30 year old infection in a broken toe -
dicillin was given for 10 days 3000mg per day / 1000mg 3 t ...
- Azithromycin side effect skin hyperpigmentation
(Posted by a 6 year old girl who has Skin Hyperpigmentation, and takes Azithromycin)
My 6-year-old daughter took 5-day course azithromycin 3 times in 5 months for sinus infections. Do not recall exactly when hyperpigmentation began appearing all over front of neck, but definitely by the 3rd month after initial dose, with subsequent darkening upon taking two more prescriptions within ...
More reviews for: Azithromycin, Interstitial lung disease
- A study of side effects of Azithromycin for a patient with Folliculitis. The patient has
Comments: did not have any good effect on the condition it was supposed to treat - i.e. folliculitis adversely it had detrimental effect on patients immune-system and chronic infections of the sinuses and a 30 year old infection of a toe showed their presence
- A study of side effects of Azithromycin for a patient with Chlamydial Infection. The patient has Vaginal Discharge
Comments: I'm 23 and pregnant & I was diagnosed with Chlymidia & prescribed Azithromycin by my OBGYN. As soon as I started taking the medicine brown discharge started appearing. It smells like normal discharge & nothing it bloody. I was just wondering of its the infection cleaning itself out.
- A study of drug interactions between Rocephin, Azithromycin for a patient with Bronchopneumonia. The patient has Pink Eye, Rales, Wheezing, Chills, Fatigue
Comments: Dx'd 1mo ago
- A study of side effects of Azithromycin for a patient with Pneumonia Bacterial. The patient has Low Blood Sugar (low blood sugar cause seizures)
Comments: shaky, weak, stomach upset, moody within an hour or two after eating. Eating something will help for a very short time
- A study of drug interactions between Zithromax, Prednisone for a patient with Sinusitis, Sinus Pain. The patient has One Day Of Severe Diarrhea, Followed By Two Days With Fairly Large Amount Of Blood In Stool
Comments: Started with terrible cold virus almost five weeks ago - left sinus area completely blocked for three weeks, Doctor prescribed antibiotic (for 10 days) and prednisone (for 5 days) on day 4 felt worse than ever, called and he switched antibiotic to z-pack (5 days) skipped one day of prednisone (on ...
More related studies for: Azithromycin, Interstitial lung disease
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent mobile support groups
- Nortriptyline and Xanax
- Mucinex Dm and Bystolic
- Heart Palpitations and Excedrin
- Multiple Sclerosis and Aspergillosis
- Feeding tube complications flomax
Has anyone on feeding tube taken Flomax. Any complication ... (12 hours ago)
- What side effects do you experience from sulpfasalazine?
Answer: My hair falls out too, but it was falling out before I was ... (17 hours ago)
- Feeling dizziness in the morning. is it due to glaucoma
Since 3 days I am feeling dizziness in the morning for abo ... (1 day ago)
Recent user reviews
- Urea urine increased while taking topamax
I was on Topamax to lose weight. It worked for me, I lost ... (1 day ago)
- Jaw pain with avastin
My sister is currently taking Avastin and after each treat ... (1 day ago)
- Lipitor weight loss/ lisinipril ed issue
Response: Do Not, I repeat Do Not take Lipitor!!! I was on 20mg for ... (2 days ago)
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Indomethacin for a 30-year old woman who has Pleurisy (44 minutes ago)
- Norvasc, Calcium Carbonate, Famotidine And Magnesium Hydroxide, Celexa, Clozapine, Lotrimin, Enalapril Maleate, Simvastatin, Lovenox, Albuterol, Lorazepam, Meropenem, Nystatin, Zofran, Oxytocin, Quetiapine Fumarate, Vancomycin Hydrochloride for a 68-year old man who has Hypertension, Unknown, Depression, Anxiety Disorder, Blood Cholesterol Abnormal, Bedridden, Lung Disorder, Oral Thrush, Pain, Psychosis, Pneumonia Streptococcal (2 hours ago)
- Gabapentin for a 69-year old man who has Pain - Back (2 hours ago)