Review: could Baclofen cause Headache?
(By eHealthMe on Mar, 4, 2014)
Severity ratings: 2.6/4
On a scale of 1 to 4: 1=least, 2=moderate, 3=severe, 4=most severe
We study 20,286 people who take Baclofen. Among them, 1,071 have Headache. See who they are, when they have Headache and more. This review is based on reports from FDA and social media, and is updated regularly.
For patients like me, how are my drugs? On eHealthMe, you can research 300 million drug outcomes from FDA and social media. We use data reported since 1977 till to date. All studies are personalized to gender and age. Start now >>>
Baclofen (latest outcomes from 21,050 users) has active ingredients of baclofen. It is often used in muscle spasms, multiple sclerosis. Commonly reported side effects of Baclofen include weakness, fatigue, multiple sclerosis, multiple sclerosis aggravated, fall.
Headache (pain in head) (latest reports from 1,171,782 patients) has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, high blood pressure, depression, rheumatoid arthritis, osteoporosis.
On Mar, 1, 2014: 19,298 people reported to have side effects when taking Baclofen. Among them, 1,211 people (6.28%) have Headache.
Time on Baclofen when people have Headache * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Headache when taking Baclofen * :
Age of people who have Headache when taking Baclofen * :
Severity of Headache when taking Baclofen ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Headache ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Multiple sclerosis (429 people, 35.43%)
- Pain (167 people, 13.79%)
- Muscle spasms (98 people, 8.09%)
- Depression (85 people, 7.02%)
- Muscle spasticity (78 people, 6.44%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Neurontin (244 people, 20.15%)
- Avonex (164 people, 13.54%)
- Gabapentin (155 people, 12.80%)
- Klonopin (126 people, 10.40%)
- Aspirin (119 people, 9.83%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related topic: Baclofen, Headache
You can also:
On eHealthMe, Baclofen (baclofen) is often used for muscle spasms. Find out below the conditions Baclofen is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Baclofen used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Browse Baclofen side effects from A to Z:
Browse Baclofen drug interactions with drugs from A to Z:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
Comments from related studies:
From this study (2 months ago):
Trying to figure out if my symptoms are related to medications I am taking or due to chronic fatigue syndrome which I have been diagnosed with and maybe fibromyalgia or lumbar stenosis or MS.
From this study (3 months ago):
Healed joint and soft tissue injuries (PID) return with increased pain and swelling. Pressure changes with position. Frequency and intensity of migraines increased with pressure symptoms. Genetic connective tissue disorder - Ehler Danlos Syndrome. Cardiac arrhythmia. History of rheumatic fever, pneumothorax, whooping cough, and severe allergic reactions.
From this study (10 months ago):
I believe the Gabapentin is causing headaches.
Post a new comment OR Read more comments
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Baclofen, Headache
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Living with chronic pain while battling with psychological disorders.
I have had back problems since 2004. I have been on pain management since 2007. A year ago I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia. Not only does fibromyalgia cause deep wide spread pain, it also makes me feel lethargic, fluish, and greatly effects my daily life. I also have some psychological conditions ...
More reviews for: Baclofen, Headache
Recent related drug studies:
- A study of drug interactions between Baclofen, Mucinex Dm, Unisom, Zyrtec Allergy, Promethazine, Omeprazole; Sodium Bicarbonate, Bystolic, Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen, Xanax, Halcion, Wellbutrin Xl, Cymbalta, Nuvigil for a patient with Muscle Spasms, Allergy, Sleep Disorder Due To General Medical Condition, Insomnia Type, Sinus Headache, Nevus Araneus, Gerd, High Blood Pressure, Pain - Back, Anxiety Disorder Due To A General Medical Condition, Insomnia, Depression, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. The patient has Knee Pain, Neck Pain, Sudden Forgetfulness (Memory loss), Panic Attacks (Panic disorder), Anxiety Disorder (Generalized anxiety disorder), Chronic Depression (Dysthymia), Restless Legs Syndrome (Restless leg syndrome), Nail Picking, Fever, Headache, Early Morning Joint Stiffness, Heartburn - Chronic (Gastroesophageal reflux disease), Weight Loss - Unintentional (Weight Decreased), Loss Of Appetite (Appetite - decreased), Fatigue - Chronic (Chronic fatigue syndrome), Numbness And Tingling, Pain - Back (Back pain - low), Neaseous
- A study of drug interactions between Retin-a, Silver, Nystatin, Clobetasol Propionate, Vanos, Vitamin B12, Vitamin D, Cardizem, Prednisone, Restasis, Lidocaine, Zyrtec, Flonase, Ipratropium Bromide, Xopenex HFA, Xopenex, Fioricet, Relpax, Botox, Lidoderm, Baclofen, Lansoprazole, Advair Diskus 500/50, Symbicort, Singulair, Oxycodone, Enbrel, Aygestin for a patient with Acne, Wound, Thrush, Eczema, Vitamin B12 Deficiency, Vitamin D Deficiency, Blood Pressure Fluctuation, Rheumatic Heart Disease, Dry Eye, Cervical Spondylosis, Allergies, Rhinitis Allergic, Asthma, Migraine With Aura, Musculoskeletal Pain, Muscle Spasms, Gerd, Herniated Intervertebral Disk, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Endometriosis. The patient has Urine Flow Decreased, Urine Output, Constipation, Shoulder Impingement Syndrome (Rotator cuff tendinitis), Frozen Shoulder, Early Morning Awakening, Palpitations Aggravated (Heart palpitations), Sleepy (Drowsiness), Sleep Paralysis - Isolated (Isolated sleep paralysis), Confusion, Sensitivity To The Cold (Cold intolerance), Drowsiness, Muscle Fatigue (Weakness), Cramps - Muscle (Muscle cramps), Pain - Muscles (Muscle aches), Muscular Weakness (Weakness), Eye Pain, Vision Blurred, Night Sweats, Pain - Joints (Joint pain), Joint Warmth, Pain - Neck (Neck pain), Blood Pressure Diastolic Increased, Increased Intracranial Pressure, Headache, Heart Rate Increased, Micturition Frequency Decreased, Blood Pressure Fluctuation, Blood Pressure Increased (High blood pressure)
- A study of drug interactions between Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen, Albuterol Sulfate And Ipratropium Bromide, Meloxicam, Simvastatin, Furosemide, Lansoprazole, Montelukast Sodium, Symbicort, Ventolin Hfa, Levothyroxine Sodium, Metformin, Baclofen, Glipizide, Gabapentin for a patient with Pain, Asthma Nos, Osteoarthritis, Cholesterol, Fluid Retention, Reflux Gastritis, Asthma, Hypothyroidism, Diabetes Mellitus, Muscle Spams, Allergy Prophylaxis, Bipolar 1. The patient has Frequent Headaches (Headache)
More related studies for: Baclofen, Headache
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.