Review: could B complex vitamin cause Tension headaches (Tension headache)?
Summary: Tension headaches is reported only by a few people who take B complex vitamin.
We study 309 people who have side effects while taking B complex vitamin from FDA and social media. Among them, 2 have Tension headaches. Find out below who they are, when they have Tension headaches and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take B complex vitamin and have Tension headaches >>>
B complex vitamin
B complex vitamin has active ingredients of pantothenic acid (vitamin b5). It is often used in energy increased. (latest outcomes from B complex vitamin 472 users)
Tension headaches has been reported by people with depression, high blood pressure, osteoporosis, stress and anxiety, multiple sclerosis.(latest reports from Tension headaches 1,980 patients)
On Dec, 3, 2014: 300 people reported to have side effects when taking B complex vitamin. Among them, 2 people (0.67%) have Tension Headaches.
Time on B complex vitamin when people have Tension headaches * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Tension headaches||50.00%||50.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Tension headaches when taking B complex vitamin * :
|Tension headaches||50.00%||50.00% |
Age of people who have Tension headaches when taking B complex vitamin * :
|Tension headaches||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||50.00%||0.00%||0.00%||50.00% |
Severity of Tension headaches when taking B complex vitamin ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Tension headaches||50.00%||50.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Tension headaches ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Tension headaches||0.00%||100.00%||0.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypercholesterolemia (1 people, 50.00%)
- Fibromyalgia (1 people, 50.00%)
- Mixed hyperlipidaemia (1 people, 50.00%)
- Mood stabilizer (1 people, 50.00%)
- Depression (1 people, 50.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Glucosamine (1 people, 50.00%)
- Lipitor (1 people, 50.00%)
- Coq-10 (1 people, 50.00%)
- Omega-3 (1 people, 50.00%)
- Malic acid (1 people, 50.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Tension Headaches while taking B Complex Vitamin?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take B complex vitamin and have Tension Headaches
- support group for people who take B complex vitamin
- support group for people who have Tension Headaches
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Does plaquenil fade lupis discoid lesions? does plaquenil cause you to lose your hair? (1 answer)
(Asked by a 48 year old woman who has Lupus, and takes Plaquenil, Vitamin D, B Complex Vitamin, Biotin)
I have had lupus discoid for 30+ years and no am experiencing them on my face. I want to know if plaquenil will help me.
- Should i be concerned with my heart pounding really hard? (2 answers)
(Asked by a 43 year old woman who has Heart Pounding Or Racing, and takes Lisinopril, Cymbalta, Hydrocodone Compound, Pantothenic Acid (vitamin B5))
i just started taking lisinopril 4 days ago and on the first day i took it, my heart started pounding really hard but eventually went away. Now on the 4th day(today), i took it and the same thing happened. It comes and goes. So i'm not sure what the problem is, if it's a side effect or something els ...
- Can a cough develop after 5+ years of using the drug? (1 answer)
(Asked by a 70 year old woman who has Hypertension, and takes Amlodipine Besylate, Synthroid, B Complex Vitamin, Vitamin D, Cetirizine Hydrochloride)
My hypertension is under control but I have developed a persistant cough.
It is possible for Amlodipine Besylate being the cause of my cough after 5+ years of use?
- How can i cure groinn and testicular pain
(Asked by a 60 year old man who has Testicular And Groin Pain, Headache - Tension, Hoarseness Or Changing Voice, and takes Flomax, Aspirin)
I awoke suddenly in the middle of the night to urinate. Had intense groin pain could hardly lift my legs to walk. Intense pain went away in a few hours but now have lingeriing testicular and groin pain lasting 3 months.
- I have nightmares almost every night with thrashing and kicking...is this caused by my medications (1 answer)
(Asked by a 60 year old man who has Thrashing And Kicking Nightmares, and takes Trazodone Hydrochloride, Prozac, Ginkgo Biloba, Hydralazine Hydrochloride, Lisinopril, Amlodipine, Terazosin Hydrochloride, Potassium Chloride, Beta Glucans, Ashwagandha, Garlic Oil, Magnesium Sulfate, Vitamin C, Coenzyme Q10, Ginseng, Melatonin, Salmon Oil, Slo-Niacin, Zinc Sulfate, Probiotic, Glycine, Grape Seed, Chromium Picolinate, SEANOL, Iron EDTA, Vitamin D, B Complex Vitamin, Multivitamin)
Diagnosed with sleep apnea 2 years ago and uses a C-pap machine every night.
More questions for: B complex vitamin, Tension headaches
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Cfs/fibro, migraine
(Posted by a 49 year old woman who has GI Disorders, Cognitive Deterioration, Migraine With Aura, Neck Pain, Fibromyalgia, CFS, and takes Chantix, Probiotics, Milk Thistle, Black Cohosh, B Complex Vitamin, Vitamin E, Vitamin D, Omega 3, Xanax, Topamax, Ambien, Armour Thyroid, Ms Contin, Fentanyl-25)
A strange thing happened when I started taking the Chantix for my smoking cessation...
MY MIGRAINES AND TENSION HEADACHES WENT AWAY!!!
As horrible as they were, and as bad as I have prayed for them to go away, I did not even notice that I didn't have the excruciating headaches anymore!!
I stop ...
More reviews for: B complex vitamin, Tension headaches
- A study of drug interactions between Fish Oil Fatty Acid, Vitamin B1, Vitamin B12, B Complex Vitamin for a patient with Muscle Atrophy. The patient has Paresis, Nerve Conduction Studies Abnormal, Fasciculations Of Muscle, Muscle Atrophy
Comments: My right hand started showing problems in late 2005, I was losing mobility (at the age of 30 back then), especially in my thumb, with pronounced fasciculations, without any injury.
I was referred to a neurological clinic. There I did all the neurological exams. MRI both with and without contrast ...
- A study of drug interactions between Lamotrigine, Vyvanse for a patient with Bipolar Disorder, Adhd. The patient has Headache - Tension, Stomach Pain, Irritability, Sexual Dysfunction, Anxiety, Depression
Comments: I feel that i get depressed and anxiety when the medication wears off. Also the irritability does too. My biggest concern is the sexual dysfunction. I've been taking both medications for about a week now and its the first time I've experienced it. I cant even get myself hard and i feel that my penis ...
- A study of side effects of B Complex Vitamin for a patient with Ciprofloxacin. The patient has Fever
Comments: started on 15th Sep2014 with mild Fever, running/congested nose, body ache.
Diagnoised as Thypoid on 29Sep 2014, took cefixime+afloxacin tablet for three days.
Moved on to Ciproflaxcin I V, then Afloxacin, after all these no improvement found.
Now increased fever 102'F, heavy body pain, chilled p ...
- A study of side effects of Effexor for a patient with Depression. The patient has Sweating - Excessive (abnormally increased sweating), Slow Heart Beat, Bruising Easily And Large Bruises, Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness (feeling of tiredness), Short-term Memory Loss, Abnormal Dreams, Visual Impairment, Weight Gain - Unintentional, Headache - Tension (head pain due to tension), Pain, Achilles Tendonitis (sharp pain anywhere along the back of the tendon), Pain - Ankle, Knee Pain, Pain - Hip, Low Back Pain, Crepitations (noises are produced by the rubbing of parts one against the other), Joint Stiffness
Comments: Always had some low back pain and hip click on right side without pain, worsened with Effexor in past few months. Only on right side with knee pain now and crepitus in knee. Thigh pain in right side to knee and now radiating to right ankle (inner) and Achilles. Fatigue worsened and lack motivation ...
- A study of drug interactions between Amphetamine Salt Combo, Ribasphere, Sovaldi for a patient with ADHD, Hepatitis C. The patient has Eye Pain, Neck Swelling, Tension Headaches, Neck Pain
Comments: I have a herniated disc in my lower back since I was 12. I've hard shoulder pain most of my adult life and neck stiffness but no bulging disc nor herniated disc had been found in my neck. Since starting theSr medications my conditioned has become so bad I don't have to be doing any kind of work and ...
More related studies for: B complex vitamin, Tension headaches
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.