Review: could Baclofen cause Bladder spasm?
Summary: Bladder spasm is found among people who take Baclofen, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for 5 - 10 years, also take medication Neurontin, and have Relapsing-remitting multiple sclerosis.
We study 20,404 people who have side effects while taking Baclofen from FDA and social media. Among them, 37 have Bladder spasm. Find out below who they are, when they have Bladder spasm and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Baclofen and have Bladder spasm >>>
Baclofen has active ingredients of baclofen. It is often used in muscle spasms. (latest outcomes from 21,217 Baclofen users)
Bladder spasm has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, high blood pressure, pain, high blood cholesterol, osteopenia. (latest reports from 1,101 Bladder spasm patients)
On Apr, 1, 2015: 20,399 people reported to have side effects when taking Baclofen. Among them, 37 people (0.18%) have Bladder Spasm.
Time on Baclofen when people have Bladder spasm * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Bladder spasm||0.00%||50.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||50.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Bladder spasm when taking Baclofen * :
|Bladder spasm||77.27%||22.73% |
Age of people who have Bladder spasm when taking Baclofen * :
|Bladder spasm||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||10.00%||20.00%||62.50%||7.50% |
Severity of Bladder spasm when taking Baclofen ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Bladder spasm||0.00%||33.33%||66.67%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Bladder spasm ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Bladder spasm||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Relapsing-remitting multiple sclerosis (12 people, 32.43%)
- Multiple sclerosis (9 people, 24.32%)
- Pain (3 people, 8.11%)
- Muscle spasms (2 people, 5.41%)
- Secondary progressive multiple sclerosis (1 people, 2.70%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Neurontin (16 people, 43.24%)
- Detrol (15 people, 40.54%)
- Betaseron (14 people, 37.84%)
- Zosyn (13 people, 35.14%)
- Atenolol (12 people, 32.43%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of baclofen and bladder spasm on
Do you have Bladder Spasm while taking Baclofen?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Baclofen and have Bladder Spasm
- support group for people who take Baclofen
- support group for people who have Bladder Spasm
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Metoprolol Tartrate, Baclofen, Gabapentin, Viibryd, Nortriptyline Hydrochloride, Bupropion Hydrochloride for a 33-year old woman with Supraventricular Tachycardia, Fibromyalgia, Depression. The patient has Pain, Blurred Vision, Numbness In Hands Or Feet
- A study of side effects of Baclofen for a 87-year old man with Back Pain.
- A study of side effects of Baclofen for a 21-year old woman with Multiple Sclerosis Relapse. The patient has Slurred Speech
- A study of drug interactions between St. John's Wort, Vitamin C, Biotin, Zyrtec, Garlic, Multivitamin, L-Lysine, Indian Tumeric, Tylenol W/ Codeine No. 3, Sertraline, Relpax, Butalbital, Acetaminophen And Caffeine, Baclofen, Chlorpromazine Hydrochloride, Bupropion Hydrochloride for a 37-year old woman with Dysthymic Disorder, Acne Cystic, Rhinitis, General Physical Health Deterioration, Pain - Leg, Migraine, Belching.
- A study of drug interactions between Baclofen, Neurontin, Ibuprofen, Lipitor, Topamax, Niacin, Paxil CR, Alendronate Sodium, Clopidogrel for a 56-year old woman with Backaches And Stress, Seizures, Complicated Migraine, Total Cholesterol, Depression, Osteoporosis, Pad. The patient has Migraine, Brittle Bone Disease, Slurred Speech, Numbness
Recent Baclofen related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Seroquel, Baclofen for a 22-year old woman who has Anxiety, Apprehension, Feeling Uptight, Jitters, Stress, Stress And Anxiety, Tension
- Comparions of Ibuprofen, Baclofen for a 33-year old woman who has Pain
- Comparions of Risperidone, Baclofen, Sertraline, Cogentin, Meloxicam for a 21-year old man who has Depression
- Comparions of Celebrex, Baclofen for a 33-year old woman who has Fibromyalgia Syndrome
- Comparions of Baclofen, Trihexyphenidyl Hydrochloride for a 73-year old man who has Dystonia
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.