Home > Azithromycin > Nephrosis > Azithromycin and Nephrosis
Review: could Azithromycin cause Nephrosis (Nephrotic syndrome)?
We study 10,934 people who have side effects while taking Azithromycin from FDA and social media. Among them, 9 have Nephrosis. Find out below who they are, when they have Nephrosis and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Azithromycin and have Nephrosis >>>
Azithromycin (latest outcomes from 12,336 users) has active ingredients of azithromycin. It is often used in sinusitis.
Nephrosis (a kidney disease that causes the body to lose protein through the urine) (latest reports from 20,319 patients) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis, nephrotic syndrome, hepatitis c, hiv infection.
On Oct, 23, 2014: 10,923 people reported to have side effects when taking Azithromycin. Among them, 9 people (0.08%) have Nephrosis.
Time on Azithromycin when people have Nephrosis * :
Gender of people who have Nephrosis when taking Azithromycin * :
Age of people who have Nephrosis when taking Azithromycin * :
Severity of Nephrosis when taking Azithromycin ** :
How people recovered from Nephrosis ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypertension (1 people, 11.11%)
- Myelodysplastic syndrome (1 people, 11.11%)
- Bronchitis (1 people, 11.11%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Tacrolimus (6 people, 66.67%)
- Lantus (5 people, 55.56%)
- Simvastatin (4 people, 44.44%)
- Adalat (4 people, 44.44%)
- Cotrim (4 people, 44.44%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Nephrosis while taking Azithromycin?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Azithromycin and have Nephrosis
- support group for people who take Azithromycin
- support group for people who have Nephrosis
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
More questions for: Azithromycin, Nephrosis
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Adverse effect of azithromycin
patients immunesystem showed very bad response to azithromycin adminstered as 1000mg per day 3 days and then 1000mg once a week for 6 weeks -
a previously chronic sinuitis flared up as did a over 30 year old infection in a broken toe -
dicillin was given for 10 days 3000mg per day / 1000mg 3 t ...
- Rituxan mental changes
Within a month my daughter has had altered mental health symptoms such as confusion 'ADD symptoms' decrease in vision, trouble concentrating, frequent headaches and sharp head pain, forgetfulness, blanks out much more and 'feels off'
it has now been about 5 months since last rituxan
- Azithromycin side effect skin hyperpigmentation
My 6-year-old daughter took 5-day course azithromycin 3 times in 5 months for sinus infections. Do not recall exactly when hyperpigmentation began appearing all over front of neck, but definitely by the 3rd month after initial dose, with subsequent darkening upon taking two more prescriptions within ...
More reviews for: Azithromycin, Nephrosis
On eHealthMe, Azithromycin (azithromycin) is often used for sinusitis. Find out below the conditions Azithromycin is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Azithromycin used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
Related drug studies for: Azithromycin, Nephrosis
Recent Azithromycin related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Amoxicillin, Azithromycin for a 68-year old woman who has Bacterial Infection
- Comparions of Azithromycin, Bromhexine Hydrochloride for a 57-year old man who has Parapneumonic Pulmonary Effusion
- Comparions of Azithromycin, Bactrim for a 43-year old woman who has Acne
- Comparions of Azithromycin, Levofloxacin for a 53-year old man who has Haemophilus Infection
- Comparions of Azithromycin, Levofloxacin for a 57-year old man who has Bartonellosis
- Comparions of Azithromycin, Gentamicin Sulfate for a 28-year old man who has Infection - Kidney
- Comparions of Azithromycin, Advil Allergy Sinus, Benzonatate for a 13-year old boy who has Exercise - Colds And Flu
- Comparions of Ceftriaxone, Azithromycin for a 56-year old man who has Chlamydia
- Comparions of Metoprolol Tartrate, Plavix, Tekturna, Zithromax, Crestor for a 80-year old woman who has Heart MRI
- Comparions of Methylprednisolone, Azithromycin for a 20-year old woman who has Ear Infection
More related comparison studies for: Azithromycin, Nephrosis
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- B Complex Vitamin, Vitamin C, Lansoprazole, Chlorpheniramine Maleate, Ibuprofen, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride for a 57-year old woman who has Vitamin B2 Deficiency, Vitamin C Deficiency, Reflux Oesophagitis, Chronic Rhinitis, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, IBS (18 minutes ago)
- Compare Ambien Cr and Adderall Xr 20 and Effexor Xr for a 33-year old woman (42 minutes ago)
- Doxycycline for a 25-year old man who has Acne-like Skin Bumps (55 minutes ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Actemra and Depression
- Solu-medrol and Als
- Escitalopram and Burning Sensation
- Burning Sensation and Depression
Recent user comments
- "I gave myself 2 injections of Humira one on each thig ... " (4 hours ago)
- "Increase blood glucose while taking herceptin treatme ... " (5 hours ago)
- "It has been almost two months that abovementoined sym ... " (8 hours ago)
- Spiraeae Flos
- Enterobacter Pneumonia
- Stools Pale Or Clay Colored
- Chondroitin And Msm