Review: could Baclofen cause Headache?
Summary: Headache is found among people who take Baclofen, especially for people who are female, 40-49 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Neurontin, and have Multiple sclerosis.
We study 20,369 people who have side effects while taking Baclofen from FDA and social media. Among them, 1,211 have Headache. Find out below who they are, when they have Headache and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Baclofen and have Headache >>>
Baclofen has active ingredients of baclofen. It is often used in muscle spasms. (latest outcomes from Baclofen 21,180 users)
Headache (pain in head) has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, depression, high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis, osteoporosis.(latest reports from Headache 199,069 patients)
On Nov, 25, 2014: 20,359 people reported to have side effects when taking Baclofen. Among them, 1,211 people (5.95%) have Headache.
Time on Baclofen when people have Headache * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Headache when taking Baclofen * :
Age of people who have Headache when taking Baclofen * :
Severity of Headache when taking Baclofen ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Headache ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Multiple sclerosis (429 people, 35.43%)
- Pain (167 people, 13.79%)
- Muscle spasms (98 people, 8.09%)
- Depression (85 people, 7.02%)
- Muscle spasticity (78 people, 6.44%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Neurontin (244 people, 20.15%)
- Avonex (164 people, 13.54%)
- Gabapentin (155 people, 12.80%)
- Klonopin (126 people, 10.40%)
- Aspirin (119 people, 9.83%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Headache while taking Baclofen?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Baclofen and have Headache
- support group for people who take Baclofen
- support group for people who have Headache
Recent conversations of related support groups:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Can drinking tea few days after having a depo provera shot lessen the effectivity of contraception?
Interaction of drinking tea 3 days after having depo-provera shot
- Can a drug test result return positive for amphetamine using 500mg tylenol extra strength
Can a drug test result return positive for amphetamine using 500mg tylenol extra strength?
- What causes a headache only when coughing or shaking the head?
Head hurts only when shaken or I cough. I suspect benadryl or amytriptaline
- What's the best home remedy for jaundice?
I started out thinking that I had pancreatitis, had all the symptoms, abdominal pain that went all the way thru to the back & inability to digest food (chronic indigestion). I read about keeping the bodys pH better balanced, bought pH test strips (urine) & found I was very acidic. I began eating more alkaline foods, alkalizing my water, and avoiding really acidic foods. Stopped taking my acid reducers because they actually KEPT me more acidic. I noticed that when my body's pH was up (alkaline) the pain was tolerable but when it began to drop (acid) the pain kicked up again. My doctors say they don't necessarily think it's pancreatitis because the ultrasound doesn't show inflammation & my blood test numbers are only slightly elevated. My liver enzymes are also slightly elevated. The doctors don't Seem very concerned. Today, for the first time in 2 months since this whole thing started I noticed I'm jaundiced. What the heck is this?
- Can i connect by email with other patients that have hypoglycemia and stevens-johnson syndrome? (1 answer)
I have had hypoglycemia since childhood, and I have managed it easily until just this weekend. I got S-J two years ago from Bactrim. As I have healed from S-J very slowly and painfully, I was exercising hard, and working hard and slipped a little on not eating enough protein. I started dropping into sugar blackouts and it scared the crap out of me! Still working at being able to eat enough to straighten out low sugar levels. Any suggestions helpful, Thanks, Leann
More questions for: Baclofen, Headache
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Dyphenhydramine and headaches horrible going one almost 24 hours a day for 4 weeks and cant get them to stop, now looking for cause . think its the dyphenhydramine im taking to help me sleep .
have been taking 3 dyphenhydramine for some time to help me sleep , just in last few weeks began having severe headache almost all the time.. cant get it to go away. just found out it can cause headache and am going to lower my intake to one per night and see if my headaches get better. am taking migrane meds and that hasnt helped a bit so think its not migranes im having. some other reason.
- Raspberry ketones - side-effect of red face, face muscle twitching
Whenever I use Raspberry Ketones 500mg capsules (1 a day) I get reddening of the tops of my cheeks coupled with muscle tightening/twitching of the cheek muscles closest to the nose (the muscles that contract if someone blows in your eyes) and the muscles at the bridge of nose at times too. Both sets of symptoms last for a day, then to be repeated again the next day on taking the next capsule. Whenever I cease using the product the symptoms likewise end. They began occurring from the very first use of the product. They are sometimes accompanied by a very low-grade headache. I thus now no longer use the product, plus the product made no difference whatsoever to my weight gain/loss when using it daily over several weeks.
- Had nms in 2005, will trileptal increase chance of recurrence?
In 2005 I had NMS, which was not detected by my drs for 4 months. I'd been on Lexapro & Seroquel for 2 yrs, but was weaned from Lexapro & placed on Lamictal 3/05. Began getting low-grade fevers, which I was told were not caused by the Lamictal. I quit taking it anyway, fevers (along with uncontrollable shivering) continued & got higher. By 5/05 my temps were reaching 105 deg F. Husband said I became combative, refused to go to hospital. Early June/05 he came home to find me wrapped in blankets, with a temp over 105 F. He tried to place me in a tub of cold water, said I was rigid & screamed when he tried to move me. I was in the tub, speaking "in tongues" (his description, I have no memory of this). He called 911, took me to hospital. I woke, no idea where I was or why. After a lumbar puncture & 2 days in ICU I went home. The fevers continued...2 weeks later he came home to find me wrapped in sheets, towels, blankets, with the heat on full (it was in the 90's outside) he called ambulance again. I awoke to find myself under an ice blanket with nurses pushing large vials of dantrolene into both arms, several liters. Another LP, a stint in ICU...this time they told me it was NMS. The dr who dxd me said he was surprised I was alive, & not a vegetable, as my temp had peaked at 109 deg F. I suffered brain damage; short-term memory loss, brain can't control my body temp, my blood pressure went up. An arteriogram showed completely healthy heart & arteries, no plaque at all. I lost all body fat as well as some muscle mass. The fevers continued even after stopping the Seroquel. I visited my PCP for a checkup in 9/05, temp was normal. I started shuddering, my temp went up a full degree every 5 minutes. PCP admitted me to ER, my heart rate was over 272 B/M; they stopped my heart 3 times to "reset" it, which didn't work. I spent 3 days in hospital. Several months later my P doc tried me on Lamictal alone; I got Stevens-Johnson syndrome. I stopped the drug as soon as the signs appeared. I've been untreated, except for Neurontin & Primidone, until my manic episodes became unlivable. 3 weeks ago I went 8 days with no sleep, became psychotic. My P doc gave me Trileptal, which has evened my moods, but I've been getting low-grade fevers (highest was 103.6). Would having had NMS in the past make me more prone to falling to it again with the Trileptal? It's the only new med I've taken in over a year.
- Losartan potassium headaches (1 response)
I avoided going to the doctor for years and decided it was time to bite the bullet. The bullet bit back. High Blood pressure and cholesterol. Doc prescribed me 100mg Losartan Potassium right out of the gate. At 33 years old, this concerns me. I've been on it for about a week and have had a constant moderate headache along with some slight dizziness/foggy feeling. I also noticed some ringing in my ears a few times as well. Going back to the doc today. My pharmacist says they usually start people on lower doses than 100 mg. Anyone else dealing with something similar?
- Prescribed drugs side effect (1 response)
I have been on these 2 drugs (Gabapentin and Baclofen) prescribed by my gp for osteoarthritis and nerve damage in my full back.Now also suffering from the grief of losing my beloved companion Harvey (dog),I was diagnosed with deep depression. I was given fluoxetine and have been taking this for almost 4 weeks (along with the other 2 meds) and today I have a very sore tongue and it has been white for a number of days,i am going to the pharmacy tomorrow to seek some advice as I am not sure I should be taking all these together? As I am on the highest dose of depression tablets with the fluoxetine I feel it is unsafe to take with the other 2 as the baclofen can also be used to treat certain types of depression. But I can not do without either and as I am allergic to codeine I am pretty much stuck.
More reviews for: Baclofen, Headache
Comments from related drug studies (Check your drugs):
- Bleeding symptoms reduce when off medication for nearly a week. Blood clot type content in loose stool (liquid). blood ranges from very dark to bright in same movement. Amount of blood is concern. There is pain and firm area in between upper pelvic and lower abdomen area that disappears after moveme ...
- Was prescribed Voltaren gel for tenosynovitis of my thumb. Helped the pain somewhat, but I woke up feeling terrible. I am sensitive to stronger oral pain medications, which is why this was prescribed in the first place, but the side effects are worse than when I have taken codeine. Felt somewhat be ...
- There is a pain in my neck as well as a pain under my jaw no swelling i only feel it when i touch a small aarea.there is pain in my muscles and around my left breast area only when touching or laying on my stomach each symtom lasted two days then switched to a new symptom it's been onne week since i ...
- Small, painful blister appeared on the underside (soft, padded part) of the toe. The blister caused a very painful sensation through the whole toe like the toe was cut off from blood circulation. Blisters on the toe appeared 2 out of the 3 times the medication was taken.
- Have ringing in the ears and feel that it could not be because of sound it must be because of something else. It is to high it must be of the medicne I eat. Have even ringing in the left ear but very high in my righ. Same type of sound on both sides of the ears ringing sound. Help please?
What me ...
More related studies for: Baclofen, Headache
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.