Review: could Azithromycin cause Upset stomach (Nausea and vomiting)?
Summary: Upset stomach is found among people who take Azithromycin, especially for people who are female, 20-29 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Aspirin, and have Birth control.
We study 10,949 people who have side effects while taking Azithromycin from FDA and social media. Among them, 196 have Upset stomach. Find out below who they are, when they have Upset stomach and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Azithromycin and have Upset stomach >>>
Azithromycin has active ingredients of azithromycin. It is often used in sinusitis. (latest outcomes from 12,357 Azithromycin users)
Upset stomach has been reported by people with high blood pressure, pain, depression, multiple sclerosis, rheumatoid arthritis. (latest reports from 142,490 Upset stomach patients)
On Mar, 3, 2015: 10,946 people reported to have side effects when taking Azithromycin. Among them, 693 people (6.33%) have Upset Stomach.
Time on Azithromycin when people have Upset stomach * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Upset stomach||86.11%||2.08%||3.47%||4.17%||0.69%||1.39%||2.08% |
Gender of people who have Upset stomach when taking Azithromycin * :
|Upset stomach||67.79%||32.21% |
Age of people who have Upset stomach when taking Azithromycin * :
|Upset stomach||0.30%||4.57%||12.33%||22.53%||9.44%||19.03%||10.81%||21.00% |
Severity of Upset stomach when taking Azithromycin ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Upset stomach||60.00%||30.00%||10.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Upset stomach ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Upset stomach||25.00%||0.00%||75.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Contraception (79 people, 11.40%)
- Pain (72 people, 10.39%)
- Hiv infection (66 people, 9.52%)
- Depression (45 people, 6.49%)
- Anxiety (33 people, 4.76%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (124 people, 17.89%)
- Albuterol (114 people, 16.45%)
- Yaz (108 people, 15.58%)
- Prednisone (107 people, 15.44%)
- Ibuprofen (101 people, 14.57%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of azithromycin and upset stomach on
Do you have Upset Stomach while taking Azithromycin?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Azithromycin and have Upset Stomach
- support group for people who take Azithromycin
- support group for people who have Upset Stomach
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Metronidazole, Azithromycin for a 27-year old woman with Bacterial Infection, Chlamydia. The patient has Mouth Dry Aggravated
- A study of drug interactions between Tamiflu, Albuterol Sulfate And Ipratropium Bromide, Nitrostat, Ondansetron, Oxycodone, Actemra, Nasonex, Spiriva, Victoza, Arava, Diovan Hct, Lipitor, Ranexa, Lantus Solostar, Wellbutrin Xl, Tricor, Carvedilol, Plavix, Xarelto for a 71-year old woman with Influenza B, Copd, Angina, Nausea And Vomiting, Pain, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Rhinitis, Diabetes Mellitus Inadequate Control, Hypertension, Hyperlipidemia, Diabetes Mellitus, Stop Smoking, Blood Clots. The patient has Shortness Of Breath, Neuropathy, Tinnitus, Loss Of Coordination, Lack Of Strength, Muscle Weakness, Weakness, Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness, Weight Loss, Appetite - Decreased, Diarrhea, Nausea And Vomiting
- A study of drug interactions between Azithromycin, Methylprednisolone for a 52-year old woman with Upper Respiratory Tract Infection, Upper Respiratory Tract Inflammation. The patient has High Blood Pressure, Back Pain - Low, Diarrhea Associated With Medications, Insomnia, Headache - Migraine Without Aura
- A study of drug interactions between Dicyclomine Hydrochloride, Dilaudid, Albuterol, Dronabinol, Cyproheptadine Hydrochloride, Tramadol, Phenergan for a 45-year old woman with Pain - Abdomen, Gerd, Increased Appetite, Nausea, Pain, Nausea And Vomiting. The patient has Nausea And Vomiting
- A study of side effects of Ceftriaxone for a 77-year old woman with Infection - Kidney. The patient has Nausea And Vomiting, Elevated Liver Enzymes (high liver enzymes), Liver Cirrhosis (end result of chronic liver damage caused by chronic liver disease), Emboli (a blood clot, air bubble, piece of fatty deposit, or other object that has been carried in the bloodstream), Gallstones (stone formation by bile component)
Recent Azithromycin related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.