Review: could Baclofen cause Difficulty breathing (Breathing difficulty)?
Summary: Difficulty breathing is found among people who take Baclofen, especially for people who are female, 40-49 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Neurontin, and have Multiple sclerosis.
We study 20,404 people who have side effects while taking Baclofen from FDA and social media. Among them, 846 have Difficulty breathing. Find out below who they are, when they have Difficulty breathing and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Baclofen and have Difficulty breathing >>>
Baclofen has active ingredients of baclofen. It is often used in muscle spasms. (latest outcomes from 21,217 Baclofen users)
Difficulty breathing has been reported by people with high blood pressure, asthma, rheumatoid arthritis, pain, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. (latest reports from 165,466 Difficulty breathing patients)
On Apr, 2, 2015: 20,399 people reported to have side effects when taking Baclofen. Among them, 846 people (4.15%) have Difficulty Breathing.
Time on Baclofen when people have Difficulty breathing * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Difficulty breathing||62.50%||25.00%||12.50%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Difficulty breathing when taking Baclofen * :
|Difficulty breathing||66.29%||33.71% |
Age of people who have Difficulty breathing when taking Baclofen * :
|Difficulty breathing||0.00%||0.38%||1.63%||4.89%||11.40%||30.33%||29.45%||21.93% |
Severity of Difficulty breathing when taking Baclofen ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Difficulty breathing||0.00%||66.67%||33.33%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Difficulty breathing ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Difficulty breathing||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Multiple sclerosis (308 people, 36.41%)
- Pain (134 people, 15.84%)
- Muscle spasms (67 people, 7.92%)
- Relapsing-remitting multiple sclerosis (49 people, 5.79%)
- Muscle spasticity (43 people, 5.08%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Neurontin (201 people, 23.76%)
- Gabapentin (144 people, 17.02%)
- Aspirin (134 people, 15.84%)
- Oxycontin (125 people, 14.78%)
- Ambien (117 people, 13.83%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Difficulty Breathing while taking Baclofen?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Baclofen and have Difficulty Breathing
- support group for people who take Baclofen
- support group for people who have Difficulty Breathing
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Methotrexate for a 69-year old woman with Rheumatoid Arthritis. The patient has Breathlessness, Fatigue
- A study of drug interactions between Trazodone Hydrochloride, Wellbutrin Xl for a 49-year old woman with Unable To Sleep, Depression And Anxiety. The patient has Shortness Of Breath, Resting Tremor
- A study of drug interactions between Citalopram Hydrobromide, Toviaz, Omeprazole, Eliquis, Bisoprolol Fumarate for a 63-year old woman with Chronic Depression, Urinary Incontinence, Heartburn - Chronic, Atrial Fibrillation. The patient has Headache - Migraine With Aura, Breathlessness
- A study of drug interactions between Metoprolol Tartrate, Baclofen, Gabapentin, Viibryd, Nortriptyline Hydrochloride, Bupropion Hydrochloride for a 33-year old woman with Supraventricular Tachycardia, Fibromyalgia, Depression. The patient has Pain, Blurred Vision, Numbness In Hands Or Feet
- A study of side effects of Ms Contin for a 43-year old woman with Rheumatoid Arthritis. The patient has Breathing Difficulty
Recent Baclofen related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Seroquel, Baclofen for a 22-year old woman who has Anxiety, Apprehension, Feeling Uptight, Jitters, Stress, Stress And Anxiety, Tension
- Comparions of Ibuprofen, Baclofen for a 33-year old woman who has Pain
- Comparions of Risperidone, Baclofen, Sertraline, Cogentin, Meloxicam for a 21-year old man who has Depression
- Comparions of Celebrex, Baclofen for a 33-year old woman who has Fibromyalgia Syndrome
- Comparions of Baclofen, Trihexyphenidyl Hydrochloride for a 73-year old man who has Dystonia
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.