Review: could Baclofen cause Acute psychosis?
Summary: Acute psychosis is found among people who take Baclofen, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 2 years, also take medication Omeprazole, and have Multiple sclerosis.
We study 20,399 people who have side effects while taking Baclofen from FDA and social media. Among them, 24 have Acute psychosis. Find out below who they are, when they have Acute psychosis and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Baclofen and have Acute psychosis >>>
Baclofen has active ingredients of baclofen. It is often used in muscle spasms. (latest outcomes from 21,213 Baclofen users)
Acute psychosis (period of mentally unstable behaviour) has been reported by people with depression, schizophrenia, pain, psychotic disorder, hiv infection. (latest reports from 1,316 Acute psychosis patients)
On Mar, 28, 2015: 20,399 people reported to have side effects when taking Baclofen. Among them, 24 people (0.12%) have Acute Psychosis.
Time on Baclofen when people have Acute psychosis * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Acute psychosis||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Acute psychosis when taking Baclofen * :
|Acute psychosis||87.50%||12.50% |
Age of people who have Acute psychosis when taking Baclofen * :
|Acute psychosis||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||4.35%||13.04%||34.78%||43.48%||4.35% |
Severity of Acute psychosis when taking Baclofen ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Acute psychosis||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
How people recovered from Acute psychosis ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Acute psychosis||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Multiple sclerosis (5 people, 20.83%)
- Tremor (4 people, 16.67%)
- Osteoporosis (3 people, 12.50%)
- Depression (2 people, 8.33%)
- Bipolar disorder (1 people, 4.17%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Omeprazole (7 people, 29.17%)
- Mefenamic acid (7 people, 29.17%)
- Clomipramine hcl (7 people, 29.17%)
- Lithium carbonate (7 people, 29.17%)
- Levothyroxine sodium (6 people, 25.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Acute Psychosis while taking Baclofen?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Baclofen and have Acute Psychosis
- support group for people who take Baclofen
- support group for people who have Acute Psychosis
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Klonopin, Topamax, Baclofen for a 33-year old woman with Anxiety, Migraine, Systemic Sclerosis. The patient has Not Getting Pregnant After Iud Removal, Tuberous Sclerosis
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin D, Fish Oil, Losartan Potassium, Simvastatin, Baclofen for a 51-year old woman with Vitamin D Decreased, High Blood Cholesterol, High Blood Pressure, Muscle Spasms. The patient has Fear Of Eating, Uncontrollable Urination, Sudden Onset Of Sleep
- A study of drug interactions between Ritalin La, Baclofen for a 67-year old woman with Sleepiness - During The Day, Alcohol Abuse. The patient has Sleepiness - During The Day
- A study of drug interactions between Botox, Baclofen for a 57-year old woman with Cervical Dystonia. The patient has Copd
- A study of drug interactions between Amlodipine Besylate, Tecfidera, Baclofen, Tegretol-xr for a 60-year old woman with Arterial Spasm, Relapsing-remitting Multiple Sclerosis. The patient has Heart Palpitations
Recent Baclofen related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Risperidone, Baclofen, Sertraline, Cogentin, Meloxicam for a 21-year old man who has Depression
- Comparions of Celebrex, Baclofen for a 33-year old woman who has Fibromyalgia Syndrome
- Comparions of Baclofen, Trihexyphenidyl Hydrochloride for a 73-year old man who has Dystonia
- Comparions of Cyclobenzaprine Hydrochloride, Baclofen for a 66-year old woman who has Migraine - Common
- Comparions of Gabapentin, Baclofen, Bupropion Hydrochloride, Fentanyl, Chantix for a 53-year old woman who has Quit Smoking
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.