Home > Azithromycin > Renal transplant > Azithromycin and Renal transplant
Review: could Azithromycin cause Renal transplant (Kidney transplant)?
We study 10,934 people who have side effects while taking Azithromycin from FDA and social media. Among them, 4 have Renal transplant. Find out below who they are, when they have Renal transplant and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Azithromycin and have Renal transplant >>>
Azithromycin (latest outcomes from 12,339 users) has active ingredients of azithromycin. It is often used in sinusitis.
Renal transplant (latest reports from 19,547 patients) has been reported by people with diabetes, fabry's disease, high blood pressure, anaemia, high blood cholesterol.
On Oct, 26, 2014: 10,923 people reported to have side effects when taking Azithromycin. Among them, 4 people (0.04%) have Renal Transplant.
Time on Azithromycin when people have Renal transplant * :
Gender of people who have Renal transplant when taking Azithromycin * :
|Renal transplant||25.00%||75.00% |
Age of people who have Renal transplant when taking Azithromycin * :
|Renal transplant||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Severity of Renal transplant when taking Azithromycin ** :
How people recovered from Renal transplant ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Fungal infection (2 people, 50.00%)
- Gout (2 people, 50.00%)
- Prophylaxis (2 people, 50.00%)
- Diabetes mellitus (2 people, 50.00%)
- Blood pressure (2 people, 50.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Lisinopril (4 people, 100.00%)
- Felodipine (3 people, 75.00%)
- Fluconazole (3 people, 75.00%)
- Glyburide (3 people, 75.00%)
- Colchicine (3 people, 75.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Renal Transplant while taking Azithromycin?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Azithromycin and have Renal Transplant
- support group for people who take Azithromycin
- support group for people who have Renal Transplant
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Can 100mg doxycycline hyclate be taken at the same time with zithromax?
(Asked by a 63 year old man who has Lyme Disease - Early Disseminated, Strep Throat, and takes Azithromycin, Doxycycline Hyclate)
Patient was bitten by a deer tick and is taking doxycycline as preventive measure. A throat infection is developing for which the doxycycline seems to have no effect, though azithromycin has proven rapidly effective in the past. Should the doxycycline be discontinued during the azithromycin cycle? ...
- Do i need to temporarily stop taking my enbrel and methotrexate (that i take every week) while i am on azithromycin for severe cold symptoms?
(Asked by a 47 year old woman who has Rheumatoid Arthritis, and takes Dexamethasone, Tussicaps, Azithromycin, Methotrexate, Enbrel)
i have RA and take Enbrel and methotrexate every week. i am currently taking azithromycin, tussicaps and dexamethasone to treat a severe cold, cough, sore throat, etc. My question is should i stop taking the ra meds until my antibiotics and steroids are done? Or should i just continue as normal, don ...
- Are the drugs listed safe to take?
(Asked by a 83 year old woman who has Mycobacterium Avium Complex, and takes Azithromycin, Mycobutin, Ethambutol Hydrochloride)
will these drugs cure or stop the bacterial growth in the lungs?
- Did the gum disease go away after stopping azithromycin? how long
(Asked by a 50 year old woman who has Pain Tendersness Swelling To Gums, and takes Azithromycin)
I started taking azithromycin 250mg 5 days ago for sinisitis and about 3 days ago I noticed my gums starting to get tender and it's up to taking Motrin every 6 hours to keep the pain at bay. Gums are slightly swollen and slightly red. The pain is the biggest problem.
- Stem cell treatment for radiation heart disease?
(Asked by a 61 year old woman who has Radiation Exposure, Hodgkin's Disease, Breast Cancer Female, Heart Valve Calcification, Pleural Effusion, Pulmonary Fibrosis, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Pneumonia, and takes Synthroid, Singulair, Azithromycin)
I'm trying to find ways to improve my heart valve function, as surgical repair has a low prognosis. This is because the cardiac skeleton is calcified and that means there is nothing to sew replacement valves to.
Does anyone have info about use of stem cells for this? Thanks for any info.
More questions for: Azithromycin, Renal transplant
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Adverse effect of azithromycin
(Posted by a 47 year old man who has Follicuitis, and takes Azithromycin)
patients immunesystem showed very bad response to azithromycin adminstered as 1000mg per day 3 days and then 1000mg once a week for 6 weeks -
a previously chronic sinuitis flared up as did a over 30 year old infection in a broken toe -
dicillin was given for 10 days 3000mg per day / 1000mg 3 t ...
- Azithromycin side effect skin hyperpigmentation
(Posted by a 6 year old girl who has Skin Hyperpigmentation, and takes Azithromycin)
My 6-year-old daughter took 5-day course azithromycin 3 times in 5 months for sinus infections. Do not recall exactly when hyperpigmentation began appearing all over front of neck, but definitely by the 3rd month after initial dose, with subsequent darkening upon taking two more prescriptions within ...
- Low platelet blood count
(Posted by a 15 year old boy who has Transplant - Kidney, Low Platelet Blood Count, and takes Prograf, Mycophenolate Mofetil, Prednisone)
Kidney transplant had been performed 10 years ago.Mycophenolate mofetil was introduced 5 years ago to replace azathioprine.It has caused various undesirable side effects like severe diarrhea,nausea,nose and gum bleeding and low platelet count.Most of them were reduced as soon as the dose decreased e ...
- Suicide attempted at first then sadly completed from prograf
(Posted by a 50 year old woman who has Transplant - Kidney, and takes Prograf)
The mother of my 12 year old son had a very successful career and recently received her 3rd kidney transplant after the previous kidney which lasted over 20 years had eventually succumbed to a chronic kidney disease. She had a very successful career as an RN and then a Nurse Anesthetist. Had a brigh ...
- Suicide by gunshot standing in a cold creek during a prograf episode
(Posted by a 50 year old woman who has Kidney Transplant, and takes Prograf)
My ex-wife who dearly dearly loved our 12 year old son and did all she could for him every spare minute of every day and had a very very succesful career as a nurse anesthetist until she started taking Prograf and went on leave a month ago after driving her jeep into a creek imagining that a bridge ...
More reviews for: Azithromycin, Renal transplant
- A study of side effects of Azithromycin for a patient with Pneumonia Bacterial. The patient has Difficulty Breathing
Comments: pneumonia gone but muscle pain in lower back and kidney area is intense---and-is making walking very painful------last year I was given Levaquen for a kidney infection-----infection cleared up but left me with shoulder, arm, and back pain that took 6 months to get over-----my feeling for the future ...
- A study of drug interactions between Doxycycline, Azithromycin for a patient with Lyme Disease, Bronchitis. The patient has Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
Comments: I have so many side effects that chronic fatigue seems simplistic. Almost every cell in my body has been damaged. I have seen over 20 doctors since my cascade of symptoms started (13years ago). They all play dumb, tell me my problem is not in their specialty, or offer me antidepressants. Yet whe ...
- A study of side effects of Azithromycin for a patient with Pneumonia. The patient has Azithromycin
Comments: Was given 6,000 mg of Azithromcyn took for 6 days 6 days of 500mg each day and 3 days of 1,000mg single dose each day.
Becae very ill tremendous chest pains, thought I was having a heart attack.
Had a church member take me to the hospital ER, at one point told him to her that I did not think ...
- A study of side effects of Azithromycin for a patient with Bronchitis Chronic. The patient has Cardizem Cd, Patient Only Has One Kidney (age 73), Cardiac Fibrillation (uncontrolled muscle contraction of heart), Atrial Fibrillation Aggravated (fibrillation of the muscles of the atria of the heart)
Comments: Patient haad atrial arhythmias and hypertension controlled with medication until prescribed Azithromycin on Dec 31; Patient called attention to physician and pharmacist concern because of the other regular medications; both physcian and pharmacist replied, it is onnly for 5 days. During the months ...
More related studies for: Azithromycin, Renal transplant
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent mobile support groups
- Gastritis and Hypothyroidism
- Tramadol Hydrochloride and Uterine Fibroids
- What would be alternative for oxycontin 10 mg tablets?
Urine retention , I wake up with chronic pain in my lower ... (2 hours ago)
- What medication can i add to viibryd
Answer: You posted almost a year ago but I would suggest you ask y ... (13 hours ago)
- Can implanon cause breast cysts and could they be cancerous?
Answer: Very interesting that this pertinent question is not being ... (16 hours ago)
Recent user reviews
- Tingling feet and hands
I have used flagyl 3 times and after stopping the use of t ... (46 minutes ago)
- Urea urine increased while taking topamax
I was on Topamax to lose weight. It worked for me, I lost ... (2 days ago)
- Jaw pain with avastin
My sister is currently taking Avastin and after each treat ... (2 days ago)
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Savella, Synthroid, Ethiodol, Percocet, Vistaril, Klonopin, Flexeril, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride for a 44-year old woman who has Fibromyoma, Post Procedural Hypothyroidism, Post Hyterecetomy, Pain, Itching, Fibromyalgia (39 minutes ago)
- Compare Cellcept and Prograf and Rapamune for a 50-year old woman (43 minutes ago)
- Gymnema Sylvestre for a 72-year old man who has High Blood Sugar (1 hour ago)