Review: could B complex vitamin cause Tension headaches (Tension headache)?
Summary: Tension headaches is reported only by a few people who take B complex vitamin.
We study 321 people who have side effects while taking B complex vitamin from FDA and social media. Among them, 2 have Tension headaches. Find out below who they are, when they have Tension headaches and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take B complex vitamin and have Tension headaches >>>
B complex vitamin
B Complex Vitamin has active ingredients of pantothenic acid (vitamin b5). It is often used in energy increased. (latest outcomes from 489 B Complex Vitamin users)
Tension headaches has been reported by people with depression, high blood pressure, osteoporosis, stress and anxiety, birth control. (latest reports from 2,012 Tension headaches patients)
On Apr, 8, 2015: 318 people reported to have side effects when taking B complex vitamin. Among them, 2 people (0.63%) have Tension Headaches.
Time on B complex vitamin when people have Tension headaches * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Tension headaches||50.00%||50.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Tension headaches when taking B complex vitamin * :
|Tension headaches||50.00%||50.00% |
Age of people who have Tension headaches when taking B complex vitamin * :
|Tension headaches||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||50.00%||0.00%||0.00%||50.00% |
Severity of Tension headaches when taking B complex vitamin ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Tension headaches||50.00%||50.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Tension headaches ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Tension headaches||0.00%||100.00%||0.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypercholesterolemia (1 people, 50.00%)
- Fibromyalgia (1 people, 50.00%)
- Mixed hyperlipidaemia (1 people, 50.00%)
- Mood stabilizer (1 people, 50.00%)
- Depression (1 people, 50.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Glucosamine (1 people, 50.00%)
- Lipitor (1 people, 50.00%)
- Coq-10 (1 people, 50.00%)
- Omega-3 (1 people, 50.00%)
- Malic acid (1 people, 50.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Tension Headaches while taking B Complex Vitamin?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take B complex vitamin and have Tension Headaches
- support group for people who take B complex vitamin
- support group for people who have Tension Headaches
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Pantothenic Acid, Metoprolol Succinate, Prednisone, Neoral for a 71-year old man with Suppliment, Treat High Blood Pressure, Prevent Rejection, Immunsupressive.
- A study of drug interactions between B Complex Vitamin, Vitamin D, Singulair, Estradiol, Losartan for a 48-year old woman with Vitamin D Decreased, Iga Deficiency, Asthma, Hysterectomy, Hypertension. The patient has Blood Alkaline Phosphatase Increased
- A study of drug interactions between Multivitamin, Magnesium, Calcium, B Complex Vitamin, Buspar, Lexapro for a 41-year old woman with Preventive Surgery, Anxiety. The patient has Panic Attacks, Anxiety
- A study of drug interactions between Probiotic, B Complex Vitamin, Fish Oil, Creon for a 48-year old woman with Abdominal Discomfort, Fatigue, High Blood Cholesterol, Pancreaticoduodenenctomy.
- A study of drug interactions between Phentermine, Effexor for a 43-year old woman with Weight Control, Anxiety. The patient has Sleep Issues, Tension Headaches, Skin Blushing/flushing, Itchy Spot On Face
Recent B complex vitamin related drug comparison:
- Comparions of B Complex Vitamin, Vitamin B12 for a 62-year old woman who has Parnate
- Comparions of B Complex Vitamin, Venlafaxine Hydrochloride for a 22-year old woman who has Major Depression
- Comparions of Vitamin C, Ferrous Citrate Fe 59, Penicillin, B Complex Vitamin, Ibuprofen for a 20-year old woman who has Anemia - B12 Deficiency
- Comparions of B Complex Vitamin, Simvastatin (Synthon Pharms) - 10MG, Metoprolol Tartrate (Sandoz) - 100MG, Lisinopril (Par Pharm) - 10MG, Warfarin Sodium (Taro) - 7.5MG for a 67-year old man who has Atrial Fibrillation
- Comparions of B Complex Vitamin, for a 19-year old boy who has Type 1 Diabetes Mellitus
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.