Review: could Azithromycin cause Toothache (Toothaches)?
Summary: Toothache is found among people who take Azithromycin, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Zometa, and have Neoplasm malignant.
We study 10,940 people who have side effects while taking Azithromycin from FDA and social media. Among them, 111 have Toothache. Find out below who they are, when they have Toothache and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Azithromycin and have Toothache >>>
Azithromycin has active ingredients of azithromycin. It is often used in sinusitis. (latest outcomes from Azithromycin 12,345 users)
Toothache (tooth pain) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, metastases to bone, multiple myeloma, rheumatoid arthritis, high blood pressure.(latest reports from Toothache 8,869 patients)
On Nov, 26, 2014: 10,934 people reported to have side effects when taking Azithromycin. Among them, 111 people (1.02%) have Toothache.
Time on Azithromycin when people have Toothache * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Toothache when taking Azithromycin * :
Age of people who have Toothache when taking Azithromycin * :
Severity of Toothache when taking Azithromycin ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Toothache ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Neoplasm malignant (23 people, 20.72%)
- Breast cancer (22 people, 19.82%)
- Breast cancer metastatic (22 people, 19.82%)
- Hypercalcaemia (22 people, 19.82%)
- Metastases to bone (16 people, 14.41%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Zometa (100 people, 90.09%)
- Taxotere (57 people, 51.35%)
- Ambien (51 people, 45.95%)
- Protonix (51 people, 45.95%)
- Dexamethasone (50 people, 45.05%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Toothache while taking Azithromycin?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Azithromycin and have Toothache
- support group for people who take Azithromycin
- support group for people who have Toothache
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
More questions for: Azithromycin, Toothache
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Adverse effect of azithromycin
patients immunesystem showed very bad response to azithromycin adminstered as 1000mg per day 3 days and then 1000mg once a week for 6 weeks -
a previously chronic sinuitis flared up as did a over 30 year old infection in a broken toe -
dicillin was given for 10 days 3000mg per day / 1000mg 3 times daily - with good effect -
the patents journal shows evidence of similar occurence a decade ago when taking Klacid uno also of the macrolid family -
it appears macrolids can have severe adverse effect on some patients immunesystem
- Salonpas patch relieve my toothache
I used to slap Salonpas Plaster on my cheek in emergency before going to my dentist. So far, it did better to relieve my toothache. Simply wash my skin with soap and water and dry it well, then place the plaster on the aching spot and press it into the skin until it sticks. Based on my experience, this plaster should be worn for three days. In extreme cases, a second one may be applied. I always satisfied using this plaster
- Azithromycin side effect skin hyperpigmentation (1 response)
My 6-year-old daughter took 5-day course azithromycin 3 times in 5 months for sinus infections. Do not recall exactly when hyperpigmentation began appearing all over front of neck, but definitely by the 3rd month after initial dose, with subsequent darkening upon taking two more prescriptions within the 5 months. Disappeared after treating 1x/day for 2 days with aloe vera gel directly from the plant rubbed all over darkened areas; all hyperpigmentation scrubbed off with oatmeal/honey scrub on 3rd day. No recurrence until about 6 months later with minimal to moderate autumn sun exposure, recurrence all over front of neck again, even though never took azithromycin beyond the 3 prescriptions. About two weeks after this started, now entire side of one ankle is hyperpigmented. Very concerned how much more it will spread. Will up aloe vera gel application frequency in hopes to get rid of it. Stay away from this drug! It is definitely too new of a drug to be prescribing for kids!
More reviews for: Azithromycin, Toothache
Comments from related drug studies (Check your drugs):
- did not have any good effect on the condition it was supposed to treat - i.e. folliculitis adversely it had detrimental effect on patients immune-system and chronic infections of the sinuses and a 30 year old infection of a toe showed their presence
- I'm 23 and pregnant & I was diagnosed with Chlymidia & prescribed Azithromycin by my OBGYN. As soon as I started taking the medicine brown discharge started appearing. It smells like normal discharge & nothing it bloody. I was just wondering of its the infection cleaning itself out.
- Started with terrible cold virus almost five weeks ago - left sinus area completely blocked for three weeks, Doctor prescribed antibiotic (for 10 days) and prednisone (for 5 days) on day 4 felt worse than ever, called and he switched antibiotic to z-pack (5 days) skipped one day of prednisone (on ...
- I was recently diagnosed with pneumonia. Ive been sick for over a week but receiving treatment for 2 days. For a day and a half my right bottom jaw is sore to the touch. Like someone punched me. Mostly when I touch it but a little when I move it around.
- Had sex may 28. Had period June 5. Diagonsed with BV June 11 began metronidazole 500 mg tablets 2 times a day for 7 days. Diagnosed with gonorrhea June 16 and took 2 gram dose of azrithromycin. No sex throughout June. Now period is late.
More related studies for: Azithromycin, Toothache
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.